New Free Champions (Week 22)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jesse99

04-23-2010

Yes tristina is free next week

Yellow Jester

04-23-2010

EDIT: Jax, Twisted Fate, Tristana, Ashe, Heimerdinger. High IP cost =/= OP.

I love when bad players play supposedly good champions terribly and call you OP. I had a TF and a Jax call mundo OP when I thrashed their asses.

Anyway thanks for free Kassadin, I played him according to the Melee/AP hybrid style with a Stark's - Rageblade - Various other damage items, and it was loads of fun. He's an amazing ganker. Also thanks for free blitzcrank, I love blitz, hes one of my most played even tho i don't own him.

Requests:

Anivia
Mordekaiser
Shaco
Blitzcrank (until i can afford him lol)
Veigar

Anti-requests:

Twitch (he always gets fed for some reason)
Teemo
Gangplank
Kennen
Ashe (though she's so cheap it's pointless to make her free in any case)

Everyone wants to play these heroes and they're either bad and feed all game or my team's bad and feeds them all game.

Finally, please put Blitzcrank on sale some time.

cSpoof

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip3d L0L View Post
2nd

No moar blitz free hero weeks please -.-
if you like him so much buy him

Xely

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by cSpoof View Post
if you like him so much buy him
i think what he means is he bought him and doesnt want scrubs taking his champ

JarL

Recruiter

04-23-2010

I find it amusing that blitz is listed as a Tank and malphite is listed as Melee DPS.

Lord of Tides

04-23-2010

Looks sweet. Just one question, though. . . How the heck do you redeem the free champs?

Firellius

04-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanuz View Post
Big question is.. WHERE IS GAREN!?!?
Garen is in the Melee DPS class, which means he has way, waaaay more competition to get in the rotation than other champions. Heimerdinger and Soraka basically alternate every week because they're almost the only ones in their class. But there are so many DPS champions... out of the ten champions released after pre-season ended, six are Melee DPS. Two were tanks, one ranged DPS, and one mage.

The game focuses too much on DPS classes. In amount and in quality.

Canaris

Recruiter

04-23-2010

I'd really like some sort of option to play any champ in bot games. Would mean people wouldn't have to wait weeks to see whether they liked a character enough to buy him.

If you wanted to discourage people from setting up practice games only so as to use all champs, you could provide a, say, 'testing ground' option - where you got a free choice of hero but the map selection, bot foes, and bot assistants were preset.

I think the current system provides a little too much instability, in that certain champs are better than others and if you want to try someone like kassadin, you're going to inevitably get matched up against ryze/twitch/jax and pwned. Week to week it would be nice if there was some sort of balance, especially in noob play where people will only have access to free champs.

frisch

04-24-2010

Maybe let the ppl buy champs temporarily for 1/10th of the price for 1 game?

CaptianPlanet

04-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azing View Post
Last I checked blitz and singed weren't much of tanks, and Kass by far is not a melee dps unless you want to fail hard. I'd be more inclined to say Taric is a tank then ever blitz.
blitz is debatable, but singed is one of the best tanks i've ever seen played. i agree with you on kass though, epic fail as dps- atleast i haven't seen him do well with that type of build.