Master Yi items

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AtomicDoom

04-25-2010

Tell me what you think of this item build, with it I make about 15-6-6 with Yi or better:

1. At start, vamp scepter
2. Upgrade it to bloodthirster with B.F. sword
3. Berserker's Greaves
4. Zeal > Phantom Dancer later on
5. Infinity Edge
6. Frozen Mallet ( almost never get it since we win by that time already)

I have teleport and exhaust spell, and always spam ulti and change passive damage spell to active and exhaust and then alpha strike if I'm slower.

Any tips on strating items, spells, strategies, runes?

Sad Faced Panda

04-25-2010

Infinity Edge before Blood Thirster.

Always always always.

RHINO Mk II

04-25-2010

I stomped some noobs with:
basic boots
IE
vampiric
phantom
starks
bloodthirster

Supreme1337

04-25-2010

I think one of the best item combos on Yi is Infinity Edge+Phantom Dancer. The rest of the items should be changed according to your opponents.

Leirkov

04-25-2010

Personally, I start with a Vampiric Scepter, get Berserker Greaves, and then upgrade the scepter to Malady. the attack speed boost is so hot. The extra damage (and life steal) from it is an extra bonus.

From there, Infinity Edge+Phantom Dancer are your priorities. Everything else is situational.

Yellow Jester

04-25-2010

Starks >>>>> Malady, more lifesteal, reduces enemy armor, and about the same attack speed. Did i mention the freakin' aura?

Blackabyss

04-25-2010

Malady, IE, Banshee's is effective for me usually.

Yi needs some survivability tho.

Schizek

04-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicDoom View Post
Tell me what you think of this item build, with it I make about 15-6-6 with Yi or better:

1. At start, vamp scepter
2. Upgrade it to bloodthirster with B.F. sword
3. Berserker's Greaves
4. Zeal > Phantom Dancer later on
5. Infinity Edge
6. Frozen Mallet ( almost never get it since we win by that time already)

I have teleport and exhaust spell, and always spam ulti and change passive damage spell to active and exhaust and then alpha strike if I'm slower.

Any tips on strating items, spells, strategies, runes?
Wrong. Vamp Scepter witch low dmg is not any use, you just waste your money and make your lane weak.

In Master Yi beside great DPS the most important thing is Move Speed you must be always faster that your enemy. First item for Yi is Boot+3xHeal Potion it give you chance even on hard lane to farm and kill heroes. You need get fast 6 lvl at this point you should have Berserk Boot+ Dagger/Zeal now it is time for real killing, first find enemy with low hp or easy to kill end start hate if you ever see him on the map go and kill then use potion and stay at lane gain some XP this is you early game.

Depend on enemy you can make Executioner's Calling and Sword of the Occult but only if you kill but not die, if you have some hard time dont buy Occult make second Zeal for Movement that give you survivality and better dps. At this point depending on enemy you can make Last Whisper against tanks or Wit's End against mages in meantime finish Phantom Dancer. This is your midd game

On Late game you need only one item =>Infinity Edge you should have Critical strike in 2 at 3 attacks that damage about 600 in attack speed 2.1 or more and move speed above 500 in your ulti. In 5v5 fight focus on mages and another dps kill tank in end.

To be succesful Master Yi you need good tank without you always suck,get some buddy skilled witch tank.

Summoner Spell :
Exhaust the best spell in list, it can be use offence or defence
Heal will rescue your ass after fighting close to enemy tower and sometime help your team in push or save some1 life.

Mysteries ofc all in attack or mayby one point for cd of y heal.
Runes Critical Damage or Atack damage or Crit Chance or mix of them

In new patch is one interesting item Youmuu's Ghostblade it mayby new core item for Yi and few other hero