Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Brotherhood of the Armored Bear

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blind Trooper

Recruiter

07-19-2011

ART CONTEST HERE: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1013464

Greetings, Summoners!

Back in 2010, an alliance was formed to show Riot support for Lee Sin, the Blind Monk. This overwhelming show of fandom caused Riot to actually put Lee Sin into the game and much rejoicing was to be had, especially from hohums. Now Volibar rallies people to bring forth Volibear, the Armored Bear to the League of Legends.

Sadly, despite the amazing concept of the Armored Bear, there will be roadblocks we must overcome. The chief of these is Zileas and with this in mind, I've created a group on facebook (http://www.facebook.com/groups/207491245968884) and will be making one soon on Google+. With an overwhelming show of support from this community, we can stop Zileas and bring forth the glory of Volibear, the Armored Bear

UPDATE: Facebook group has hit over 200 For those with Google+, I have yet to figure out how to make a group. If you know how, just shoot me a message on Facebook ^_^

And best of all, we have Riot support!

Quote:
Volibar:
My name is Volibar, and I support this thread and the Armored Bear movement.

Quote:
Tamat:
I too join this Brotherhood. For too long has Runeterra been without an Armored Bear.

UPDATE 2: Several creative members of the community drew up a Champion design and Lore for Volibear. Constructive comments would be amazing. Excellent work, guys

Quote:
SgtFunShinebear:
New skill update. Give me your opinions and thanks to everyone for they're support.

Hello everyone. On the Facebook group, I've been working on polishing the concept of Volibar with a great group of people listed below. Thanks to everyone whohelped, and a Rioters input on this idea would be greatly appreciated

SgtFunShinebear (Skill Concept designer)
TheMindSlayer (Skills fine tuning)
Kakouonkei (skill opinions and wrote the entire Lore
Viseroth (Skills input on his passive and R)
Brohaim (Skill opinions)
Blind Trooper (skill opinions)

SKILLS
(damage and ratios not included. I simply dont know how to balance it well)

Passive: Gains movement speed the more armor and magic resist he has. (formula: 1% movement speed increase for every 30 armor +Mr with a cap at 15% increase)

Q: A short targetable pounce with .2/.4/.6/.8/1 second stun and a 5%/10%/15%/20%/25% AoE slow lasting 1 second on all levels around the target with an 8~9 second cooldown.

W: Passive: Volibar gains 9/12/15/18/21 bonus armor.

Active: Volibar Doubles his armor passive for himself, as well as an AoE around him, buffing
allies attack speed by 4%/8%/12%/16%/20% for the next 5 seconds.

E: 90 degree angle swipe that does AoE damage and leave a trail behind all hit when they move for the next 10 seconds

R: Creates an aimable skill shot (think rumbles ultimate) that pushes all enemy units in that direction. if they are slamed into a wall, they take 50/125/200 damage, and are stunned for .33/.66/1 second.

LORE

The Arctos clan had long thought themselves safe in their homelands among the northernmost reaches of the ironspike mountains. Distanced as they were from the foul clutches of the noxian high command. Keeping their existance a hidden, prefering the life of seclusion, content to spend their days practicing the fighting skills they prided themselves on. Unfortunetly after years of secrecy and safty the romour of a tribe of powerful bear warriors eventually rached the ears of one of the many noxian informants. Soon after general Swain we dispached with a regement of elite soldiers. His orders were simplel, force the bears to join noxus, or destroy them.

Volibear was simply a fighter among many, and when the noxian forces showed up he was content to sit and wait as the elders and battle leaders debated how best to respond to the demands to submit to the rule of Noxus long through the night. The bears strict sense of honour made agreeing to the demands impossible and so at the first light of dawn they sent their most venerable elders to inform Swain of their decision. Upon hearing their refusal Swain immediatly struck down the delegation, the rest of the noxus forces launching their attack, the murder of the elders clearly the pre-aranged signal to do so. The bears were caught off gaurd, the noxian forces having compleately surrounded them under cover of darkness. Although each bear was more than a match for any ten noxian soldiers, numbers were not on their side, and none, not even their fable hero [needs a name, phillip pullman refereance?] could stand before swain. Volibear soon found himself cut off, desperatly trying to defend the clans cubs, but slowly blows were sneaking through his guard, the bloodloss sapping his strength, he could see his sworn brothers dying all around him, the sight of everythign he cared about being destroyed spured him on. He launched himself at his attackers with renewed fury, rage and sorrow blinding him. As he slaughtered the last of his attackers a sound cut through the fury. It was the yelp of a frightened child, he looked around just in time to see a noxian scout kill the last of the cubs. He realised in his rage he realised that the desire to kill have overcome his protective instincts, the shame he flet looking into the cubs eyes as the life drained from them was too much, he colapsed, as everything went dark he felt something cold and hard peirce his chest.

He awoke long after. He looked around and saw the ruins of his village and the memories of what had happened came rushing over him. Looking upon the bodies of all he held dear he vowed he would have vengance, and that never again would he allow that which was important be destroyed. He set of from the mountain, grim and determained. He knew where to find the one responsible, the League of Legends.

Thanks again for everyones help and input and if a Red sees this let us know what you think

Komori Kiri

07-20-2011

Fan of Pullman NEEDS this champ.

Blind Trooper

Recruiter

07-20-2011

Agreed. Pullman fans will love this ^_^

But it would also be absolutely amazing if he has a Russian accent :3

Specopcleric

07-20-2011

I... like this. Just the look and style of the champion. I'm not sure how the armor/MR system would work out, though. Not qualified to make such assessments :\

Blind Trooper

Recruiter

07-20-2011

To feel right, he'd have to be tanky DPS or straight tank, but either way, it would be fun to stomp around as a large, armored bear

Sykomyke

07-20-2011

Armored Bears unite!

Also....

In USA, you have the right to bear arms...

In Soviet Russia, you have the right to arm bears!

SMP Loops

07-20-2011

Armored bear with a minigun on his back. = Yes

Queen Toffee

Recruiter

07-20-2011

Blind Trooper

Recruiter

07-20-2011

Heart indeed. Love thy Armored Bear, for he is awesome <3

Aern

07-20-2011

Armored bear with dual axes, doesn't get much more badass.