Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is Karthus any good?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Macok

04-23-2010

Hi!

I was wondering how to spend my first 6300 IPs and from the looks I decided to go with Karthus. But is he any good? I haven't seen him much in games which makes me believe he is too fragile or have some other major flaw. Any suggestions? Any long time user? Who would you recommend for a first hero buy and why? My preferences are mages and supporters.

wildfire393

04-23-2010

Karthus is interesting but not amazing. He has no hard crowd control, while many other casters have a stun or snare.

What he does offer that most other casters don't is sustained DPS. As long as your mana pool holds out, you can keep dropping Lay Wastes and keep Defile on, doing constant damage every second. Requiem is also decent for scoring kills that would otherwise get away.

If you want to play a mage/support champion, I recommend A) buying one of the easier to play ones like Ryze or Annie, and B) only buying a champ you've tried out free before.

ChokeDakine

04-23-2010

Traditionally, him and Anivia were the two hardest champions to play in the game, and that scares a lot of people away. Plus as you know, he costs 6300 IP and isn't new like Ezreal or Kennen so you won't see too many people buy him. If you're new, I wouldn't recommend him.

To the above poster, his Wall is one of the most devastating snares in the game during group fights, which I'm sure you know, so you might want to rephrase the part where you say that "other casters have stuns or snares" implying he doesn't.

xNECROx

04-23-2010

I love his wall. His E is great at farming. His Q is great for harassment until late game.

YellowSnowsicle

04-23-2010

Good for pubstomping. Can lane mid decently. Doesn't bring as much to a team fight compared to others though.

Rockopotamus

04-23-2010

Karthus is very good as long as you have a couple of kills under his belt. Lay waste is an Excellent skill once you learn to hit with it. The double damage to single targets can really add up quickly when aimed properly. However, he suffers worse than most characters when he is underleveled or underitemized because he really only offers damage.

CTHDRL

04-23-2010

Karthus is amazing.

There are just not that many good ones around.

He has some of the highest DPS in the game. And if he flanks during a team fight with his E on, spamming Q; it's GG. The key is to enter the fight (within Defile's range) after the major CC has been thrown around.

People who say Karthus is anything less then incredible have never played him, or never seen a good one. Period.

ANDRETHEGOD

04-23-2010

Totally no skill hero

You just have to keep spamming q untill level 11 and then u can sit at ur nexus and spam ultimates, and you wll get more stacks then ur entire team gg

For 6.3k, i would try Corki... hes so fun to play

YellowSnowsicle

04-23-2010

Quote:
Oneironaut:
Karthus is amazing.

There are just not that many good ones around.

He has some of the highest DPS in the game. And if he flanks during a team fight with his E on, spamming Q; it's GG. The key is to enter the fight (within Defile's range) after the major CC has been thrown around.

People who say Karthus is anything less then incredible have never played him, or never seen a good one. Period.

So basically you're saying he's a cleanup hero that happens to be squishy, no chase/escape, no hard cc, and needs farm to do damage.

So why is he so good?

ANDRETHEGOD

04-23-2010

Ultimate ofc xD

You can hit unites you cannot see... pretty op IMO