Nerf jax

12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wretch

04-24-2010

I am sick and tired of seeing a jax in every 3v3. You can be a complete moron and play jax well as long as you stack dodge. Just goofing around with jax, you can easily hit 48 dodge and stack pretty much any item as long as its + attack speed, and dominate. Just to goof off, get a tabi, rageblade, and 2x malady then laff as you still dominate due to rediculous dodge %.

The easy jax nerf would be to simply reduce the overall effect that dodge has. When comparing any carry to jax, like TF, Yi, Kat, twitch, only 1 of them is absurd with dodge and only one of them has tank like health. If Jax is to have a dodge based defense then he shouldnt have tank like health. If any champ should excel and benefit from dodge, it should be a re-worked kat, then leave Jax with the bonus health.

Just having a jax on your team pretty much negates a carry on the other team, due to jax being superior in almost every way, to every other carry in the game. A jax with a cleanse is going to roll just about every team, unless they also have a jax.

People point out that mages with CC are the counter to jax, Its very easy to point out how verstatile jax is. A jax vs a heavy AP mage team will simply stack some MR. Merc treds combined with cleanse will negate any mages ability to nuke jax. Earlier I used ryze to try and counter a jax, with 500 AP, I snared him and ignited while a teammate exhausted him, in 1 cleanse all that vanished in a blink, he lept, stunned, dead in 3 more seconds. Now the same jax versus a heavily attack damage based team, specs for dodge then rolls the other team...

Cleanse with merc treds is simply to dominating a counter versus mages. Sword of the divine is an underwhelming counter that is focused on countering only Jax, and its a very marginal counter due to other melee champs or minions procing counter anyway.

I suggest reworking counter attack and giving it to kat, then giving jax a new ability. Kat is far more squishy and would benefit from dodge where as jax simply doesnt need the huge amount of dodge. Jax is not supposed to take on the role of tank and with such a huge dodge percentage and health, he does a tanks role just fine...

Hand of Might

04-24-2010

Sword of the Divine

Journeyboy

04-24-2010

Um then don't have an all mage team or all dps team. Thats the reason for different roles. Of course your going to get rolled 0/10 if you have all mages or all dps. Jax is a LOW tier character among high ELO players. In contrast, most jax player realize that pub players are selfish and dull when it comes to orgainizing and thats when jax shines. In addition no character is LoL is unbeatable. It just takes planing and skill to counter them.

In conclusion please stop asking riot and rallying the community to nerf champions. If and when your wish comes true there will be another character to fill the "OP" void and you will cry for that character to be nerfed. Getting characters to be nerfed will not make you better or happier. It will just make it so you are crushed by another champion.

Wretch

04-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand of Might View Post
Sword of the Divine
As I said in the post, sword of the Divine is a counter specifically targeted at Jax, making it a poor choice. Where as merc treds and healing reduc items counter many a foe.

The counter to Jax is supposed to be mages it seems, altho jax is actually the counter to carries and mages in my opinion. With a modicum of lifesteal, attack speed, and dodge, jax becomes a counter to everything.

A champ should focus on specific things it does well. YI moves fast, chases well, and is very disable immune. Katarina seems to lack any form of defense besides a modicum of dodge and the ability to teleport to an ally. Jax has an immense amount of dodge, an immense amount of health, can leap away to an ally just like kat, and has far more dps than kat, and does not suffer from kats ultimates ability to be totally negated by a single stun.

Lets use some common sense here. Personally I would like to see every carry in the game be effective in their own way and not simply one melee carry dominating. Give Kat, Jax's dodge so she can be useful and Jax isnt so **** overwhelming.

Wretch

04-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyboy View Post
Um then don't have an all mage team or all dps team. Thats the reason for different roles. Of course your going to get rolled 0/10 if you have all mages or all dps. Jax is a LOW tier character among high tier players. In contrast, most jax player realize that pub players are selfish and dull when it comes to orgainizing and thats when jax shines. In addition no character is LoL is unbeatable. It just takes planing and skill to counter them.

In conclusion please stop asking riot and rallying the community to nerf champions. If and when your wish comes true there will be another character to fill the "OP" void and you will cry for that character to be nerfed. Getting characters to be nerfed will not make you better or happier. It will just make it so you are crushed by another champion.
So lets have a 3v3 consisting of a tank, a dps, and a mage. Jax has cleanse. Mage stuns him and a teamate drops exhaust and ignite on him, cleansed, lept, dead. Lets compare how much focus fire it takes to drop that jax compared to every other dps in the game and then lets compare how much dps jax can throw out compared to every other dps in the game.

Point being, if you could choose a jax on your team or any other carry in the game, who would you choose and why. Would it be jax every time? Is there a reason to choose YI, Kat, Twitch, TF, Teemo over Jax?

Journeyboy

04-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretch View Post
As I said in the post, sword of the Divine is a counter specifically targeted at Jax, making it a poor choice. Where as merc treds and healing reduc items counter many a foe.

The counter to Jax is supposed to be mages it seems, altho jax is actually the counter to carries and mages in my opinion. With a modicum of lifesteal, attack speed, and dodge, jax becomes a counter to everything.

A champ should focus on specific things it does well. YI moves fast, chases well, and is very disable immune. Katarina seems to lack any form of defense besides a modicum of dodge and the ability to teleport to an ally. Jax has an immense amount of dodge, an immense amount of health, can leap away to an ally just like kat, and has far more dps than kat, and does not suffer from kats ultimates ability to be totally negated by a single stun.

Lets use some common sense here. Personally I would like to see every carry in the game be effective in their own way and not simply one melee carry dominating. Give Kat, Jax's dodge so she can be useful and Jax isnt so **** overwhelming.
The counter to Jax is CC. Of course jax can get cleanse and Banshee's veil but that means he is wasting money and buying items off spec. Then you might say well now with those items even though they are off spec he is now able to wreck. I say no, a team should brig lots and lots....... and lots of CC. Thats what wins games (aside from teamwork, pushing and killing the nexus). One mini CC like ashe's slowing arrows can set of banshee's veil and that or others can waste cleanse. If you notice the trend among high tier charcters is that thier abilities have CC. CC is not just important for countering jax but any player.

Journeyboy

04-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretch View Post
So lets have a 3v3 consisting of a tank, a dps, and a mage. Jax has cleanse. Mage stuns him and a teamate drops exhaust and ignite on him, cleansed, lept, dead. Lets compare how much focus fire it takes to drop that jax compared to every other dps in the game and then lets compare how much dps jax can throw out compared to every other dps in the game.

Point being, if you could choose a jax on your team or any other carry in the game, who would you choose and why. Would it be jax every time? Is there a reason to choose YI, Kat, Twitch, TF, Teemo over Jax?
Um or you have a WW, Sion, Twisted fate, Mundo, Ashe, Fiddlesticks and gg. These are carries and easily kill Jax.

EDIT: I would say only Crit built Sions

Wretch

04-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyboy View Post
Um or you have a WW, Sion, Twisted fate, Mundo, Ashe, Fiddlesticks and gg. These are carries and easily kill Jax.
She isnt a counter to anyone on treeline. Ashe simply blink dies to any amount of focus fire. Mundo is not a counter to Jax due to Mundo being dodged 50% of the time. A decent jax will almost always rape a mundo when counter is procing constantly. Fiddlesticks is almost an effective counter to everyone as long as people focus fire. Warwick vs a jax is a lesson in dodge stun. AP sion is fun in Treeline, but he isnt an effective counter to jax. Sion has a stun, but he can not stop jax from leaping and roilling any squishy that he is trying to tank for.

I guess you guys do not play with Jax that use cleanse. Rift is much different than treeline and you're simply not going to have enough focus fire to take on a jax and like I said before....

Alistar, Fiddle, Jax
VS
Alistar, Fiddle, Master Yi

Sion, Warwick, Jax
VS
Sion, Warwick, Katarina

Singed, Zilean, Jax
VS
Singed, Zilean, Warwick

Malphite, Janna, Jax
VS
Maplhite, Janna, Twitch

Mordekaiser, Shaco, Jax
VS
Mordekaiser, Shaco, Udyr

Amumu, Twisted Fate, Jax
VS
Amumu, Twisted Fate, Shaco

In my opinion of course, I bet the team with the Jax will almost always win, and to me, that shows that something is wrong. Imo, the only carry close to Jax is Udyr. Udyr has turtle to make up for the large health gap, but udyr doesnt have the dodge that Jax has, altho I would say that they have similar dps. Udyr is viable as dps or AP, the problem is that Jax should be defeat Udyr 1v1 every time due to dodge.

Kriptini

04-24-2010

Nasus counters Jax easy.

Wretch

04-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriptini View Post
Nasus counters Jax easy.
WTF plays nasus. I have never seen a nasus in 3v3 nor do I believe him a counter to anyone. Relying on melee attacks plays into Jax's game and Nasus has to CC to simply run away, that about it...

Lets take an...

Alistair, shaco, jax
vs
alistair, shaco, nasus

There is no way nasus is a counter to jax. Jax will simply ignore him, jax will have attack speed and lifesteal, then simply focus the shaco, with shaco's help, then its gg team fight...

12345 ... 8