Malady or Bloodrazor first?

Malady 54 55.67%
Madred's Bloodrazor 43 44.33%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Malady/Bloodrazor on Kog'Maw

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Genomax

07-16-2011

As a longtime Kog'Maw player, I've been enjoying the latest buffs to him. However, there's always been one question which has pestered me: Should I rush Malady or Madred's Bloodrazor first?

I know a lot of people are probably going to laugh at me for suggesting that I get anything other than a Bloodrazor first, but hear me out. While Bloodrazor might be the item for Kog'Maw, it costs 3800 gold, whereas Malady only costs 1825 gold. My current style with Kog'Maw is to give him lots of MPen through runes and Sorcerer's Shoes (since his W already does good base damage), and Malady helps cut through Magic Resistance for a really cheap cost.

On the other hand, I feel that Bloodrazor as a first item promotes more passive gameplay and longer farming (helped by Madred procs), but makes it much harder to get early kills. However, the moment he gets it, his DPS is pretty much unparalleled.

What do you guys think? Please provide your reasoning and abstain from calling me a n00b just for rushing Malady before Bloodrazor if you're going to disagree.

efdf

07-16-2011

you shouldn't buy bloodrazor at all actually

AM6OZero

07-16-2011

bloodrazor + voidstaff + rageblade for me..

malady only knocks out 24 magic resist which isn't much

A Super Saiyan 3

07-16-2011

Madreds is worth an effective 400 ap to kog

Paultheduck

07-16-2011

why not both?

Genomax

07-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultheduck View Post
why not both?
Um. You do realize it takes time to farm, right? And that the game can end before you get both, right?

I'm asking which to get first so I can maximize my usefulness over as long a period of time as possible.

GokuHNN

07-16-2011

First u buy Malady and then when end game is starting u buy madred.By then u will have ****load of ap and will be raping everything.

Smurv

07-16-2011

Malady, it gives great stats and champions don't have lots of hp yet. Also, the AP benefits all your spells

SteelerKing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-16-2011

I would rush depending on the enemy actually.
If you feel harrassing is easy win, go malady.
If you feel you are just going to farm a lot and not gonna get kills much early, Madreds for better farming.

Zheta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-16-2011

Never buy madreds.