Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

SEJUANi VISUAL UPGRADE IS HERE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Evangelene

04-02-2013

Quote:
Ginga:
It takes over a month to work up to 6300 IP you know...well, with how much time is available for actually playing anyways.

Not to mention, PBE has proven to be woefully inaccurate in how a champion plays out. People called Kha'zix OP from the PBE, that is before he was made viable by the change in AD Caster items. Then there is Zed and how he initially came out of the PBE.

I never have an issue with ip? I usually keep at least 6300 just in case i like the newest champ or feel like updating runes. And i barely play anymore compared to what i used to Oo

You can always sign up for the PBE next time it's open.

And if you REALLY liked her old look THAT much then why didnt you buy her back then? I've had really good games as pre rework sej. Obviously you don't care just about her reworked kit or you wouldn't be complaining about her looks, you've had AGES to buy her since she came out.......

Altonious

04-02-2013

Quote:
IronStylus:
I already mentioned her traditional skin will be available. Bikini and all.

All my months of bashing Riot decisions, mostly the end of last year, and this finally gets a red response and its one of my post that doesn't have much behind it.

Based on previous 'Traditional' skins I figured it would be another color swap. Even though this is a better traditional then the others I am still not okay with it, it is still too different. Just going to throw this out there but why not have the traditional skins actually be the old models? As a game design major I feel it would be rather easy to do and I think would help appease those in flames about her visual rework more then what its current version is.

Another thing I would like to bring up, hopefully you are still around, is I believe it was in the big rework Sejuani thread that was floating around a while back that you said yourself that you would never visually rework a champ to where it would mess with the image of the champ and brought up Eve and her dominatrix straps. But is that not what has happened here, and even more-so with the horrid trundle rework. She no longer has the barbaric look to her, if anything she looks like an mounted warrior and hardly barbaric at all. In fact her previous outfit or lack thereof followed the very definition of barbaric while her new one does not.

But my input is but a drop in the pond and really does not matter to Riot one way or another especially considering very few share my thoughts on the game so Sej will just join the ever growing list of champions I will not play(assuming I ever play again) that is composed entirely of champs ruined through one manner of rework or another, even splash updates turn me off of characters once loved(goodbye Sona).

P.S: This is off topic but, If you do reply to this perhaps you may be able to instill a bit of hope for this game in me, for I have very little anymore. Is there by chance any plans to ever fix the monstrosity of a skin that is Headmistress Fiora?

Send Me Lewds

04-02-2013

And she looks like a man. Clearly IronStylus was involved. Tired of his art now, I want the women to look like women, not men.

Solari Brigadier

04-02-2013

Quote:
Altonious:
-snip-

You mentioned that your posts seem to be ignored, but I'm curious - what do you expect when the heart of your post is "I don't like this. You're making me upset Riot. I don't like what you're doing."

Here's some things you can try to get more from your posts (and maybe even a nice, thought out IronStylus response):

-Explain your arguments. You ask why Traditional skins can't just be the old model, so explain why the old models would be better than the new models with old flair. You say Sejuani no longer feels barbaric, but don't explain what made her barbaric or what changed to make her no longer feel that way.

-Stop whining. "Oh gee I've got all these great things to discuss but Riot doesn't listen or respond". These kind of lines have no place in a post you expect discussion from, because it has nothing to do with your argument. If you're trying to get pity, make an "I'm Quitting LoL Because ..." post and see how well that goes over.

-OFFER SOLUTIONS. Dear god if you're so passionate about a topic, at least put in the time to add "These are a few things I think could work in the place of what is currently being done". If you want to complain, go ahead, but don't expect to get a discussion from it. But if you actually, really have an issue with something and want it to get changed or fixed, you need to start somewhere. Your suggestions give responders a jumping-off point to understand your issues and mindset, and open up the possibility for more meaningful discussion that will mean something to you.

Goguma XO

04-02-2013

Both the updated visuals as well as the retouched kit look really great. Really, really good job guys.

But there is just this one little thing. Any chance the visual effect on Sejuani's ult can go back to giant blocks of encasing ice instead of the current "my tummy is chilly" effect in the PBE?

My most played champion in season 3 is Sejuani, currently at 161 ranked games played in season 3. By comparison, my next closest most played champion after her is Sona at 32 season 3 ranked games. It went from team mates complaining about my Sejuani pick(often telling me flat out not to play her) about every other game at the start of season 3, to less complaints at picks & bans but still lots of team mates not knowing what to do when I land my ultimate, to now almost every team being fine with me picking Sejuani and also reacting appropriately when I land my ult.

The visual effect of Sejauni's ult currently on Live is both visually satisfying as well as being a great visual cue for my team mates to react to. The few Sejuani mains out there finally got people to get used to her ultimate's visual "go sign." I'm just kind of worried that the comparatively muted visual effect of her reworked ultimate would have us go through that whole phase all over again. Even just judging solely based on aesthetic appeal or the visual impact pertaining to thematic cohesion(not just ice and cold, but also power, aggressiveness, dominance through force, and conquest), I believe the old visual effect wins out.

Revert Glacial Prison's visual effect to the original giant ice blocks, pretty please?

Altonious

04-02-2013

Quote:
Solari Brigadier:
You mentioned that your posts seem to be ignored, but I'm curious - what do you expect when the heart of your post is "I don't like this. You're making me upset Riot. I don't like what you're doing."

Here's some things you can try to get more from your posts (and maybe even a nice, thought out IronStylus response):

-Explain your arguments. You ask why Traditional skins can't just be the old model, so explain why the old models would be better than the new models with old flair. You say Sejuani no longer feels barbaric, but don't explain what made her barbaric or what changed to make her no longer feel that way.

-Stop whining. "Oh gee I've got all these great things to discuss but Riot doesn't listen or respond". These kind of lines have no place in a post you expect discussion from, because it has nothing to do with your argument. If you're trying to get pity, make an "I'm Quitting LoL Because ..." post and see how well that goes over.

-OFFER SOLUTIONS. Dear god if you're so passionate about a topic, at least put in the time to add "These are a few things I think could work in the place of what is currently being done". If you want to complain, go ahead, but don't expect to get a discussion from it. But if you actually, really have an issue with something and want it to get changed or fixed, you need to start somewhere. Your suggestions give responders a jumping-off point to understand your issues and mindset, and open up the possibility for more meaningful discussion that will mean something to you.

My last stint of Riot 'bashing' was full of points and hard facts, yet it never got any sort of red response so why put in 30 minutes per post when i can shorten it to 5. But seeing as you failed to get my points allow me to humor you and state them with clearly.

The SOLE purpose of the traditional skins is to 'try' to appease the people(myself being one of them) up in flames about the model rework. Believe it or not some people happened to like the old models, so Riot decideds to out these 'Traditional' skins and its cool that they are trying but, at least to me, they seem more a slap in the face then anything as for the most part they are but a color swap and hardly contain the essence of the old model. So they should just use the old model for these 'Traditional' skins because then it would then actually give people what these skins are trying to accomplish, the old look. As for the barbaric thing, I did explain it but that may have been another thread, so once more. Lets start by looking at the very definition of barbaric, having to do with being UNCIVILIZED. Take a look at the 2 models and the art, the new one has no connotation of the word barbaric at all and in fact I would say she looks almost knight like, whereas the old art and model are far more barbaric looking. But should that not be enough on the barbarian front let us take a look into it from a historical perspective. Barbarian very, very rarely wore any armor as it would encumber them from being able to strike swiftly and savagely.

Ah yes, the infamous 'stop whining' statement, i shall shut this part down right quick. Was it not whining that is getting this stuff changed in the first place? Yes? Thought so. Next time you tell someone to stop whining make sure the reason they are whining(though I am hardly doing that) isn't because of something that got changed only because of whining in the first place.

As for solutions, I did offer one for visuals. If they are going to desecrate champions models and art and then dangle these sub-par alternatives to the old nice models in the form of 'Traditional' skins why not just use the old model. As for balance, the only real solution is one that doesn't need giving, and that is to quit trying so hard. Outside of a static game like rock-paper-scissors, it is nigh impossible for balance to exist there are just far too many variables. In fact I happen to recall a post where a red openly admitted that they no the game can and will not ever be balanced, so these kit re-hauls in order to boost sales...I mean balance are largely pointless and a waste of Riots resources. In fact this games engine at its core is designed for balance to never be obtained. Lets look at it this way, say we order all the champs into a list based on how strong they are. We have the top W champs which are the strongest of the strong, the middle X champs which are strong but not overly and can compete against the tops with out much trouble, the low Y champs which a just the middle of the road in power but still could give the tops a run for their money with a little luck or a minor skill gap, and the bottom Z champs which are just awful and have almost no chance against the tops or even the strong unless there is a huge skill gap. Now lets say these groups are further listed out from the strongest of the tops group to the weakest of the bottom group. Lets look at champ A who is currently at the bottom of the whole list, well good news for A he just got a kit re-haul(thanks to the constant whining that he/she was UP) and is now in top W champs and is no longer in the bottom, but in that process everyone under his/her new spot got pushed down so now champ B resides in A's old spot and something from the middle ground moved down to the bottom tier, starting the whole whining process all over again.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

04-02-2013

Quote:
d4l3kcaan:
prefer original.

"yah im naked. ya its below freezing. i ride a giant pig. #@%$% you"

Then good news! As I've mentioned.. traditional skin and all.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

04-02-2013

Quote:
ForeverLaxx:
So why did you mirror the helmet? Originally, the right horn was broken but the left was fine. Now the right one is fine but the left is broken. Seems like an odd change.

We decided that in her original base that it seems very awkward that she wasn't actually grasping Kevin Tuggles. Odd how no one really felt this was a thing, then we all went.. "Uh.. she doesn't actually hold onto the boar. That's odd.."

Ok, so maybe not that dumbfounded, but we did decided the La-Z-Boy sitting postion wasn't appropriate. We had to get rid of the shield in order to have her riding the pig properlike. So, we compensated by basically sticking a larger buckler-size mass on her left gauntlet and pauldron, (the gauntlet eventually became the Seekers Armguard).

We wanted to put a bit of asymmetry in there as was there with the shield, minor as this compensation was. With that mass added, we knew that the added bulk, and the eventual position of the pauldron, would clip against the horn when she was posed, so we reversed it. Also, since there was a lot going on on that side of her body, we wanted to put the horn on her right side as a point of interest to balance.

Thornmaelstrom

04-02-2013

Relevant about helmet-horn mirroring, with the good graces of the Meddler: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=36311180#36311180
Edit: First few custom games I've taken a look at Sejuani, the first two things that pop out are the flail and horn, not the pauldron/buckler. The colors might have something to do with that. Either way, there's still this big "flail+horn on same side" issue that is the result.
Edit2: Looking again and paying special attention, I really do appreciate the way she holds onto Bristle now, and the size of the gauntlet-buckler complex is appreciated. I reckon she could afford to lose some metal pauldron mass to bulk up on thick fur w/ leather straps & a left-sided horn.
Edit3: As a fan of armoured ladies, I am loathe to remove any armor whatsoever; usually metal doesn't work well in wintery conditions (better than a bikini) but the fur-trim more than compensates for it, infact enhancing it manyfold to have a really bulky and solid feel (I'm assuming its fur trim, it's kind of blurry as a dull tan line on a small in-game model, but its in the right spot and has the same effect zoomed out so its irrelevant). Is there any way this could work with a left-sided horn?

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

04-02-2013

Quote:
BooleanCube:
Relevant about helmet-horn mirroring, with the good graces of the Meddler: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=36311180#36311180
Edit: First few custom games I've taken a look at Sejuani, the first two things that pop out are the flail and horn, not the pauldron/buckler. The colors might have something to do with that. Either way, there's still this big "flail+horn on same side" issue that is the result.

The horn clipping issue took priority in this case.