Chauster "NESL Fiasco"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Erathius

07-18-2011

Yea its pretty clear that Jaden is a headcase and shouldnt be in an administrative position. But the next step in all of this is doing something about it. Nice words only get people so far. Its good that everyone needs to be mature and that advice to be mature and respectful is being given. But http://i.imgur.com/DHRAp.png pretty much goes to show that even after attention has been brought to this Jaden has no intentions of backing down from his position. If Riot and NESL want the e-sports scene to grow and for these incidents to stop they need to take action sometimes instead of trying to make every single person happy. IMO Jaden should be demoted back to TSM cheerleader and the e-sports administrators should get a better hold on these things

Exsnypre

07-18-2011

Honestly the whole issue boils down to CLGs lack of trust in Riot and specifically Marcou. If they had properly handled the whole Dreamhack qualifier seed swap fiasco, CLG likely would have turned to Riot for help as they did in that case. However, Riot's response to CLG's plea for proper resolution was "It's our decision, so deal with it." The community obviously didn't support the decision and CLG felt severely slighted by Riot being an innocent bystander whose chance at Dreamhack was negatively affected to the benefit of one of the accused parties.

If RiotMarcou wants CLG or any other team to seek them out for tournaments problems they have to have the trust of the players. If I were CLG I wouldn't trust Riot in resolving the NESL issue, and would be forced to turn to the community as the only remaining source of authority.

Riot's current stance on this issue: don't speak up, tell us secretly, and wait for us to deal with it behind closed doors (sweep it under the rug) will never be acceptable. Riot and tournament officials need to act professionally before the players will ever do so.

TL;DR: RiotMarcou, your own past actions brought this about. Had you not spit in CLGs face during the Dreamhack qualifiers, they might actually have reason to trust your judgement.

Traithan

07-19-2011

I've always said NESL has been a joke when its come to running their touneys. When it's come to being on time, having commentators / camera that aren't completely stupid, etc. This pretty much confirms everything I've said as true. Honestly, I wish the biggest teams would just decline their tourneys in general. No one would watch or care if CLG, TSM, RS, and EG decided they weren't going to their tourneys. They are lucky to break 10k viewers now, without the support of those teams, they'd be lucky to break 2. And its what they absolutely deserve.

WWWWMWWWWWMWWWWW

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-19-2011

nesl very unprofessional

Cybermen

07-19-2011

The way I see it, Chauster made his post out of anger. We all agree he was pissed off that NESL disrespected him and CLG. Now, I do think he has the right and should of made what happened public. See your position Marcou is to defuse situations and you're very good at it, but when a player feels his team is disrespected and that a tournament is being run poorly he has the right and should tell his friends/fans/community that the name in front of a tournament may not indicate the level of professionalism it is being run with. For example before this situation people saw NESL and thought that's probably a very well run tournament but the tournaments haven't been run well.. in fact the tournaments have been run rather poorly. So I looked through the anger in chausters blog and realized more than anything maybe I should avoid playing in any NESL tournaments..

Spurn

07-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMarcou View Post
I don't consider the blog post to be "underhanded," but it's also not the pinnacle of "journalism" either. .
@Marcou
...that's because Chauster isn't a journalist, he's a professional gamer. Don't expect journalistic integrity from a person who's been dumped on by the very people who's "fair and unbiased opinions" determine his livelihood. The only thing that we, the LoL community wanted to hear from you, the LoL staff, is "We got this under control guys, it won't happen again, and those in admin positions who abused their power will be dealt with accordingly." This should not be a tough issue for you, and by no means one that you should have to think hard about who's side you're on. I, along with many other faithul LoL players am extremely dissapointed in your response to this situation. It doesn't show your commitment to the LoL player, and makes some question the validity of your position. I sincerely hope to see this rectified, and soon.

CAMPERLOL

07-19-2011

Question, have any of you thought of the decisions in NESL and CLG's childish ragefest?

You don't think CLG could have acted more professionally? I am in no way saying jaden isn't in the wrong here, but had CLG acted more calmy perhaps this whole thing would have died down.

The same goes for Jaden, he needs to put his anger aside and act profesionally. If he doesn't like something a player says or does he just needs to ignore it and treat them how they should be treated: like any other professional player.

Also, read marcou's post before you down vote it, you can't just be a bunch of ****** apes automatically taking CLG's side. Do you know what that is? BIAS. Do you know what jaden did? OWAIT HE BIASED SOMEBODY!

inb4 sh!tstorm of downvotes

redelmos

07-19-2011

This Jaden guy so ******ed, he wants to be Grackis' friend. But even Grackis realize how dumb he is, and stopped talking to him or some ****. Not 100% on the details.

SuperHotMumu

07-20-2011

Interesting thoughts Exsnypre.

Lol @ this post hidden from General Discussion.

motorboats

07-22-2011

greater creative control and production as well