Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Anyone else dislike Fiora's lore?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Super Explosion

Senior Member

02-23-2012

Quote:
Xypherous:
I remember the art teaser, what I had wanted to do was show the old full rune blade with the runes on them conveying some sort of Noxian principle - Like 'Might makes Right' or some cliche.

And then in the last frame, when in the heat of battle, she has the will/focus to use the full sword again, it looks very similar to the old full rune blade, but the runes being completely different and spelling out a very different message.

Yeah, I agree - Our tooltips generally are small and compressed and can't fit that many lore details. :/

(I also fully admit - I suck at writing tooltips.)

Especially on more complicated spells - As it stands, if I were to revisit the character, I would actually push for different tinting on her spells when her ultimate is up - like incorporate blues and yellows with the old greens when her ultimate is up - but yeah.


When playing a character, the voice acting and skill effects definitely have an influence on the enjoyment of that character.

Much moreso than the tooltips, which are very rarely read for things beyond the mechanical effects.

Nautilus does very well in this regard on his sound effects. The depth charge clang, the clawing E yell, the wave splashes.

Riven voice though is a little too mousey for the character personality; combine this standard Urgot green everywhere, and somewhat unclear lore, and the character becomes pretty difficult to get in to.

She needs to look and sound like a self-made woman.

Someone who went off into desert exile, and came out rougher, and customized-- those blues and yellows should be in her normal abilities. Not just her ult.

Her story needs to say that she got something from her exile.

That her will is hardened, and seeps through into her abilities and sharp new sword.

And her voice should be full of purpose, with only hints of regret for time wasted in service to a false ideal.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

02-23-2012

Quote:

There was a pretty large group of people asking for Redeemed Riven to be recolored blue when someone released a blue version of the splash art. Now would be your chance to actually make her blue.
I don't see Riven as ultimately belonging to Demacia, in the end. They're kind of on the opposite spectrum of her - where everything is part and parcelled.

In my totally non-canon version of things, Riven needs to ideally end up in Ionia to figure out her conflict. Ionia accepts that the light and the dark exist and can co-exist - I think she would find peace there - Unfortunately, it's also the very place she ravaged and fought against - so there's a bit of a tension there.

Quote:

Riven voice though is a little too mousey for the character personality; combine this standard Urgot green everywhere, and somewhat unclear lore, and the character becomes pretty difficult to get in to.

She needs to look and sound like a self-made woman.

Someone who went off into desert exile, and came out rougher, and customized-- those blues and yellows should be in her normal abilities. Not just her ult.

Her story needs to say that she got something from her exile.

That her will is hardened, and seeps through into her abilities and sharp new sword.

And her voice should be full of purpose, with only hints of regret for time wasted in service to a false ideal.


That kind of implies that she's done with her journey - unfortunately, that's not the character we tried to portray. The character you're thinking of is a potential Riven *after* she's found her answers - not the current one in game who is still lost and confused.

The Riven in-game, was a Riven on the path, which, I agree with - is very hard to get aligned to - because there's not enough to tell you which path ultimately she'll end up down.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lelouch Ryuzaki

Senior Member

02-23-2012

Quote:
Xypherous:
I don't see Riven as ultimately belonging to Demacia, in the end. They're kind of on the opposite spectrum of her - where everything is part and parcelled.

In my totally non-canon version of things, Riven needs to ideally end up in Ionia to figure out her conflict. Ionia accepts that the light and the dark exist and can co-exist - I think she would find peace there - Unfortunately, it's also the very place she ravaged and fought against - so there's a bit of a tension there.


I don't want to talk about Riven in a Fiora thread i want to know more about Fiora


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sam

Senior Member

02-23-2012

Fiora = Yunero Ulti from Dota


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Glorious Bird

Senior Member

02-23-2012

"I got beat by the champion with the most derp kit in the game. Time to prove myself!"

Shoulda just remade Yi with Fiora's kit. His is ****ing ****ty and has no synergy beyond E+R attack move.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fredgerd

Senior Member

02-23-2012

Lore has been **** for months. They posted a while ago saying they want to make better lore stuff but they need to hire new folks and figure out a better way to deliver it or something.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Von Nicklesnout

Senior Member

02-23-2012

Here's my inevitably abrasive and irrelevant two cents on the lore:

Fiora's father turns out to be a corrupt, albeit cliche aristocrat who cheats and blackmails his opponents, etc after being some kind of highly thought of family. She seeks to reclaim her family's honor in the name of DEMACIA, not her House.

How freaking cliched and droll that was when especially compared to some of the older lore like Malzahar and Vladimir. But then again i'm biased towards anything that references Cthulhu Mythos, with Icathia being R'lyeh/Rulay, etc.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

02-23-2012

Quote:

I don't want to talk about Riven in a Fiora thread i want to know more about Fiora
XD. Got carried away - my bad.

I will say that Fiora's backstory - to me - resembles a certain prosecutor's sister...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kizuna

Senior Member

02-23-2012

Quote:
Xypherous:
XD. Got carried away - my bad.

I will say that Fiora's backstory - to me - resembles a certain prosecutor's sister...


Did you mean daughter?

I smell Von Karma.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Charles Barklius

Senior Member

02-23-2012

Quote:
Xypherous:
XD. Got carried away - my bad.

I will say that Fiora's backstory - to me - resembles a certain prosecutor's sister...


No please, do go on. I like Riven even more now