team status in HUD

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morbis

07-19-2009

I was thinking, it would be really nice if there was just a bar on the side of the screen that could show you the health and mana of your team, sort of like how its done in WoW

options

07-20-2009

I could see this being really awsome.

Smolder

07-24-2009

I completely 100% agree. If there were one thing I could change about the UI it would be the addition of a party/team frame. It would need to have health, mana, level, and respawn time (when dead.)

Being able to see this information at glace makes for a better in-game awareness. Early game you can tell if one of your allies is being harassed too hard in their lane and may need a switch. If you wanting to initiate a gank you can tell if your buddy is healthy enough for it. Late game you can tell how much longer you have to defend an inhibitor alone before your team respawns.

A party frame could also give you the ability to target allies by clicking on their portrait. In big, chaotic battles this makes buffing and healing teammates much easier. I personally feel it would make it too easy, but it is an option.

Bane

07-24-2009

Not so sure about the portrait targeting as you said it would make things easier(not necessarily against it - just not sure) but at least being able to see their hp and mana would be amazing.

Blackultra

Adjudicator

07-24-2009

Considering how open LoL still is and the potential possibilities, I think if there was toggle-able frames for teammates that would be really really neat.

Nosaj

07-24-2009

+1!
I definitely think this is a great idea and a fairly standard feature in most team games.

Teirdome

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane View Post
Not so sure about the portrait targeting as you said it would make things easier(not necessarily against it - just not sure) but at least being able to see their hp and mana would be amazing.
I would argue that it's almost required for healers in big team fights. I know when trying to target one enemy in a giant kerfuffle I've accidentally hit a minion instead. Having health/mana displayed at all times would also make Soraka more useful than she is currently.

Nosaj

07-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teirdome View Post
I would argue that it's almost required for healers in big team fights. I know when trying to target one enemy in a giant kerfuffle I've accidentally hit a minion instead. Having health/mana displayed at all times would also make Soraka more useful than she is currently.
+2! The few matches I tried Soraka out this happened to me a couple of times as well. Was quite annoying, and hard to avoid when there are lots of creeps and champions fighting in the same area.

KingKrool

07-24-2009

I agree this would be really nice especially if the icon turned all red if someone got below 20% or something

MammothWaffle

Adjudicator

07-24-2009

Team portraits were in the beta before I believe. I suggested a while back that their should be a small HUD for the player. Something along the lines of a small, tranlucent square portrait of any team mate within x amount of distance will be displayed, could show his health/mana in a percentage. It would have a triangular arrow curved around the corner of the square portrait. It would be at the edge of the screen, following movement, then disappear as he comes on the screen. Same for any nearby non LoS blocked enemy champion.