Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

League of Legends RANKING SYSTEM (StarCraft2)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GSXR NuBreed

07-16-2011

Anyways, after playing multiple games with ****ty teamates...I have wondered why League of Legends has not put in a system to scale people into groups based on their skill.

Any thoughts on if this should be submitted into "Leveling process" or what?

I know it would save me screaming at my team cause they are going 0/7/0 cause they just think they can solo 3 people.. or don't have any communication whatsoever.

Makes me look like a **** and makes my Match History look like a fail...

Go!

Núrse MeÐúsÂ

07-16-2011

agreed, SC2 has a latter you can actually climb if you good, I'm DIA22. Thumbs up if you know where my name came from lol >.>

frunmasterx

07-16-2011

Quote:
Whipkickin:
Anyways, after playing multiple games with ****ty teamates...I have wondered why League of Legends has not put in a system to scale people into groups based on their skill.

Any thoughts on if this should be submitted into "Leveling process" or what?

I know it would save me screaming at my team cause they are going 0/7/0 cause they just think they can solo 3 people.. or don't have any communication whatsoever.

Makes me look like a **** and makes my Match History look like a fail...

Go!

Uh.. elo exists to place people into a place in the ladder.

Do you want to be put into groups? Fine. You got yourself Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum.

They are just icons though, same as in Starcraft 2, where your real rating is hidden from you and you can only see your pretty metal.

DvD RaP

07-16-2011

it groups you based on elo....
it has no other way to determine skill
and if you say skill=k/d ratio, you are incredibly wrong...
0/7/0 backdoor yi who is farmed wins games
some champs specialize in pushing and nothing else
if 4 team mates are feeding, and the enemies arent pushing, and focus on gibbing the bads, a split push is the only chance of victory.
the split pusher wouldnt get kills or assists, but could result in a win. Their understanding of their situation lead them to win the game for their bad team. yet they are 0-7-0

on the other end of the spectrum, the 25-0-10 leblanc, focusing on nothing but kills, who then lost to the split pusher is bad with no understanding of the game. As much as i would love to sit in the jungle and farm 3 feeders for 2 hours, that will lose the game for your team, if a yi farms safely and then split pushes

k/d/a doesnt equal goodness or badness
understanding of the game=goodness or badness
how would it measure understanding?

jars

07-16-2011

then you would have people who care more about their score than winning the game

zztt

07-16-2011

Ranking system isn't the issue here. If you say LoL doesn't have ranking system, please go read up on what ELO rating is.

The main issue at hand is this:
5 random people who have about 5 minutes to set up any team organization usually fail at doing so.

Also most random teams lack a person who wants to take responsibility and lead. This makes it difficult to be successful, as if you have 5 people on a team who play their characters well, but nobody to organize them as far as teamfight/baron/dragon go, then after the laning phase you are doomed to lose to a team that does have that organization.

5 people are not magically going to cooperate without anyone saying a word, or agreeing that they should follow somebody's lead. This is a game where someone often needs to bite the bullet for the team, too many people are not willing to do this.

If you don't like getting matched with ****ty teammates, may I suggest finding a regular group to play 5v5 queues with?

Furthermore SC2 is a 1v1 game, thus what they use there is largely irrelevant.