Stealth: A Solution

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Demigod Vaughan

07-16-2011

The stealth units in League of Legends have proven to be problematic and thus suffered ill-fated nerfs.
The following solution would alter the stealth mechanic, so that it would be a skilled based ability. (When I refer to stealth units I mean Evelyn and Twitch… and to some lesser extent Akali and Shaco… currently ignoring Temmo, LeBlanc, and Vain.)

I remember this one time I spent 10 minutes lurking around, jumping from shadow to shadow, so that I could sneak up on this guard and take him down silently. That took me 10 minutes because I spent most of the time crawling and walking. I was unable to sprint without drawing the guard’s attention. Though, effective Evelyns and Twitchs normally buy Boots of Mobility.
Stealth units need a movement speed cap or debuff while in stealth. (320)
Why? They should not be able to stealth, cross half the map and preform a gank without being seen by any Wards

Normally, when you face an Evelyn or a Twitch in lane, you never see them. They are in stealth or they are hiding in the bush. EVE MIA (she could be just sitting in the lane, hiding in the bush, or running mid to gank).
Stealth units should receive less experience while in stealth. (-50%)
Why? You need sight on champions. Allowing Evelyn or Twitch to just sit in lane stealth is ridiculous. Reducing the amount of experience gained will defiantly make them rethink just sitting in lane stealth.

Many games I have played make you put your main weapons away when you sneak around. The ninjas and assassins that you watch in the movies often sheath their swords when they are being stealthy. I am not saying they are not prepared to strike, but they certainly don’t have their guard up. They sacrifice defense for stealth.
Stealth units should lose their armor and magic resist while in stealth. (0)
Why? When Evelyn or Twitch are stealth and you have Oracle’s Elixir or placed a Vision Ward; you should be able to kill them. They are in stealth and are not expected to be seen. Therefore, they should not be allowed to keep their armor and magic resistances.

I know what you are thinking. -What you are suggesting would make stealth units useless!-. And you are right these changes to stealth would in fact make them useless.
Stealth units need their base stats and abilities restored.
Why? Currently stealth units such as Evelyn and Twitch heavily rely on their stealth mechanic. Early game they are scary and late game they are useless (unless they are uber fed). By restoring their stats and abilities will allow them be useful throughout the entire game.

The whole point of these changes to stealth is to make the mechanic more skill based. I want the stealth ability to remain in the game, but the stealth ability should have negative effects and not just positive.

The item Oracle’s Elixir.
How many times have you just caught a glimpse of an Evelyn or a Twitch and lost them because of the terrible range from Oracle’s Elixir? Smart Evelyns and Twitchs also know how to maintain proper distance range to maintain sight on you without being seen. I would suggest an active ability on Oracle (Temporarily increases your sight range equal to that of a Vision Ward for 1 second, 60 second cool down).

TheAmpca

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

DaFront

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-16-2011

i kind of like these ideas
at first i was gonna say GTFO!!! STEALTH GEM FTW

madstermind

07-16-2011

Cool ideas, but the stealth rework is well under way and they have tried many many iterations of solving stealth, yours probably included.

drastiK

07-16-2011

i don't see what you're getting at.

NinjaGinge23

07-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demigod Vaughan View Post
(When I refer to stealth units I mean Evelyn and Twitch… and to some lesser extent Akali and Shaco… currently ignoring Temmo, LeBlanc, and Vain.)
rofl. LeBlanc does not have stealth bro.
Quote:
Though, effective Evelyns and Twitchs normally buy Boots of Mobility.
Stealth units need a movement speed cap or debuff while in stealth. (320)
Why? They should not be able to stealth, cross half the map and preform a gank without being seen by any Wards
a) if they grab BoM then they are skipping out on other possible buffs from other boots so forcing them to buy BoM is fair enough
b) with how long they stealth 320 is still more than enough to stroll across the WHOLE map
c)Twitch is slow as **** naturally
d) vision wards

Quote:
Normally, when you face an Evelyn or a Twitch in lane, you never see them. They are in stealth or they are hiding in the bush. EVE MIA (she could be just sitting in the lane, hiding in the bush, or running mid to gank).
Then obviously they arent getting any creep kills. call mia and buy a couple wards and look at that the opposing team has a near worthless champ with them all of a sudden because they haven't fed at all.

Quote:
Many games I have played make you put your main weapons away when you sneak around. The ninjas and assassins that you watch in the movies often sheath their swords when they are being stealthy. I am not saying they are not prepared to strike, but they certainly don’t have their guard up. They sacrifice defense for stealth.
Stealth units should lose their armor and magic resist while in stealth. (0)
Why? When Evelyn or Twitch are stealth and you have Oracle’s Elixir or placed a Vision Ward; you should be able to kill them. They are in stealth and are not expected to be seen. Therefore, they should not be allowed to keep their armor and magic resistances
Not a bad solution but it would encourage spamming aoe and skillshot spells because it would do incredible damage if it hit them (good example would be brand). I don't mind this but it isn't the kind of mindless behavior riot would like to encourage.

Quote:
The item Oracle’s Elixir.
How many times have you just caught a glimpse of an Evelyn or a Twitch and lost them because of the terrible range from Oracle’s Elixir? Smart Evelyns and Twitchs also know how to maintain proper distance range to maintain sight on you without being seen. I would suggest an active ability on Oracle (Temporarily increases your sight range equal to that of a Vision Ward for 1 second, 60 second cool down).
another logical solution but idk if it will be needed with the rework. we'll see when it comes around.

Rahgar

07-17-2011

They're already almost finished the stealth remake...

They aren't taking any more ideas.

Demigod Vaughan

07-17-2011

I've read the stealth remake and that's is why I had to post my solution. I do not care for their solution. Sorry Riot.

@NinjaGinge23
Do you even play the game?

DreamsOfGrandeur

07-17-2011

I like Riot's new system better.

Slower movement speed doesn't help. It would just slows down the game, make Oracles murder stealthed champion, and make stealth boring and cumbersome to play.

DKraze

07-17-2011

Ahahaha junior member post