Runes - Ability Power

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RyzeCrank

04-23-2010

I have tier 1 runes, and they are all on Ability power. It says on the rune page that i get 32+ AP to my champion. But when i get into the game in the stat it doesnt show any bonus' from that... Is that standard?

Slogra

04-23-2010

1. Make sure you're using the rune page with the AP runes in-game. You might be, for an example, using Rune Page 2 when you want Rune Page 1.

2. Are they Ap/level? If that were the case, you would ahve 32 AP at level 18, but very little at the start, if any.

Can't think of anything else. Send a pair of pics to the riot support thingy, one showing your rune page and another showing the in-game bonuses not existing.

Micar

04-23-2010

Make sure you pick the right rune page in champ select.

32 AP with all tier 1 is pretty good, i remember only getting like 30 with full tier 2 AP runes.

Micar

04-23-2010

Ah yeah probably AP/per level actually.

RyzeCrank

04-23-2010

So the the runes that give ability power increases as i level up? For instance, at the beginning the game level 1, there is no bonus for the character? But once i reach level 18, i get the full bonus from the runes? Kinda wierd if thats the case, was hoping the runes would automatically give that bonus right away.

Gergination

04-23-2010

Per level runes increase in power as you level up.

You'll start with around 5 AP bonus because the runes scale linearly and will have +32 at level 18.

Cereal

Adjudicator

04-23-2010

There are runes that give an AP bonus that starts small and scales as you level, however there are also flat ap runes.

The former usually read like, .25ap/level maxing at 3.25ap (made up numbers cuz i never use those runes)

rhinocologist

04-23-2010

Magic pen runes are better.

CrimsonGT

04-23-2010

I use all static AP runes, 35 AP at lvl 1, plus 20 from book. 55 AP at lvl 1 with champs that have good AP ratios is sick.

Micar

04-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonGT View Post
I use all static AP runes, 35 AP at lvl 1, plus 20 from book. 55 AP at lvl 1 with champs that have good AP ratios is sick.
Get imp. ignite too for another 10 AP. Can be godly on Ryze but you'll have no mana unless you go with Doran's.