@Riot, 1 free champion unlock

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TwistWrist

07-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by saerif View Post
Seems like my point was missed. I honestly believe that if accounts are provided a choice of champions to permanently unlock upon creation it would net a larger player return on accounts that quit before level 5.
Why upon creation? Most new players have no idea what they are doing. Might as well link it to doing the tutorial.

Oh wait, tutorial gives ip for permanently unlocking a champion. Not all the champions but some good ones none the less.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

07-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistWrist View Post
Why upon creation? Most new players have no idea what they are doing. Might as well link it to doing the tutorial.

Oh wait, tutorial gives ip for permanently unlocking a champion. Not all the champions but some good ones none the less.
^ New players have no idea what they're doing. All this would lead to is buying a random champion right off of the bat, followed by 'I hate <insert champion that they bought>! I want a refund!'

If anything I could see granting a one time bonus upon reaching a certain level (say level 10?), as you're more likely to have a better concept of the game, and have tried enough champions to know a few that you would enjoy picking up.

And what's wrong with linking it to the tutorial? If you're new to the genre, you should be playing the tutorial to get a basic concept of the game to start. If you're not new to the genre but new to the game, you should run through them quickly to get a feel for any unique aspects of the game, such as the neutral buffs. If you're not new to the game, well there's no reason for you to complain about lacking IP, go back to your main account if you're so worried about it.

Aspergers69

Recruiter

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by purdue View Post
Invite 10 friends and get 975 RP free. Good for any champion, even those which cost 6300 IP.
i don't even have 10 friends, and the friends that i have already play.

Suaidan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2012

Getting a free champion would encourage the mass making of new accounts as panzer said new players don't know what they are doing so if they pick a champion as free to start with and decide they dont like it they will make a new account to try another one...this would just trash up the server more.

NirvanaFr3ak

01-10-2012

Not sure if still up but, a free Alistar skin (unchained) is available for pick up by simply subscribing to their youtube channel. This also unlocks the champion btw and with a skin

Suaidan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2012

More then just alistar Tristana also on facebook

CounterSnipe

01-10-2012

I don't see a reason for this. I've been playing LoL for about 2 months now, and in that time I got a Free IP boost and Free Riot Points. I think there's a "gift" to all players roughly every month or so, so asking for a free champion would be a bit much. Also, what happens if a person were to buy a champion they hate? That's never cool (Lux...).

NirvanaFr3ak

01-10-2012

bottom line, this game is extremely generous compared to other item mall type mmos. The only thing in the game tha has you backed into a wall is the extra rune pages.

bobmuffinman

01-10-2012

I cast raise dead, because peeps be necro-ing. Please stop with the necro.

DanyaHerald

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElf View Post
If you link your facebook to your account. You get Tristana and a skin for her for free.
How? I liked it on facebook, but didn't get the champ.