[Complete] Q and A Session with Riot President Marc 'Tryndamere' Merrill this Friday!

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 40
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ByronicHero

Web Content Editor

Follow ByronicHero on Twitter

04-21-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Summoners!

By popular demand of the League of Legends community, the President of Riot Games, Marc 'Tryndamere' Merrill, will be holding a Q&A session this Friday, the 23rd of April. That's right, Runeterrans! The President is in, and he wants to chat! If you’ve got a few questions that have you tossing and turning at night, longing for an answer, you should probably turn out for this one.

The Q&A session will be held at 6PM Pacific Daylight Time in the League of Legends IRC channel on Quake.net, but if you're unable to attend because you have a date, are busy that evening, don’t trust third party software, or live in a different time zone, not to worry. Post your most pointed, burning questions here, and Tryndamere will answer a few of those over the course of his address. A transcript will be available following the event.

Well, summoners, you asked for it, and now, your President has answered the call! We want your questions, so line ‘em up!

EDIT: The transcript for Tryndamere's Q&A Session can be found here!

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

04-21-2010

Just in from IRC for those wondering :

Code:
  @ByronicHero: 6 PM Pacific Daylight Time for the Q&A
Can't wait! I'll be there

Also don't forget you can go on IRC through the webchat link Bryonic added if you don't want to install a client.

I suppose my questions are
  1. If you knew how things were going to progress what would you have changed in the beginning.
  2. Why blind pick instead of draft mode to start
  3. How many champions do you envision as a good selection for the future seasons.
  4. What sort of marketing do you hope to doin the future? Will we see more partnerships like Razer? People want their plushies!
  5. How have international markets affected development if at all.

Dragonglove

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-21-2010

It's been said a million times, and I understand Riot's current stance on dates, but I think it's the most important question on everyone's mind:

When is Season 1?

Edit: My question was just answered on IRC at the event. Reposted here.

Quote:
[18:08] <@Tryndamere> Well there is something that we obviously expected to see...
[18:09] <@Tryndamere> Pre-season will be over in the near future and we plan on launching season one in all of it's glory this summer. Season One will mark the official kickoff of competitive League of Legends and there will be some very exciting events and partnerships planned for it.
Summer is a big window, but it's reassuring to hear something other than "soon". Thanks Tryndamere!

He's also answered a great question about upcoming Season 1 features:

Quote:
[18:10] <@Tryndamere> <Timlankey> We obviously know that Season One will be coming out sometime this year and we know most of the features but, what sort of new features has Riot planned to be implemented into Season One that we may not have heard about yet?
[18:10] <@Tryndamere> Also, Riot has announced that they do not want to show (even only to the summoner) Normal Matchmaking ELO. Do you guys have any plans to ever cater to the "Casual" level 30 players who want to see progression in some form of a number but do not want to play ranked matches?
[18:10] <@Tryndamere> Great questions Tim!
[18:11] <@Tryndamere> A couple things that people may not know about season one... first, players will need to be summoner level 20 in order to participate in ranked games. We think it is important for the players of ranked games to be veterans and to have access to T3 runes.
[18:12] <@Tryndamere> The addition of ranked games is very important to League of Legends - many players have asked to see detailed stats - and we will be showing stats in all of their glory for ranked games, including rankings, player ratings, aggregated stats of all kinds, etc
[18:13] <@Tryndamere> We are intentionally differentiating ranked games from normal - in that we want normal games to be for players who are looking to have fun and not necissarily always want to be "tryhards" - ie trying out new champions, earning IP, etc
[18:13] <@Tryndamere> Ranked matches will be ultra-competitive and will be the place where Summoners compete for status, glory and special end of season rewards
[18:14] <@Tryndamere> Additionally, we are exploring ways to enhance progression in normal games - per your question - because the gamers who do not want to play in ranked games are extremely important to us as well
That's all I'll post for now. We'll have a full transcript of the Q&A later.

GuyOfDoom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-21-2010

Can Riot find a better way to answer questions then general non-specifics?

SittyTuYeersOl

04-21-2010

are the Q&As going to be posted in this forum?

Rauros

04-21-2010

Question for the President! :

Are there any plans to make it so we can sell Runes back to the store or upgrade old Runes to a higher Tier? - The Rune combiner is quite lackluster, and it would be nice to simply sell old Runes back to the store for maybe half the IP amount we originally bought them for.

Timlankey

04-21-2010

If I won't be able to make it I will post my questions here but otherwise I will most definitely try to make this event!

Should be fun, thanks for posting Byronic.

My Questions:

-We obviously know that Season One will be coming out sometime this year and we know most of the features but, what sort of new features has Riot planned to be implemented into Season One that we may not have heard about yet?

-Also, Riot has announced that they do not want to show (even only to the summoner) Normal Matchmaking ELO. Do you guys have any plans to ever cater to the "Casual" level 30 players who want to see progression in some form of a number but do not want to play ranked matches?

Quote:
[18:10] <@Tryndamere> <Timlankey> We obviously know that Season One will be coming out sometime this year and we know most of the features but, what sort of new features has Riot planned to be implemented into Season One that we may not have heard about yet?
[18:10] <@Tryndamere> Also, Riot has announced that they do not want to show (even only to the summoner) Normal Matchmaking ELO. Do you guys have any plans to ever cater to the "Casual" level 30 players who want to see progression in some form of a number but do not want to play ranked matches?
[18:10] <@Tryndamere> Great questions Tim!
[18:11] <@Tryndamere> A couple things that people may not know about season one... first, players will need to be summoner level 20 in order to participate in ranked games. We think it is important for the players of ranked games to be veterans and to have access to T3 runes.
[18:12] <@Tryndamere> The addition of ranked games is very important to League of Legends - many players have asked to see detailed stats - and we will be showing stats in all of their glory for ranked games, including rankings, player ratings, aggregated stats of all kinds, etc
[18:13] <@Tryndamere> We are intentionally differentiating ranked games from normal - in that we want normal games to be for players who are looking to have fun and not necissarily always want to be "tryhards" - ie trying out new champions, earning IP, etc
[18:13] <@Tryndamere> Ranked matches will be ultra-competitive and will be the place where Summoners compete for status, glory and special end of season rewards
[18:14] <@Tryndamere> Additionally, we are exploring ways to enhance progression in normal games - per your question - because the gamers who do not want to play in ranked games are extremely important to us as well

ultranaut

04-21-2010

can we ask him why he is one of the worst heroes in LoL?

cycoconutz

04-21-2010

what can we expect to be released next (aside from free champs and balances) i.e. season 1 (lol), new map, game mode, stat tracking/leaderboards, replays all that jazz promised a long long time ago in a beta far away.

anyways just interested in what's next, new champs are cool but meh.

sirjj

04-21-2010

Hes not that bad but w/e Yea i think he needs a buff

1234511 ... 40