While the Servers are Down... Why did you choose your name?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Octavyan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stairmaster5000 View Post
I was bored and never thought I'd actually play this game a lot. Jokes on me.
I just played with you dude. I was the Ryze, when you played as Leona!

Octavyan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2011

I took my name from the book series "Codex Alera" , by Jim Butcher. The protagonists name is "Octavian" . that name was taken, so I change the "i" to a "y"

Tassleh0ff

09-14-2011

I first used this SN in Redalert back in 1995, as I identified with the old book character from Dragonlance Tasslehoff Burrfoot. Since then I've continued to use it, always using Tassleh0ff witha zero even when Tasslehoff isn't taken- My sister used the SN Tasslehoff in Warcraft 3 where we made quite a duo, so out of respect for her I always use the 0 version now.
There's the reason!

Blasphemy

09-14-2011

I think blasphemy is a cool name. Used it on WoW for my undead priest and I really breathed life into that toon. Really worked hard on him. Liked the feel of the name. So when I tried it in league it was taken so I took Blasphe.

Would pay the person who has the name Blasphemy to change his name so that I could change mine to Blasphemy.

kaiyay

Recruiter

09-14-2011

I don't know actually... I once read Frank Herberts Dune so that is my inspiration. Sounds good btw. Alternative is Dunean.

jerzy

09-14-2011

My in game name is my grandfather's first name IRL. It's Polish for George.

What's quite sad about it is ignorant Americans make stupid Jersy shore comments, as if my spelling was as atrocious as theirs.

Arianna

09-14-2011

I don't think the name my parents gave me is suitable. So I picked one I liked instead, and I stick with it ^_^

UFearTheBeard

09-14-2011

Great General Interest Thread!!!!!!!!!! =D

Secondly, I chose my name because I started playing League last October (of 2010) while the San Francisco Giants were in the thick of their post-season tribulations for World Championship Glory....
Brian Wilson is the Giants' closer, and he did (and still does) possess the most enviable of jet-black facial hair around!!!!!!!!!!!
GO GIANTS AND FEAR THE MOTHER-LOVING BEARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baby Punt

09-14-2011

Babies piss me off.

Discojapi

09-14-2011

Discojapi - Chancho en piedra (8) And i chose it because i have the same nick on every game I play Actually it sounds like Disco Happy