Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

While the Servers are Down... Why did you choose your name?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

John LaMore

08-09-2011

parents chose my name

r3al

08-09-2011

I... really like pineapples....

*shuffles feet around* :/

Octavyan

Recruiter

08-09-2011

Octavian was taken, but its from Jim Butchers book series, "Codex Alera" The main character is named "Octavian" , but since that name was taken, I substituted a Y for an I

Rovert

08-09-2011

It's my name backwards.

How original.

Talz

08-09-2011

Name of my Chaotic Neutral Goblin cleric from DnD.

Tremor

Recruiter

08-09-2011

Tremor is the feeling you get when you play against me...more commonly known as the T effect. I just love this name because it seems so original and something about it starting with a T makes it sounds different.

ThE ChRoNiC NuKu

08-09-2011

Well my actual account name is "Yo MoMs HoMiE" but I chose it because Teh ChRoNiC wasn't available (This is my forum account/smurf)

Dcknose

08-09-2011

cause my friends say my nose looks like a *****

Dancing Cow

Recruiter

08-09-2011

Mine is actually a pretty long story.

My sister was in the hospital with appendicitis and my family and I were worriedly huddled in the waiting room for several hours. At some point during this wait, a little old lady came in and sat down next to my sister and I.

I forget how exactly we broke the ice with this lady, but we ended up talking about many things. Eventually, she confessed to us that she was a Native American princess and that she would let us into her tribe! All we had to do was select a special name for ourselves.

She explained that the name had to have special symbolism. According to her, most Native Americans named themselves after animals or objects with a verb or adjective defining themselves (like "sitting bull" or "strong tree&quot.

After about fifteen minutes of pondering, I finally decided upon the name Dancing Cow! The name, I thought, portrayed my resourcefulness and joviality. Not really knowing a good outlet for use of this new title, I decided to make it my online alias (along with a few others).

Was she actually a Native American princess or just a crazy old lady? I'll never know. I do have *some* Native American blood in me, as my lineage has been traced back to the Powhatan tribe.

TL;DR: Possibly crazy "Native American princess" dubbed me Dancing Cow in her tribe.

The Power Cosmic

08-09-2011

Back when I first started playing LoL, I had been read the Marvel Zombies series. I loved the fact that Galacticus got devoured by a horde of super-powered zombies. In doing so, they gained (you guessed it folks): The Power Cosmic.