[MouseOver] How to beat a Yorick in lane solo top

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

undercover sbz

07-20-2011

[BIG EDIT]

I made this thread yesterday before I had the chance to test it. It was just theory but it was getting downvoted very badly. So I tested it later.

I've played Yorick many times and I know his strengths. I can easily beat Irelia in a solo top lane. My runes are 9/21/0 and HP quints/mana regen seals/armorpen seals/mres/lvl glyphs. I begin with a sapphire crystal and 2x HP pot.

My brother is a decent player, he took Garen which he almost never plays, with a 21/9/0 set and full armpen + mana regen seals and something glyphs (those are pantheon/carry runes). He began with 31 Armor Penetration, and either Doran's Shield or Blade.

I start with omen of famine and harass him whenever I can, but he's being beefy as he is and just storms through with Q and hits me in the face for over 100 damage. He manages to do this 2x eventhough I'm trying to harass him, his health is at 70% from creepfire and my ghoul, mine is 50% from 3 decisive strikes.

He hit level 2 slightly faster and immediatly Q'd me, went judgement on my face and ignited for the kill. I am still lvl 1.

The test was pretty much over from here. He just kept leveling Judgement and Yorick was completely helpless, just as I previously stated. Do you really need a replay here?

If you still don't believe and are downvoting, please explain why you think this is not a legit advice for beating Yorick in a lane, because it's a hard counter on the level of Karthus vs. Kassadin.

Original post:

Quote:
With an Armor Penetration Garen.

That's it, really, thank you for your time, you didn't need to click on this thread.

Sit in a bush, Q in the face, begin spinning, laugh at little pathetic ghoul master getting sliced.

undercover sbz

07-20-2011

Hey, sup with the downvote? I know it's not very constructive, but that's all it takes, and it's been proven in several ranked games here in EU already. Yorick has got nothing on Garen because he's getting sliced to hell without any spells to save his sorry arse as soon as Garen lands one Q. If you pardon the pun, I Garen-tee it.

herpderpsmurf21

07-20-2011

hey I'm yorick, i can cast my W on the bush, then E you while revealed. Stay in that bush all you want and lose xp because i can still hit you without going in

undercover sbz

07-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by herpderpsmurf21 View Post
hey I'm yorick, i can cast my W on the bush, then E you while revealed. Stay in that bush all you want and lose xp because i can still hit you without going in
Hello Yorick, you can't keep a tanky dps away from you for the whole laning phase, say what you want. A Garen will outdamage a Yorick at lvl4 and it's been freaking proven. Obviously downvotes because "Yorick OP in lane" and "Garen lolchamp", but next time you have to lane against a Yorick, take Garen and see for yourself. Armor penetration runes, rush Brutalizer, then build tanky dps with an Atmogs and he's more useful than Yorick lategame, since by then the only thing going for Yorick will be his ultimate.

JesterLion

07-20-2011

Um i literally just solo'd top with yorick against a garen and a karth. And i killed karth twice in lane phase. Spin to win only works if your stupid enough to go face check bush when you obviously see the hedge trimmer garen on the other team during loading.

JesterLion

07-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercover sbz View Post
Hello Yorick, you can't keep a tanky dps away from you for the whole laning phase, say what you want. A Garen will outdamage a Yorick at lvl4 and it's been freaking proven. Obviously downvotes because "Yorick OP in lane" and "Garen lolchamp", but next time you have to lane against a Yorick, take Garen and see for yourself. Armor penetration runes, rush Brutalizer, then build tanky dps with an Atmogs and he's more useful than Yorick lategame, since by then the only thing going for Yorick will be his ultimate.
If the yorick is good he also builds Atmogs. And a good Yorick is worth more than just his Ult in a team fight. You've been playing against bad Yoricks mate.

herpderpsmurf21

07-20-2011

Quote:
I'm related to pre nerf vlad, and I'll outlane you by outlasting you. Recall whenever, I"m never recalling because I'm not ******ed enough to check said bush

undercover sbz

07-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesterLion View Post
Um i literally just solo'd top with yorick against a garen and a karth. And i got killed karth twice in lane phase. Spin to win only works if your stupid enough to go face check bush when you obviously see the hedge trimmer garen on the other team during loading.
We're talking competent Garen here. A 1v1 lane. Run MS quints, armor pen reds, armor yellows, whatever blues. 9/21/0 masteries. Begin with boots and 3 pots. That's not something Yorick can go about because he's first of all, a physical caster, and secondly, pretty **** squishy. You don't even need to wait for him to facecheck a bush, just get in his face with your Q.

undercover sbz

07-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by herpderpsmurf21 View Post
I'm related to pre nerf vlad, and I'll outlane you by outlasting you. Recall whenever, I"m never recalling because I'm not ******ed enough to check said bush
You don't outlast a Garen especially when he's outdamaging you. Why do you assume it only works if Yorick is facechecking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesterLion View Post
If the yorick is good he also builds Atmogs. And a good Yorick is worth more than just his Ult in a team fight. You've been playing against bad Yoricks mate.
He won't get to building an Atmogs because it's insanely expensive to get when you're being steamrolled in lane. Again. I'm talking about a competent Garen vs. a competent Yorick. Garen's skillset is made to tear up guys like Yorick.

herpderpsmurf21

07-20-2011

Quote:
We're talking competent Garen here. A 1v1 lane. Run MS quints, armor pen reds, armor yellows, whatever blues. 9/21/0 masteries. Begin with boots and 3 pots. That's not something Yorick can go about because he's first of all, a physical caster, and secondly, pretty **** squishy. You don't even need to wait for him to facecheck a bush, just get in his face with your Q.
lane switch

and yorick has a slow, a speed buff, and self sustain. it's not gonna happen against anyone smart.