Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Gameplay Preview - Wukong, the Monkey King

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Antimatter

07-21-2011

Anybody else notice the man's stash is out of balance? his right side seems a bit too shaved. oh new champ i didn't even notice? i thought it was garen in a monkey skin!

L3nggao

07-21-2011

Quote:
Antimatter:
Anybody else notice the man's stash is out of balance? his right side seems a bit too shaved. oh new champ i didn't even notice? i thought it was garen in a monkey skin!

ahem hater, dude i want you to draw me a picture like this too but better :]
than you can hate

Antimatter

07-21-2011

Quote:
L3nggao:
ahem hater, dude i want you to draw me a picture like this too but better :]
than you can hate

good point i'm thumbs upping you for that. but haters gonna hate =/

Kahn9

Recruiter

07-21-2011

hm, I think I've seen these moves before...
Poppy has a "crushing blow". Nasus has Siphoning Strike but instead of stealing health and buffing the ability this has an armor debuff.
Shaco and LeBlanc have "decoy" and while Leblanc can't control hers Shaco has the invisibility movement. And what happens at the end of Shaco's twin's life? He explodes doing AoE damage.
His Nimbus Strike? Ok that one is pretty unique.
Garen has "cyclone" but I suppose this one hurts more. It looks like a combination of Garen's judgement and Malphite's Unstoppable Force (being extended). Or even Judgement-ThreeTalonStrike!!! But without that annoying waiting 2 strikes before pop-up.
Have they run out of ideas?
Look through some of the forums and actually read some of the threads people create and see how many great ideas there are out there. Sure they'd need adaption but they're lots more original than most of these.
No I haven't forgotten his passive. I think this is the best part of an otherwise recycled champion. I can see lots of opportunities for countering being focused and possibly playing tanky dps.

L3nggao

07-21-2011

Quote:
Kahn9:
hm, I think I've seen these moves before...
Poppy has a "crushing blow". Nasus has Siphoning Strike but instead of stealing health and buffing the ability this has an armor debuff.
Shaco and LeBlanc have "decoy" and while Leblanc can't control hers Shaco has the invisibility movement. And what happens at the end of Shaco's twin's life? He explodes doing AoE damage.
His Nimbus Strike? Ok that one is pretty unique.
Garen has "cyclone" but I suppose this one hurts more. It looks like a combination of Garen's judgement and Malphite's Unstoppable Force (being extended). Or even Judgement-ThreeTalonStrike!!! But without that annoying waiting 2 strikes before pop-up.
Have they run out of ideas?
Look through some of the forums and actually read some of the threads people create and see how many great ideas there are out there. Sure they'd need adaption but they're lots more original than most of these.
No I haven't forgotten his passive. I think this is the best part of an otherwise recycled champion. I can see lots of opportunities for countering being focused and possibly playing tanky dps.

i dont mind the move set the only prob is the ultimate which should've been something more like : skill shot- monkey king's staff/pole increases in width and length and smack everything in front of him stunning them for 1-2 sec and snaring them or etc the knock up is nice butta he can still get cc right? making his uti hard to land unless... it removes debuffs too :]

Panthaz89

07-21-2011

I'm gonna pretend my enemies are bananas and nom on them

Danja

07-22-2011

Quote:
L3nggao:
i dont mind the move set the only prob is the ultimate which should've been something more like : skill shot- monkey king's staff/pole increases in width and length and smack everything in front of him stunning them for 1-2 sec and snaring them or etc the knock up is nice butta he can still get cc right? making his uti hard to land unless... it removes debuffs too :]

I was thinking the SAME thing. I mean, clearly, in the intro to the video, it shows him expanding his staff nearly 4x its original size. I dont see any use for his staff extending, albeit very little for his ult. I was actually thinking that that is what his ult would be! My idea would have been for him to take a huge swing to the left or right (chosen before casting) and the pole extends a fair ways, deals damage and pushes/slows all enemy champs that get hit and stunning them if crashes into terrain. Kind of make it so that, if people are trying to run away, you can ulti them back into the crowd that is your team, or to push someone out.

Arkhaios Daimon

07-22-2011

I shall surrender my RP to this champ with honour!

Taito

07-22-2011

Wow now that you've destroyed kat with this heros release why not tend to the issue you will have with heros that channel their ults?

VIBES1967

07-22-2011

Does he use Mana or Energy can you plz inform me fast thnanx.