Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Anyone else dislike Fiora's lore?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jayeto

02-23-2012

Quote:
Dispenser:
Wukong didn't get his ass handed to him by Yi. Get your lores right.

yes he did u noob >.>. wukong left the jungle for a real challenge since he was the strongest in the jungle he came across yi meditating outside a building and challenged yi to a duel. yi excepted the duel b/c he was amused by wukong. in less than 3 hits yi beat wukong (hence his ass getting beat >.> following?). after which wukong trained under the guidance of yi.

master also was the one to name wukong WUkong. his name in the jungle was just kong and yi also gave him the staff he uses as his weapon.

Warscythes

02-23-2012

Quote:
Xypherous:
XD. Got carried away - my bad.

I will say that Fiora's backstory - to me - resembles a certain prosecutor's sister...

Errrr

**** I just played through Ace Attorney too.

Franziska von Karma? But isn't she his daughter? I guess I am wrong then but I can't think of anything right now.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

02-23-2012

This is fairly rough - as I'm not directly working on Fiora and so only know the bits that I contributed and not how it actually turned out...

My rough idea was that Fiora was on a quest for excellence of her craft. She was inspired by her father to take up perfection and was drilled into that she had to be perfect.

Now that her father is proven as a cheat, Fiora's only anger/reaction is that it casts her in a poor light. She doesn't care that her father was a cheat - That only means he obviously failed - It has no relation to me, Fiora.

Fiora's personality would be one of ice - She doesn't care that her father failed. Only that it means people don't see her as perfect anymore.

Von Nicklesnout

02-23-2012

Quote:
Xypherous:
This is fairly rough - as I'm not directly working on Fiora and so only know the bits that I contributed and not how it actually turned out...

My rough idea was that Fiora was on a quest for excellence of her craft. She was inspired by her father to take up perfection and was drilled into that she had to be perfect.

Now that her father is proven as a cheat, Fiora's only anger/reaction is that it casts her in a poor light. She doesn't care that her father was a cheat - That only means he obviously failed - It has no relation to me.

Fiora's personality would be one of ice - She doesn't care that her father failed. Only that it means people don't see her as perfect anymore.

So basically you perceive her to have an inferiority complex much like The Last Airbender's Azula.

Ryugi Kazamaru

02-23-2012

Quote:
Xypherous:
That kind of implies that she's done with her journey - unfortunately, that's not the character we tried to portray. The character you're thinking of is a potential Riven *after* she's found her answers - not the current one in game who is still lost and confused.

The Riven in-game, was a Riven on the path, which, I agree with - is very hard to get aligned to - because there's not enough to tell you which path ultimately she'll end up down.

Xyph, I gotta say I love you for this exact mentality about character design. I'm drawn to Riven specifically because she's made out to be this person who has committed terrible crimes in the name of an idea, and "died" as she was reborn and emerged from those horrors as a new person with a new goal in life.

Her struggle from a character design standpoint is absolutely amazing, and that, above her playstyle, is one of the reasons I love her so much. Also, thank you for that little insight into her sword's "growth." I'll certainly have to use that for my own writings.

But, yes. Riven is an amazingly put-together champion from the "character" standpoint, and the utility of her kit. So, thank you for bringing her into the game. I wouldn't enjoy it nearly the same without her. If I ever get hired by Riot, I hope I can create things as awesome as yourself.

On the topic of Fiora's story. I don't mind it at all. It may not be as "deep" as Riven's, but still, you have another young woman committed to this idea that her father was amazing, and did everything she could to be as good as he was, and surpass him. However, that image was shattered, and now, she has to fight her own battle to show the world just how amazing she really is, and that she is NOT her father's daughter.

I think it is only as "shallow" as one makes it to be.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

02-23-2012

Quote:

So basically you perceive her to have an inferiority complex much like The Last Airbender's Azula.
I don't see her as having an inferiority complex - or at least, not one that makes her weak in any way shape or form.

Although, I can see what you mean by Azula there.

Her personality reflects her fighting style - completely focused and to the point - She pretty much only cared about that one thing.

GypsyhookMusic

02-23-2012

Xypherous, the problem is that all the lores are ending the same lately...

"so ___ has set out to the league of legends where they can get revenge / redeem themselves / get recognition."

Besides the fact that they aren't crafting together like they used to. A Demacian champ can't just come out of no where after being that recognized by the entire city. Where's the journals of justice or just anything that tells of her or her father? Maybe a previous character with an experience with her or her dad?

Kizuna

02-23-2012

Aha. I knew it was more about herself than it was about her father or her family reputation, and more about about how that affected her personal reputation. :3

Jayeto

02-23-2012

Quote:
RustyCow:
It wasn't even vague...
Kong wanted to learn the ways of humans so he could be a champion in the League, so Yi taught him Wuju. No one kicked anyone's ass. Does Fiora's lore even mention Yi...?

lore was changed but yi and kong did fight hence why kong wanted to learn from him. this would be the second champion they changed the lore a bit i dont know why though. theres another champion where the lore has been redone for some reason aswell.

TalonSoOP

02-23-2012

JoJ is on hold.