Install Without Pando Media Booster?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kronovan

04-22-2010

I'm wondering if there's a League of Legends Installer that doesn't use the Pando Media Booster. Any applications that include the PMB won't install successfully on my computer - I"ve been through this 3 times with the Allods, DDO and LotRO installers and currently have 3 open support tickets with Pando Media regarding it.
I'd very much like to try this game out, but a PMB based install won't work for me.

If such an alternative Installer is available, please provide a link or URL where I can access it.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

04-22-2010

I think the installer may end up being the same but you could try the Standalone Client, http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=80928

kronovan

04-22-2010

Thanks for the reply Aregionius, I'll give it a try.

kronovan

04-22-2010

I downloaded from the link you provided and it worked like a dream. That install is actually just the complete folder structure. It took me a minute to figure out I shouldn't be looking for an install and that it's an app/game will all of it's configuration contained within it's folders - can see why it's going to be possible to make a MAC client from it. Since I didn't run the actual installer I had to manually install Adobe Air, but the LoLlauncher was good about telling me that. I also found the CFGs' and was able to configure it for my oddball widescreen rez - runs well and looks great on my last gen HDTV. I just finished the tutorial and won my 1st practice and I'm loving it so far.

Many thanks again Aregionius or pointing me to the link.

Phil8shio

07-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aregionius View Post
I think the installer may end up being the same but you could try the Standalone Client, http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=80928
I'm trying to install LoL on a different comp today and it seems PMB wont work for me either. Could you post another link for the standalone client? That one seems to have expired or is not valid anymore.

ImBahBz

10-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil8shio View Post
I'm trying to install LoL on a different comp today and it seems PMB wont work for me either. Could you post another link for the standalone client? That one seems to have expired or is not valid anymore.
This because pando media booster is obviously a waste of space and time.

Malefic Vision

10-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil8shio View Post
same problem.. emailed pando and made a forum post here, nothing so far,,

Gods7thReaper

10-01-2011

i have the problem to.. no new link to the standalone client?

Gods7thReaper

10-02-2011

try updating your motherboard drivers, that solved my problem

Arimil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2011

Same problem, new link?