"Piggyback" Champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Merovinge

04-25-2010

Definitely janna, as she can net kills for most carries as well. Her shield is just brutal early game, and her Q is a great 1 point wonder. Zilean would probably be number two on my list, just for his early domination with bombs.

GamBino826

04-26-2010

Janna is definitely the best babysitter by far, I'm surprised not a lot of people mentioned this in the beginning.

That shield is just amazing and her Q can often net kills.

zebano

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2010

Any good harasser will do, but Janna and Zilean are my favorites.

Eppa

04-26-2010

Janna, Soraka, Taric, Alistar, Zilean, Nidalee (if she doesn't steal all the creep.)

OctopusDropkick

04-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriptini View Post
Hey, you know those champions with absolutely horrible early game but amazing mid or end game, like Veigar and Poppy? Well, I was just wondering which champions to choose for them as a lane partner that can give them a "piggyback ride" through early game.

So far I've got:

Blitzcrank (Rocket Grab makes early game easy)
Zilean (Time Bomb harassment means you can farm easily)
Mordekaiser (Amazing ability to push and take hits can help if your lane falls behind)

Anyone else know good champions for this purpose?
Janna or Soraka are good choices. Taric as well. Alister too. Basically anyone that can heal the character + give them more mana to make sure their early game involves a lot of last hitting and minimal harass.

Morde is a bad choice due to his ability to farm. It's like trying to stuff a carry with Sivir. Both are naturally going to be eating a ton of creeps and starving the other member for last hits.

Zabedisi

04-26-2010

shen could act as a baby sitter early game since he tends to be more durable than most heroes early. Plus his taunt allows him to divert attention and after lvl 6 he becomes a global get-out-of-jail free card.

ANDRETHEGOD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebattler View Post
Also, AOE and Nuke are two opposite terms.

AoE = Area of Effect

Nuke = RPG slang for an ability that does a ton of damage to one character. As my friend once put it "This is a nuke: I choose you, you die."

And even then, I don't see how a Champ with a good AoE or a good Nuke necessarily is a good babysitter. Though, someone with a nuke would make a better babysitter than one without because then they have a harassment tool.

Nasus is also not a good babysitter. He doesn't have anything to harass with. Spirit Fire doesn't do enough damage to a mobile champion be considered good harassment. He eats up a lane by himself with Spirit Fire, anyway, and needs to farm a bit to make his Siphon Strike stronger.
ehm, I know the sigles, I just suck at english soz

anyway, he asked for champions who help on farming.. Nasus has Spirit Fire once leveled up it kills all minions I know, but at lower levels it just reduces their health, making it easier to farm

da 2nd amendment

04-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatsumon View Post
Janna is pretty much the goddess of the "babysitters club," so to speak.
This.

BobiusMaximus

Recruiter

04-26-2010

Kayle. Harasses well, slows, heals, can make you invuln if you get jumped.

RHINO Mk II

04-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDRETHEGOD View Post
Maybe Nasus? I think any champion with a goo AOE nuke may help
Nasus is best lategame, silly.