Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Anyone else dislike Fiora's lore?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Holy Malevolence

02-23-2012

What I'm getting is that she's an arrogant little *****, she knows it, she goes out of her way to prove she is what she says, and she despises her pops for not being awesome.

I like the sound of this person.

basketofseals

02-23-2012

I don't understand how she joined the League. I thought the League of Legends was a massive political juggernaut, not some tournament anyone can just sign up for.

Super Explosion

02-23-2012

Quote:
Jasado:
Which is her whole point for self-exile.

And her personal struggle with defining why she fights, part of the reason she joined league.

She broke it because she felt the original ideals of Noxia were broken too, and she was given that as a token of those ideals and how she upheld them.

And as she intends to represent the code she was raised by and lives by, her still using the sword even though it is "broken" symbolically represents that.

She still holds to the original Noxian beliefs she was raised on, it's just that she realizes the current day Noxus no longer adheres to that and is why she parted from it.

She's chosen to represent those values in a different way, by joining the League.

Let me put it this way:

You're in the military. They betray you. Get all your friends killed.

You smash your assault rifle in defiance, swearing never to be involved with their foul stuff again.

And then you're like "whoops I guess I need that to fight, sorry guys" and fix it up again.

Riven's lore also has even more contradictions-- she ascended the ranks of the Noxian military, but somehow missed all of the Cassiopeas, Swains, Katarinas and Urgots.

It's like "wheee, blissfully unaware of ravens ripping people apart slowly" during her entire training.
Katarina certainly fights people head on, too, eh?

Kizuna

02-23-2012

Quote:
DivineMalignance:
What I'm getting is that she's an arrogant little *****, she knows it, she goes out of her way to prove she is what she says, and she despises her pops for not being awesome.

I like the sound of this person.

Nothing wrong with a female who wants to be self-made.

Apparently that's not respectable, because females are NEVER self made.

Legendary Father/Bloodline (Debunked and played in reverse in this case, actually giving her a chance to actually be a self-made legend = awesome)

Power given from an outside and usually male ruled source

Power gained from group or someone who helped them in the past

Weak by themselves and only strong when paired with others

Only powerful until a romantic interest appears

...Fiora isn't held back by any of this, some from a cliche writer view, this is actually really awesome.

She is powerful, she knows it, she earned it, and she will not let it stand for anyone to tell her or think otherwise.

She'll prove it.

I think this is fantastic.

jars

02-23-2012

nobody is going to not play her because of lack of lore

Bump N Grind

02-23-2012

this game's lore died a while ago

Puny Ancus

Recruiter

02-23-2012

Everybody's getting trolled.

Deleven

02-23-2012

so far the only lore that has dissapointed me is swain's.
The lore its self is quite interesting, but they gave him the title of master tactician, and then gave him a kit that required minimal skill and planning to use.
All you do is transform when your in danger and memorize his combo. Heimerdinger is currently ten times the tactician swain is.

Super Explosion

02-23-2012

Quote:
Jasado:
Nothing wrong with a female who wants to be self-made.

Apparently that's not respectable, because females are NEVER self made.

Legendary Father/Bloodline (Debunked and played in reverse in this case, actually giving her a chance to actually be a self-made legend = awesome)

Power given from an outside and usually male ruled source

Power gained from group or someone who helped them in the past

Weak by themselves and only strong when paired with others

Only powerful until a romantic interest appears

...Fiora isn't held back by any of this, some from a cliche writer view, this is actually really awesome.

She is powerful, she knows it, she earned it, and she will not let it stand for anyone to tell her or think otherwise.

She'll prove it.

I think this is fantastic.

It sounds as if she's more concerned with her family honor than her own badassery.

The voice acting will determine it, really.

But it would be much better if the story had the tone of "you know what, you see that Cho'Gath, I'm gonna go duel that you prissy cowards".

Razzcastic

02-23-2012

i didn't know the lore was so important to you guys.... seriously who gives a ****. I look at lores as an excuse to add a champion into league of legends. So far so good. 100% accuracy