Chauster "NESL Fiasco"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shinnyshin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGTkiller View Post
Riot wants LoL to grow overall, including the competitive scene...why wouldn't RIOT close this thread? Chauster going public about the events that occurred are very detrimental to NESL. The facts and his words about NESL make most who read his blog despise NESL. Chauster is exactly right in what he says though. Now, I like both TSM and CLG, but that's some serious favoritism towards TSM. When you have terrible management and officiating as NESL does, the league will dwindle over time, especially for LoL. If they don't want to see this happen, they need to lose the admins like Orcasm and Jaden in order to move forward in a positive direction. The way orcasm handled things last night with their match was COMPLETELY unacceptable. Jaden's actions are also unacceptable.
If Riot sees an opportunity to make their rising E-sport seem more legitimate and get more worthy treatment, I guarantee they won't disagree. So long as we're not just some whining, complaining, moaning, possibly hate-spewing mob. That's the sort of stupid **** that gets any potential movements (and if a movement is comprised of that, it's not going ANYWHERE, I guarantee you) ignored and slapped down.

If people were to try to bring about change through a well-reasoned, polite (blunt, but polite and adult) course of action, then they wouldn't stand in our way. Not one bit.

But as soon as it turns into "LOL YA **** NESL THEY SUXX NEVER WATCHING ANYTHING AGAIN" and more profane/trollish/disreputable variants, well...legitimacy lost and it becomes bad business for Riot.

If you don't want a closed thread, don't "QQ" about the casters. Don't act abrasively. Don't sling around insults. Nobody wants a productive debate shut down. Depriving us of a productive outlet would hurt Riot far more than it would help. If, instead of getting all pissed off and whiny, we instead work on doing something organized and reasonable, then they'd probably much prefer it. Worst case scenario, they don't have to deal with cleaning up all the forum whining. Best case scenario, we give their nascent game a leg up.

If we are behaving reasonably and Riot shuts this down, then that's...not a smart course of action, and I'll be messaging them requesting that they set up an official thread in which to discuss the event, on the condition that all discourse must be civil.

Tuition

07-17-2011

Dat wrist..

MoarYogurt

07-17-2011

Much bamp

Pitted

07-17-2011

Maybe some day League of Legends will be a serious competitive game. But not today.

FearAzrael

07-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitted View Post
Maybe some day League of Legends will be a serious competitive game. But not today.
$100,000 in prize money, $50,000 for the top team.

The day is today. Or to be more accurate, Dreamhack was the day.

sparkblade14

07-17-2011

Chauster double back bi. Do it brah. Nohomo/10

Pitted

07-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearAzrael View Post
$100,000 in prize money, $50,000 for the top team.

The day is today. Or to be more accurate, Dreamhack was the day.
Dreamhack? You mean the place where the computers failed and people got disconnected from their matches?

LilBill

07-17-2011

Quote:
Dreamhack? You mean the place where the computers failed and people got disconnected from their matches?
I tried to forget this ever happened. Now I will have nightmares.

FearAzrael

07-17-2011

Quote:
Yes, the place where a team went home with more money than you make in a year.

It's all about perspective.

You say it's not here, I say you are missing the bus.

rumples

07-17-2011

then there was the earlier tourny where one of the teams got caught TWICE trying to use a ringer, and some top players supposed connection with a hacker