How to counter Annie mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

llllllllI

07-18-2011

Annie has been my main burst mage since I started played this game mostly cuz something about a little girl kicking the **** out of everyone oddly pleases me. (Yeah I have issues. Sue me)

Anyways, here's a few step guides to beat Annie.

1. Get a Doran's item, whether it be a ring, shield or sword. I don't care if you think HP Quints is enough and getting a Doran's will delay you. You NEED the extra health.

2. During the lane, most Annie's will harass you slowly down to around 1/2 HP using her Q and W. Sometimes they wont use Q at all and only last hit with it. You HAVE to watch their style.

Do they wait till they have a stun up to Q>W you? Do they just throw random Q's anyways? Are they even harassing with spells at all and just use autos?

See what they do and play defensively against it. If they wait for the stun, be aggressive until they have 3 stacks. Then wait till they waste. Harass again.

If the's the random Q's and W's, play defensively and push the lane slightly. Annie isn't very good at last hitting near her turret because she isn't AD. The turret will eat about half the minions and denying her some slight farm. This is dangerous cuz if they have a jungle or a roamer, you can be put in a bad position.

3. Once she hits lvl 6, you can NEVER be at 1/2 health. If you are at half health, you're gonna die. She'll flash in, tibbers stun and you're gone. To counter this, avoid being close while pushing the lane. If she charges you? Use a harass. By this time, it'd be acceptable to b to get boots so you can be faster than her.

4. Call MIAs. One of the biggest reasons I dominate as Annie isn't cuz I rape mid lane. It's because Annie is a stupidly strong ganker. She can burst you down under a turret. If her team has a stun in the lane, someone can prolly die.

5. Stay spread out, especially in team fights. I can't count how many times I've won because 3 or 4 people get close enough together for me to combo all over them. It's pretty easy.

Items fairly required:
Merc Treads. You should be getting this ANYWAYS.
Banshee's The Banshee's can block a spell (which can really help save you once in a while) The extra HP and MR will also do you well. Now I'm not saying to RUSH it, but you should get it sometime.

Optional Items:
QSS. It's actually a great item if you know how to use it. Think PVP Trinket + Cloak of Shadows + Dwarf Racial from WoW. This badboy removes everything AND gives MR. Pretty **** good imo.

Now before people come here and say "Whatever baddie you just dont want Annie nerfed," I actually do believe she's fairly OP. She snowballs pretty hard and her burst from 6 to around 12 is a bit too strong base damage wise. What would I do?

I'd personally nerf her Q down. Maybe by 10 base damage from rank 3- rank 5. It'll give her the burst she needs as a burst mage but it will make it less stupid to play against. I would also reduce the armor on her E. Move it from 10 > 7. This makes her less tanky during team fights and much easier to kill. I'd also reduce the duration from 15 to 10 and the CD from 30 to 20 so you can use it to build stacks for the stun.

If anyone has any constructive (Read: USEFUL) criticism, post away. I'll make amends if anything I put was ******ed (I'm not pro or anything).

Messy Mango

07-18-2011

Buy a Negatron.

Renegade Glitch

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-18-2011

play mordekaiser.

PayForYourSins

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-18-2011

So what tip will help me against a double tibbers?

beliEVE OR AFK

07-18-2011

I once got tibber stunned, but then I ate some oranges and I was fine.

EmperorNapoleon

Recruiter

07-18-2011

Any good tanky dps/lane sustain will beat her in lane too (especially if she has a dorans ring, love those annies). Not really hard to beat her at all.

8thtime

07-18-2011

Pick brand

Renegade Glitch

07-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Prometheus I View Post
I once got tibber stunned, but then I ate some oranges and was k.
*Fixed

Laue

07-18-2011

Champions that outrange here work too, I was pretty successful as Cassi against Annie.

PayForYourSins

07-18-2011

Then i got tibber stunned straight after though and was out of oranges :<