Rune page for Jax

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jerz

07-16-2011

I was wondering what would be the optimal rune set up for jax
Right now I have 2 pages, one page with armor pen marks, dodge seals, mr/lvl glyphs, and flat health quints.
the other page is magic pen marks, dodge seals, mr/lvl glyphs and flat health quints.
i use the armpen more than magic pen, but right now im thinking to switch the marks for attack speed, switch glyphs for attack speed, and quints with either atk speed or dodge.
any good ideas?

KaiZoku Ou Ni

07-16-2011

Usually it is,

flat AD reds
flat AD quints
dodge yellows(duh)
Attack speed blues

I play Jax, quite often, and I change my quints to MS quints instead. Although that flat AD Jax is beast solo top. I prefer to play off tank Jax. Because you will get focused like a mother****ing hot chic and if a team can't cover for you, then you will have to do it yourself. I usually run flash + cleanse if I am running offtank. Or flash + ignite if I am running carry DPS.

redlightman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-16-2011

Since the ratio on his Q is supposedly getting buffed to 0.9 next patch, I would try the previous page of AD reds, AD quints, dodge seals, and then whatever blues.

Kanashimu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-16-2011

Mark + Quint - attackspeed
Seal - dodge
Glyph - your choice of MR runes

Jerz

07-16-2011

but how do you guys manage not be annoyed at the slow attack speed in the beginning of the team fight?

SteelerKing

07-16-2011

flat health quints? on Jax?
Isn't that a waste with his passive? And I mean BIG waste

I would switch those to Ap per lvl quints
And I find Mpen better for him since all his burst is coming from magic damage(No I'm a hybrid user, not full ap Jax) and the spellvamp builds up more than lifesteal.
If your enemy builds armor, he will most likely also buy Thornmail so it's actually better for you not to deal more damage with flat autoattacks, since that will get reflected onto you. Especially if you fight a rammus, he melts much easier with mpen.

In my build I get all the atkspeed I need on him, so atkspd runes would be a waste.
Not sure what you're building though.
I go:
*Dorans Shield(/Guardian angel switch)
*Mpen Boots
*Guinsoos Rageblade
*Hextech Gunblade
*Triforce
*Enemy dependant

The Triforce helps ya get your atkspd stacks up fast.

Butt Grabber

07-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerKing View Post
flat health quints? on Jax?
Isn't that a waste with his passive? And I mean BIG waste

I would switch those to Ap per lvl quints
And I find Mpen better for him since all his burst is coming from magic damage(No I'm a hybrid user, not full ap Jax) and the spellvamp builds up more than lifesteal.
If your enemy builds armor, he will most likely also buy Thornmail so it's actually better for you not to deal more damage with flat autoattacks, since that will get reflected onto you. Especially if you fight a rammus, he melts much easier with mpen.

In my build I get all the atkspeed I need on him, so atkspd runes would be a waste.
Not sure what you're building though.
I go:
*Dorans Shield(/Guardian angel switch)
*Mpen Boots
*Guinsoos Rageblade
*Hextech Gunblade
*Triforce
*Enemy dependant

The Triforce helps ya get your atkspd stacks up fast.
Lol

SteelerKing

07-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butt Grabber View Post
Lol
lol my bad on that one.
Ninja tabbis of course! Never buy other boots on him!

PhattyBacon

07-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butt Grabber View Post
Lol
I lul as well

redlightman

07-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhattyBacon View Post
I lul as well
Yes. I do as well.

The 3 of us should LOAO together.