Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Anyone else dislike Fiora's lore?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raiks

02-23-2012

Personally, I find it boring and over-done.
Wukong is almost the exact same, "Yi kicked my ass, now I'm proving myself," isn't much different from "Society kicked my honor, now I'm proving myself."

EDIT: Alright, this thread is obviously getting way more in depth than I originally intended, what with Xypherous and all.

Some have asked what I would do instead, why I didn't give my own opinion on what Fiora's lore should be like and whatnot and, while these would be great arguments in a strategy thread, lore is something way more fluid than numbers. I can't really say, "Well, I would rather her just turn into a big sobbing baby," because that would change who the character was as a whole, and that's not something I'm entitled to do as a player, that's the design's job.

After reading more about Fiora from Xypherous, I've learned more about her character, and I will say that I like her way better than I like her lore. An icey-cool woman who knows she's the best, and will prove to anyone in a heartbeat why, is something that I can get behind. Sadly, I feel like this is not shown in her lore excerpt at all.

I understand that the lore department is in a rough spot, trying to determine how to represent the story of Runeterra in an accurate and engaging way. I just wish to show my dislike of how the current "Here's on paragraph about them, have fun with that." It doesn't show enough of the character to us unless it's a very basic idea, (e.g. Shaco is CRAAAAZY and stabs people.) and this is proven through Riven, which most of this thread has focused on for a while.

EDIT2: Here's a link to a screen of Fiora's lore: http://screensnapr.com/v/B8Bdza.png
(Found on reddit)

MormonChinMormon

02-23-2012

i stopped reading the lore after sona... just read sona's lore... it's... just...

Wolf McWolf

02-23-2012

Wukong was actually glad that Yi kicked his ass, though.

KoldWar

02-23-2012

Where did you find this? I'd like to read it too.

Also, I believe that the Lore division of Riot is down to 2 members, but I'm not sure.

Komeiji Satorin

02-23-2012

Wukong didn't get his ass handed to him by Yi. Get your lores right.

Rashidas

Recruiter

02-23-2012

Except no one kicked Fiora's ass, and she is fighting to bring honor back to her family's name after it was tarnished by her father.

Raiks

02-23-2012

The Lore was on the PBE, found a screen on reddit.
http://screensnapr.com/v/B8Bdza.png

GraxtheDestroyer

02-23-2012

Yes link this lore so I may also have an irrelevant opinion about it.

Totopkaaun

02-23-2012

LoL has a story?

But yeah, she seems like a completely dislike-able person that's said to be some epic hero.

BACKSTABUUU

Recruiter

02-23-2012

Lore really isn't at all what it used to be.