[Guide] Oppenheimer

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

McRofls

05-13-2010

I love that you actually are giving a GUIDE on how to play and tips, most people just do items and runes/skills which is worthless.

+1 man

Thth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by honestmullet View Post
I am most interested about the runes. How do you know that Magic Penatration doesn't apply to turrets?

(I don't mean this as a challenge, I'm just wondering how you know that.)

I'm not looking forward to replacing all my mag pen.....

Wait, disregard my earlier commentó

I just tested it again, and it seems like magic penetration does affect turret damage. Perhaps Riot changed/fixed something? I must amend my guide!

AlterCoil

05-28-2010

I just wanted to point out that if you really have trouble keeping alive, just invest in strength of spirit

Thth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterCoil View Post
I just wanted to point out that if you really have trouble keeping alive, just invest in strength of spirit
With Heimer's passive already giving his hp regen an extra 6/12/16/22 per 5 seconds, needing any more would just signify that the player needs more practice to avoid harassment. The investment of 7 points into defence could instead be 15% magic pen, which gives much more in terms of damage, or 15% reduced summoner spell cooldown, which would also help with survivability through reduced teleport cooldown.

Lord of Asia

06-01-2010

I object to your uselessness on Heimer's passive uselessness
It can heal towers.

So it's really only useless until end game, where you can turtle really well by keeping turrets near the tower, constantly throwing grenades and firing off them missiles.

Just saying. LOL

MexicanGhandhi

06-02-2010

Heim has been my favorite champion for awhile now I've been playing him alot (honestly cause my computer lags just enough to make skill shots difficult and 5v5 fps drops horribly) but i did have a comment or two

I've been messing with my builds lately on most of my characters and I've started to love spell vamp and rockets, I put 1 point in nades just to have that extra spell and a good way to stop a gank, but putting most of my points in rockets I can push harder and farm more. Early game farming is all that matters. Heim pushes creeps hard with rockets and turrets, but if you avoid the tower more the "laning phase" lasts just a little bit longer because if you down the tower by level 6-8 then you end up over extending because the creep waves always line up weird and cant farm up that extra bit plus the side lanes see the tower going down and bum rush mid to help.

to get extra farming in, the creep waves are already set up to meet in nearly the same spot if you keep the tower up so you can set up 3 turrets then go kill four neutrals right next to the lane with just a W, E and a few auto attacks. The new gunblade adds some decent AP for an early item and spell vamp so it is easy to survive any harassment or mistake you may have made [not saying ignore the tower, i'm saying dont commit to destroying it early]

I also normally use flash/tele and rush chalice then tear. Mana potions are fine until you have both of those then you are basically set. I've tried clarity on heim but flash has saved me from countless gank scenarios as heim. a great combo when a shaco (or any hardcore ganker) pops up is simply nade stun flash and rocket and if they arent backing off there is plenty of room to run.

Love the guide, i'm really happy someone put together an awesome post 3 turret guide for heim. Just sharing my thoughts for him

Stangerlift

06-13-2010

I followed your build with a bit of skepticism, and low and behold I go 8-1-X and pushed amazingly even against my personal lane enemy Ashe and then Teemo! I just wanted to say thanks for a great guide!

Now I laned against heimer, went rocket, and had an awesome time! I'm still trying to figure out how u said to backdoor tho

9n0sXYAWEQ

06-15-2010

No hitpoints... Failed horribly.

Akyio

06-15-2010

I'm also the one who is putting points into rockets after turrets, the pushing is usually very good then.
the biggest problem for heimer i find mana and health. I have mana regen quints and seals/lvl, abilitu power seals and magic pen marks. with utility mastery clarity and teleport usually no big mana problems, but i find heimer most effective when he has mana without the end.. to get that i need chalice and archangels, and then i can spam spells without end, and if mana is kinda low, then pop clarity and done again.
just in this case i have totally no survivability and rely 100% on teammates. i started now going rod of ages instead of archangels and it does increase survivability, but gives less AP. however in some situations i run out of mana if the push is very long.
since its always like "we wont start the fight till we bring heimer turrets down", and then you need enough mana to constantly rebuild them, keep throwing nades to towers, and firing rockets to champions when possible.

MrToasty

06-15-2010

I just want to point out to Heimer fans that yes, magic penetration does work. It have been tested (literally a couple of days ago) and there are posts proving it.

MP Runes work, Sorc. Boots work, 15% MP Mastery works, everything MP works with his turrets. Even Aegis works. To test this, play a friend 1v1, get enough gold to buy sorc boots. Have a turret hit him, watch the damg. Sell the boots, have a turret hit him again. It's important to make sure you stay the same level when doing this. Boots do work. Try it with any MP items. All work. Took me forever to finally solve this for sure.

Enjoy!

123456 ... 8