7/18 Champion Select Issues

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

07-18-2011
1 of 13 Riot Posts

Hello Summoners,

We experienced issues with Champion Select and believe they have resolved, but are continuing to monitor to ensure this is the case.

10:00 PDT: And now we have actually disabled Compensation Mode, aka 'The Button'.
9:42 PDT: Some players are experiencing leftover ghost games. These will resolve by themselves shortly, but we're looking into restarting the affected servers to expedite the process. Others are seeing queues still disabled - I'm afraid you will have to restart your client in that case. The LQ is just under 30 minutes and should actually be dropping quickly now that we've raise the throttle rate.
9:29 PDT: Thank you for your patience tonight Summoners. Champion Select stats are back to normal. Have a good evening.
9:23 PDT: We have disabled Compensation Mode, aka 'The Button'.
9:21 PDT: We are continuing to monitor the environment. Happy Summoning!
8:45 PDT: We have re-enabled queues, and opened logins again. There is a throttle in place so a Login Queue may form rapidly.
8:39 PDT: Our forums are experiencing heavy load and as such some or most pages may display a Fail Gragas at this time.
8:30 PDT: All game queues and logins have been disabled while we troubleshoot the issues.
7:50 PDT: We are continuing to troubleshoot the issue.
7:25 PDT: To maintain stability, we are toggling normal queues on and off to keep them at a manageable size.
7:05 PDT: So far it appears unsuccessful. We are continuing to troubleshoot.
7:00 PDT: Our Operations team implemented a mitigation strategy. Investigating the results.
6:52 PDT: Ranked games have been disabled for the duration of this incident.
6:31 PDT: [Ticker]: The ?game start issues? ticker has been activated. Because of the specific issue, this may not show up immediately.
6:27 PDT: [Compensation Mode]: The Button has been enabled.
6:19 PDT: Our Operations team began investigating the issue.
6:03 PDT: First symptoms of Champion Select issues appear.

For context: Compensation Mode, or 'The Button', means that losses and leaves are not recorded, nor can you lose Elo. Elo gains are also halved during this period to offset Elo inflation.

Bow User Thing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-18-2011

best video ever

Bertyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-18-2011

Getting downvoted.

Slayerzav

07-18-2011

huehuheuheqq internet dezins that qq git ou of da cave and get a life. DSM fo life

Trixie

07-18-2011

ok

daddyduro69

07-18-2011

Round 2 baby

Volverbot

07-18-2011

D:
Sc2 time!

Protease

07-18-2011

xSKOALx

Recruiter

07-18-2011

WHY DID MY FRIEND GET BANNED FOR OWING YOU MONEY

when he uses prepaid cards tell me how that works

Pigoil

07-18-2011

i just wanna play a game after work...
please let me ==