Sheen on Pantheon.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raoool

09-30-2011

I've been playing Pantheon lately after his recent buffs and I've been baffled by his mana issues. Tear > Manamune seems to give me more mana than I really need without providing as much damage and as I need. So recently I have been setting up my mid game core as mercury treads, sheen, brutalizer, and glacial shroud. While this has proven very effective in normals, every time I build this setup in a ranked game, my team usually always *****es at me for building a sheen. Can someone explain to me why sheen is such a bad item on Pantheon? Personally I like the stun > increased auto attack > HSS > spear > increased auto attack combo but people have been nothing but negative when it comes to my sheen. Is this really that bad of an idea?

xavarn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2011

Because honestly, sheen is not worth it for someone like pantheon. It would be better for you to simply increase your AD and HP so your combo does a good amount of damage before you proceed to die in a team fight.

Spear----> Stun----> HSS ---- Spear should take out any ranged carry in a team fight.

Cenerae

09-30-2011

Getting a BF sword increases the burst you can do far more than a Sheen could ever do.

While yes, Panth can run OOM fast, you can moderate this by not spamming your stun or HSS until necessary.

Madfriar

09-30-2011

Pantheon does not have mana problems except in extended fights, you just dont know how to use his abilities effectively. No pantheon players get any mana regen or max mana items.

Symmon

09-30-2011

Because Pantheon spear does not proc on hit effects as does GP parlay. This means that in order to get something out of spear, you have to get in and autoattack, not always viable especially in lane.

You can on the other hand harass with flat damage, making the brutalizer a great pickup.

Glacial shroud also isnt bad for more mana and CDR with some tankyness vs a strong ad laner / team.

The thing is though, getting a Thirster / ghostblade / last whisper / scimitar . other flat AD gives panth great scaling on his abilities, so you should either be building that sheen into triforce and going tank, OR just build damage / lifesteal and instagib people, you seem to be trying to walk somewhere in between which doesnt give you a real role in teamfights.

Raoool

09-30-2011

Alright, so sheen isn't the best pickup on Pantheon. But what about glacial shroud? Should I scratch that from my item build as well? I like the CDR and armor it gives me but if I'm not supposed to get any mana items on Pantheon, what would be a better alternative for CDR?

Redenbacher

09-30-2011

Brutalizer + Ghostblade - AD, Armor Penetration, movespeed/AS active, and a chunk of CDR.

Frozen Heart is situational when you're trying to counter a high AS, AD auto-attacker... other than that, stick to items that give you AD. That doesn't mean go glass cannon... I just mean if you're seeking out CDR, there are two great AD items for that.

Cenerae

09-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by themarsHOVA View Post
Alright, so sheen isn't the best pickup on Pantheon. But what about glacial shroud? Should I scratch that from my item build as well? I like the CDR and armor it gives me but if I'm not supposed to get any mana items on Pantheon, what would be a better alternative for CDR?
It's not that you shouldn't get mana items, it's just that you don't really need them.

Frozen heart is a nice item to get later if physical dps is being your bane. But getting a glacial shroud early won't do anything much for you.

corncobpipe

09-30-2011

i had mana problems when i first started with panth, but honestly if you just conserve your mana and get some mana regen yellows you shouldn't have any problems. i ussually just go brutalizer, lastwhisper and then atmogs. the mana items will let you spam your abilities, but its not necesarry. with ArP the burst from your full combo after the bruta should be able to take anyone out form half health. just throw a spear now and again, and when there low spear, stun HSS ignigte spear (with an AA between the abilities) you shouldn't have any problem getting fed. he obviously still a mana *****. but recall right after lvl 6, ulti in on an overextending enemy (i love a pushing annie) kill np

Tl;dr - conserve your mana