Can't leave games?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Soluna

09-06-2009

This has just started happening to me recently. What would happen is when everyone's successfully selected their heroes, the game would start up the loading screen but 1-2 people would end up never connecting. Obviously not up to fighting a game 3v5, I decided to leave, but the damn client tells me "Game is still in progress..." with the option of reconnecting and nothing else. I close the PvP.net Client and start it back up, and it brings me back to the "Game is still in progress..." screen after logging in. So I have to wait for the bloody game to finish, ranging from 10-20 minutes if they feel like taking their sweet time. This doesn't seem right, especially since I left the game on my own accord, is there any reason why it maybe acting like this?

ilnadmy

09-06-2009

It's trying to prevent you from leaving a game if you see your team is losing. It's a terrible idea honestly, it should be dropped ASAP. I'm usually on the other side - I get dropped while the loading screen is up, and then I can't even leave that game to find another game because it keeps prompting me to reconnect to a game I can't connect to. So I'm stuck with a client I can't even use for like 30 minutes.

gutter

09-06-2009

You can't leave games without penalty. If you leave a game you HAVE to wait until the game you left is over before you can join/start another one. That's done on purpose to dissuade habitual leavers that quit every time things look a little unfavorable.

Some players never managing to actually connect could be an issue though. I've discovered that sometimes it doesn't say they ever even start to connect but that they actually do because they're playing their characters and everything once the game actually starts.

Rednil

09-06-2009

hm... and what happens when the pvp client bug, and say you already have a game running, without enter in one? got stucked, and when i try to "reconnect", say that server dont exist xD

this happens right now, i hope for fast fix

Soluna

09-06-2009

That's a bit of a silly way of implementing an anti-leaver system. If anything it'll deter people from playing the game any further.

To further complicate my situation, I just finished a great game at about 10:10PM EST time. Then, my LoL game closes, as well as the PVP.net Client. I have to restart the application, only to find that when I log in, it wants me to reconnect to the game I just finished :\. Now it goes between either not letting me log in (it just sits at the "Logging in..." screen until I terminate the client) or making me try to reconnect to a game that no longer exists -.-;.

*facepalm*

**EDIT** When I tell it to reconnect to the non-existant game, it tells me the server isn't responding (I wonder why <_<) and it maybe a firewall on my side blocking the connection.

Marceloide

09-06-2009

i cant log its happening to me :S

gutter

09-06-2009

The problem that everyone's getting right this moment seems to be server related, not anti-leaver system related.

SpicyPansit

11-29-2009

This anti-leaving system is really annoying.. please change fix it..

ArmedMonkey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2009

I don't like the insinuations here. How about this. I generally never leave in these sort of games. But because of the public matching system, I keep being put on teams with 3 ppl who just charge towers. I feel like I have the right to not waste time on that ****. There's absolutely no point. This game is supposed to be fun - locking you in to playing with people who don't know how to play is not that.

Nykidemus

12-12-2009

The anti-leaver system is the most effective I've seen, it's a wondrous thing. Keep up the good work guys.