Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion Sneak Peek – Wukong, the Monkey King

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elanuzuru

07-16-2011

Quote:
Chet Chelios:
Hey another champion wow and still only 2 MAPS you guys must be working really, really hard there at riot. I mean really, still only 2 MAPS after being out over a year and you release yet another champion. You guys are just so focused there at riot coming up with all these new champions and still only 2 MAPS. Hey maybe next month you could come up with 2 new champions and we could play them on the 2 MAPS you guys have.

this riot, this.

Henebethoe

07-16-2011

I was saving for Skarner though

Soulraiser66

07-16-2011

Aww I wanted a scorpion!! haha, I'm gonna smack some people across the face with my Monkey's pole! still raging over Skarner...┻━┻ ︵ ("\(>_&lt/&quot ︵ ┻━┻

Willmen

07-16-2011

Ohhhh sweet man
im sooooo happy i want to try him

Willmen

07-16-2011

Quote:
LKZraged:
Monkey hmm sounds nice =D
make him fast, sneaky, and 4 abilities (like udyr)
and u have my money !!!
ps: a gohan skin would be nice 2

lol that would be awsome

House For Living

07-16-2011

Omfg finally!!!!!!!!

InfestOreo

07-16-2011

Passive - Every physical attack Wukong hits, increases his base movement speed by 4% up to 4 stacks.

Q - Long Range AD Damage
W - Medium Range Stun AP Damage
E - Flying Cloud escape/chase mechanism with AP damage mechanic
R - Large AOE AD Damage

DroskiDro

07-16-2011

If he speaks Ebonics, I might buy him with RP.

LuteyLumi

07-16-2011

I'm very excited for this champion...

However, I am REALLY disappointed in the lack of originality. It's Wukong, from the old chinese epic novel Journey to the West. It's the same exact name, same exact character. Way to go, Riot, in ripping off a character from a book published in 1590, and used several times over the years in movies, cartoons, music (yes, music!), ect.

Why not come up with some more ORIGINAL characters? :/

By the way, on a geeky side-note, if this character follows the book, he'll not only be able to lift godly amounts of weight, but he'll be able to fly, run super fast, extend and shrink his staff, transform, clone himself, ect. D: Talk about OP! How do you nerf something that went against heaven itself?

Golden Marlfox

07-16-2011

I'm just sayin, Dota2 could be comin' at any time and they're going to take so many LoL'ers just because there's not enough variety in the system, not enough maps, modes, w/e. I understand you guys aren't adding the new map because of the rank system being unable to change for a new map to suddenly appear, but at least give us a preview map or SOMETHING. 2 Maps isn't enough for it. Fun game, always different, but the scenery.... ehh it's gotta change.

But on the only positive side-note I can add... yay... dps champ. What about a Caster-Type Thornmail item instead...

Better yet, an item designed for DPS chars to actually have defense against casters since there's so many anti melee caster items but no anti caster melee items besides the hex drinker... Magic Resist is lacking my friends.

How about the only counter to an AP HP tank like Nunu and Singed being crit... and even that's slow. Or Leblanc's 2 skill kill... Some of these things need to be fixed... not a new champion as much as I am excited about it.