"Piggyback" Champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

montobi

04-26-2010

I think nidalee is pretty good at this. Mana manipulator to start, and heal. Her traps keep the bushes clear and the spear keeps people from poking their heads out of the creep wave.

SaulOrNothing

04-26-2010

janna... She is so good right. Probably the best babysitter in the game atm.

gryffinp

04-26-2010

This is just a bit of personal experience, but my friend and I have had some wonderful times laning together as Zilean and Poppy. Any early-mid game overextension is met with a quick change and nuke, often followed by a time-bomb snipe for a kill. Furthermore, both Poppy and Zilean have speed boosts which allow them to keep pace with each other, and when Poppy is hasted, hits Paragon of Demacia, and uses ghost, she can just rip through the distance.

The best part is that that transfers well to the late game, where the increased mobility is key for creating and avoiding ganks. The combination of Zilean and Poppy also makes for a wonderful harassment tool, as Poppy can run in swinging while Zil supports with time bombs and hastes for a clean getaway. And I can say from personal experience that there are few things better than combining everything together; That is, using Paragon, Ghost, and Haste to Charge into a team at lighting speeds and mess things up until they bring you down, only for you to pop right back up again thanks to Zilean's Chronoshift, charge someone else, and start the whole mess again until they kill you for real.

And then Guardian Angel picks you back up and you hit Diplomatic Immunity on the caster who has finally allowed himself to think that he's safe.

Good times.

tl;dr: Poppy+Zilean=Delightful synergy.

SilvrChaos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryffinp View Post
tl;dr: Poppy+Zilean=Delightful synergy.
As the friend in question, I can verify the validity of this statement. It is very much good times. Just *****slap anyone who thinks they can harass you. What's that? A gank? NO YOOOOOOU.

ANDRETHEGOD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHINO Mk II View Post
Nasus is best lategame, silly.
Yes, at late game he kills all minions during the Spirit Fire, but at early game the attack just cuts the minions hp by half, helping on farming...your ally champion

next time be sure to read it all

Zhonya

04-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djynn View Post
Alistar can "piggyback" such a champion easily.
I concur. Alistar is THE piggyback champion.

Gorelord13

04-27-2010

I personally think singed is a good piggyback champ, he has his toss wich can net you a kill, his poison leaves little hp left on the minions so you can last him them, and his good makes it hard for enemies to run away from you, so all in all, singed is good, high stats and hp AND mana, has some utilities that make him a tank and a support, and great to grab fleeing enemies.

etoh69

04-27-2010

Anyone who jungles. You will outlevel your oppenents you will get a good deal of minion kills. You will fall behind on actual pushing but if you are especially someone like Poppy you should be able to at least keep the champs back from your turret and be able to tank the onions instead of them damaging your turret. Occasionally the jungle helps to gank someone and that is all gravy.

Fourth22

04-27-2010

Yeah, nasus is one of the champs that needs to be babied. Well he can hold his own solo but won't be a huge impact until later. He is very squishy before items.

The Space Cowboy

04-27-2010

Poppy's early game is awesome