Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What is it in our ego

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zomba

Adjudicator

08-01-2009

I see threads around here like "post your best score ss" or in fiddle guide i just saw reply like "i approve this guide with godlike kdr ss"

I saw this in Dota and same thing i see now. Whenever game ends there is a guy with comment like "mass aoe ftw" "and refresher ult wins the game" "if i didnt make 2 platemails we would lose" there is always that last point on the self, selfish self. When did you hear "man this guy support rocks" or "This combo done by this 2 guys" no, in every other game maybe but in dota or lets say lol i cant remember this. More then any other game moba(if you want to call it that) encourages to be selfish. You dont hear "Godlike support" or announcer screaming "MEGAHEALLLLLER" no you hear savage sick, godlike, beyond godlike. So not that you can blame anyone to have this perception, i wont be a hypocrite and will admit this feelings as well. Its just how this games are teaching us to think and feel, it goes right into our subconciousnes.

If you asked yourself why this games bring worst of people(flames and so on) then this is your answer. Today i say goodbye to Moba(if thats how you want to call it)

Wana

08-01-2009

How long have you been on the internet?

NefariousRaven

Recruiter

08-01-2009

Quote:
Wana:
How long have you been on the internet?

lawl.

Kub

Adjudicator

08-01-2009

well Bragging increases E-peen.

and to be honest sometimes I say stuff like that to myself ,but because it's true to be honest for example last game 17 kills approx 20 minutes into the game kinda makes it an almost owning situation ,but I don't brag about it or just flex at the other team about it or even my teammates that's a bit immature.

and about the announces I guess it's because everyone got used to it only does that for kills like in any game for example in Half Life (and all it's mods) and most if not all MMORPGs.

Lightstriker

Recruiter

08-01-2009

uhm... honestly?
I've heard entire RANTS about how soraka and mino together won the game. I've heard people talk about how thankful they are for morgana's shield, how soraka won the game for their team by being the best support for them. People have said over and over how nice of a save that was, how good of a push that is, etc. Games are frequently won and lost entirely based on how well your team can push together. This is NOT a solo game, and people who play it like it is except in the case of the current "mega carry" (Which STILL need team support, as they'll get absolutely smashed trying to solo a team or something like that) are, in 9 times out of 10, hurting their team. Even the method of a solo jungle iis made viable largely by the fact that it can indirectly help its team by doing dragon and ganking where necessary to back a player up.
Also, having a large KDR is FUN, it feels good. People joke or brag about it. But that doesn't somehow mean that that's what this game is about (also, how on EARTH would you judge a "megahealer?" it's just much easier, and more fun, to announce things like godlike)

Zomba

Adjudicator

08-01-2009

Quote:
Lightstriker:
uhm... honestly?
I've heard entire RANTS about how soraka and mino together won the game. I've heard people talk about how thankful they are for morgana's shield, how soraka won the game for their team by being the best support for them. People have said over and over how nice of a save that was, how good of a push that is, etc. Games are frequently won and lost entirely based on how well your team can push together. This is NOT a solo game, and people who play it like it is except in the case of the current "mega carry" (Which STILL need team support, as they'll get absolutely smashed trying to solo a team or something like that) are, in 9 times out of 10, hurting their team. Even the method of a solo jungle iis made viable largely by the fact that it can indirectly help its team by doing dragon and ganking where necessary to back a player up.
Also, having a large KDR is FUN, it feels good. People joke or brag about it. But that doesn't somehow mean that that's what this game is about (also, how on EARTH would you judge a "megahealer?" it's just much easier, and more fun, to announce things like godlike)

you have head in the sand

Ryuk

Recruiter

08-01-2009

Its not just the internet, its welcome to anything that has competition in it so feel free to run away from moba's, athletics, heck just about anything.

Lightstriker

Recruiter

08-01-2009

Quote:
Zomba:
you have head in the sand

...I'm honestly not sure whether to laugh or not. Just because of the fact that you seem to have this overly pessimistic view of what happens doesn't mean that I'm lying, or making this up. These are all things that have happened, and still do. Hell, ask ANY player who has been here a while how ridiculous a good soraka and minotaur working together used to be. They won the game, completely irregardless of KDR.

NefariousRaven

Recruiter

08-01-2009

Quote:
Lightstriker:
...I'm honestly not sure whether to laugh or not. Just because of the fact that you seem to have this overly pessimistic view of what happens doesn't mean that I'm lying, or making this up. These are all things that have happened, and still do. Hell, ask ANY player who has been here a while how ridiculous a good soraka and minotaur working together used to be. They won the game, completely irregardless of KDR.

Used to be?

Teran

08-01-2009

If you quit any game that had people bragging about their abilities, there'd be nothing left for you to play.

I don't think there's any point in posting your best score and such because some classes aren't made for that, not everyone is a carry after all... and right now the surest way to guarantee a high number of kills is running with a premade team blowing up noob pugs.

Seriously though, why do you even care what other people think? Find a core group of people who feel the same way you do and play with them and ignore the rest.