Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Thank you Phreak!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ArkthePieKing

Recruiter

04-24-2010

The Anivia spotlight actually helped quite a bit. I decided to try her out in a practice game, and went 10/0/27. That was fun, but, of course, that's just a practice game. So I started up a solo queue game, and, well, the picture says the rest.

No, I'm not the best, I'm not bragging, but I am pretty pleased with my performance considering how difficult she's considered to use, and it was my first live game with her. All in all I think I'm gonna start playing her more often. =P

Edit: Wrong board, but after thinking on it, the guide and strategy board still fits.

Rugi

04-24-2010

So you got better by watching Phreak steamroll low ELO players? o.O

ArkthePieKing

Recruiter

04-24-2010

Quote:
Rugi:

Yeah, I did. Quite a bit actually. There's a lot of zoning and tips on how to target the ice ball, along with good uses for the wall, and better ways to combo with her.

....It also helped that there was a fiddlesticks on my team. I like being able to ensure no one escapes his wrath, they focus him, he dies, I clean up his mess. Ahh. Fun.

Carados

04-24-2010

To be fair, his build is terrible.

Rugi

04-24-2010

Quote:
ArkthePieKing:
....It also helped that there was a fiddlesticks on my team.

Ah. Makes much more sense now.

IamDuddits

04-24-2010

Quote:
Rugi:

Well yea, he was playing low elo players so it would make sense that watching Phreak would help him own.

ArkthePieKing

Recruiter

04-24-2010

Quote:
Carados:
To be fair, his build is terrible.

Really? What was wrong with it?

Carados

04-24-2010

Quote:
ArkthePieKing:
Really? What was wrong with it?

Generally, he gets wall way too late. It's one of the most versatile spells in the game.

My favorite is checking for golem, but you can also force people out of brush, check golem/baron/dragon easily, etc, etc. It's a free ward.

One level in wall early is better then the second point in his Q.

Selenitis

04-24-2010

Quote:
IamDuddits:
Well yea, he was playing low elo players so it would make sense that watching Phreak would help him own.

If you realize, Phreak's videos are actually targeted towards that audience. Players who are higher up on the ELO ladder probably already know where to get builds from, what skills they can use in which situations, etc...

I don't really understand why people are QQing so much about the Champion Spotlight videos.

badpun

04-24-2010

How the hell did u get 27 assists in a practice game?!