Rumble vs Garen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dice Dragon

07-18-2011

Early game champs, both of them.

But as we all know, Early game only gets you so far. Now, people say Garen falls off end game, but I dont see much mention of this when it comes to Rumble, and frankly, im confused.

Lets compare the skills of Rumble and Garen.
Lets say rumble has merctreads, a rylais, and a sunfire. this comes to about, 6.8k.
Lets say garen has, Dorans blade x 2, Brutilizer, sunfire, and merctreads. 6k.

Flame spitter vs Judgement

At max, Flame spitter does 150 + (0.45 * 80) = 186 damage a second.
Overheat makes it do 186 * 1.3 = 242 DPS

At max, Judgement does 220 + (1.2 * 45) = 274 damage a second.

Clearly at the 6k money mark, Garens judgement does more.

Courage vs Scrap sheild

Corage gives a passive 25 to both defenses at max, and gives 36% reduced damage for 3 seconds.

Scrap sheild gives 202 shield at this AP.(Ill cover the speed boost later.)

Atleast in my opinion, Courage seems vastly superior for defensive skills.

Decisive Strike vs Electro-Harpoon

DS does 90 + (234) = 324 and silences the target for 2.5 seconds.

EH does does 215 for each one, and applies a slow.

This really is a toss up, I perfer DS simply because Slow is nice, but Silence is an extremely useful ability, canceling channels, and preventing flashing.

Speed boosts

DS gives garen 35% for 3 seconds,

Scrap shield gives Rumble 39%(heat) for 1 second.

I much perfer my 3 seconds speed boost. even if its 4% slower.

Ults

If you compare ults, Rumble wins in a heart beat. A single target nuke(A great one I may for people like vlad, or anyone else dumb enough to stack HP and not defense) Vs an extremely strong AoE tick damage and slow, not to mention ok first hit.

Rumble wins this one hands down.

Passives

Rumbles passive makes his play style unique, and gives his abilites extra power when played in a certain manner.

Garens passive is defensive, where rumbles is offensive.

To me, there is no clear winner. Other then the fact that rumbles deal a nice chunk of extra damage per AA if he does overheat. Where as garens makes him able to heal off harras quite nicely.

Endgame

lets say rumble has, a Deathcap, A rylais, a sunfire and merctreads. this puts him at
10.4k gold.

Lets say garen has, a Last whisper, a Brutilizer, Sunfire, Merc treads, and a Hexdrinker.
This puts him at 1k less cost then rumble.

Judgement is doing 220 + (1.2 * 100) = 440 damage a second.

Flame spitter(heat) is doing, (150 + (129))1.3 = 363 Damage a second

So, assuming rumble has the 15% spell pen mastery, he is still lacking as much penetration as Garen, and has spent more money.

Conclusion

Overall, Garen in my opinion, sucks up more damage, does more damage with judgement, and has more self utility such as slow removal and unique CC like silence.

Rumble however, brings a EXTREMELY powerful ult, and lots of Slows, but deals less damage without his ult.

So, now the question is, who is better end game? Is it rumble? But simply because he becomes a walking Ult? Or is it garen for having better tankyness and unique CC?

Shining Silver

07-18-2011

Is the rumble data in the danger zone?

Dice Dragon

07-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by aSilverDragon View Post
Is the rumble data in the danger zone?
For flame spitter and the speed boost yeah.

For the shield, I totally forgot to be honest, but to be frank, the shield is only useful; to prevent ignite death if anything. Its like the cruddiest little shield ever, and only good for clutch saves.

Shining Silver

07-18-2011

this is interesting, Rumble does have a shorter CD than Garen

Rumble's better mid-late game, where Garen becomes a walking KS during that time

fakty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-18-2011

Durp durp dont talk about CDs derp derp

Dice Dragon

07-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by aSilverDragon View Post
this is interesting, Rumble does have a shorter CD than Garen

Rumble's better mid-late game, where Garen becomes a walking KS during that time
But how many times has someone gotten away with 30% health from a teamfight? I know I love killing people who think they got enough HP to get away, an normally would, with my ULT and killing them. Sure, if its like a 5v3 or something, its a KS. but sometimes that security in a finishing blow is helpful.

Dracozero

07-18-2011

rumble OP garen UP

Shining Silver

07-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakty View Post
When Rumble can use his flamethrower again 1s after the last one, while Garen has to wait around 8s (cant remember) for judgement? Yea, let's not talk about CD

Dice Dragon

07-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakty View Post
Rumble has to limit his usage.

lets compare, no damage items. only CDR.

40% on both, Flame spitter is 6 * 0.6 = 3.6

Judgement is 10 * 0.6 = 6

However, rumble wants to stay in danger zone, and not overheat right?

Rumble will have to stagger his abilities to keep sing them without overheating.

At 50 heat, you use flame spitter, taht adds 20. you are at 70, you have to wait 6 seconds to hit 50 again. Since flame spitter will be active for 3 of those, no big deal. that means you have a flat 3 seconds of unusable skills or you will start getting close to overheating.

that means at 40% CDR, rumbles CD is actually 3.6 + 3. or 6.6.

220/6 = 36.6 DPS(Accounting for CD.)

150/3.6 = 41.6 DPS(accounting for CD, but not accounting for heat reduction)
(54.6 for danger zone)

lets say, they both have the above end game builds in my OP.

440 DPS before CD for judgement,
363 for danger zone flame spitter.

lets say, both have a flat 10% due to runes/masteries.

Garen is at 20%, rumble at 10%.

8 after CDR for judgement,
5.4 after CDR for flame spitter.

440/8 = 55 DPS
363/5.4 = 67.2

But once again, if you account for heat balancing, rumble is going to fall behind. Because if he spams flame spitter on CD, he is gonna overheat and run around trying to punch things.

Tomare

07-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice Dragon View Post
For flame spitter and the speed boost yeah.

For the shield, I totally forgot to be honest, but to be frank, the shield is only useful; to prevent ignite death if anything. Its like the cruddiest little shield ever, and only good for clutch saves.
I don't even know how you can disregard Rumble's shield. It's on such a ridiculously short cooldown that it can be used multiple times in a fight, giving Rumble much more survivability. I don't know why you decided to disregard all the cooldowns in your "analysis".