Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion Sneak Peek – Wukong, the Monkey King

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iTzGrim

Recruiter

07-18-2011

Either way there should be a Goku skin b/c I don't care how much it would cost I would buy it

vesperzen

07-18-2011

Quote:
devianART:
Riot, you know you can get sued for this for copyrights and hated by the chinese people and sun wukong lovers around the world, because first of all, you are copying a character right off one of the 4 classic novels of china, second of all, you are insulting and denegrating chinese culture by putting one of its godlike figure into a game, how would you guys feel if we chinese people decided to put Jesus into our video games

omg jesus totally needs to be a champion. build in guardian angel, anyone? or maybe every time he is killed, he rises 3 days later and steals all enemy foreskins? OR MAYBE A MULTIPLYING LOAF AND FISH ATTACK?

unfortunately for your stupid post, i think youll find that americans are crass enough as a country to have a sense of humor about such things. theres this show called south park you might want to look into, you cultural nematode.

rehpotsirhc

07-18-2011

i told u hed be coming u said it was a joke but ITS NOT i have 20343 ip and im using it on him =D

Lingofrenzy

07-18-2011

New main?? I believe soo!!

DioHard

07-19-2011

Quote:
Cinderfang:
All the people comparing him to Goku from DBZ are doing it wrong. Monkey King's story was around BEFORE DBZ, so if anything, Goku is designed after him, not vice versa.

Yo Mr. Smartass - dont bark too loud. No one said Goku was there before Monkey King, they are just similar, thats all people pointed out. He reminds them of Goku, no matter who was there first. (btw. Dragonball was there before DBZ, so get your studys right next time. And, yes, I know Monkey King is ancient.)

9TailGrimM

07-19-2011

Quote:
Cinderfang:
All the people comparing him to Goku from DBZ are doing it wrong. Monkey King's story was around BEFORE DBZ, so if anything, Goku is designed after him, not vice versa.

btw u got it wrong yes we know the monkey king STORY was around long before DBZ was even thought of, let alone DRAGONBALL, but remember DBZ came out before league of legends and so it came before this incarnation of wukong the monkey king...

on another note i dont want to wait a week for him i want to play him now!!!!!!

Quote:
DioHard:
Yo Mr. Smartass - dont bark too loud. No one said Goku was there before Monkey King, they are just similar, thats all people pointed out. He reminds them of Goku, no matter who was there first. (btw. Dragonball was there before DBZ, so get your studys right next time. And, yes, I know Monkey King is ancient.)

and yeah what he said too lmao

Kawaii Kira

07-19-2011

I am really hoping that Wukong is energy based for a few reasons. One is that it is so fitting for him! He looks like he would fit with Lee Sin, Akali, Shen, and Kennen. Also If this mechanic is going to have runes that you purchase, their should at least be a good variety of champions who can utilize them. I think this would be good for Riot Games as well. I am not sure of the ratings for each champ; however, most of the energy type champs seem popular. And making the new champion Energy based would prompt summoners to purchase the hardly used energy runes. This might have been attempted during Lee Sin. If it worked then or hardly worked. It may again!

Can't wait, so excited. Good work Riot!

Kawaii Kira

07-19-2011

Quote:
devianART:
Riot, you know you can get sued for this for copyrights and hated by the chinese people and sun wukong lovers around the world, because first of all, you are copying a character right off one of the 4 classic novels of china, second of all, you are insulting and denegrating chinese culture by putting one of its godlike figure into a game, how would you guys feel if we chinese people decided to put Jesus into our video games

Lol, I actually know of a Chinese man who is looking forward to this champion! Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. You should be happy these American people wish to Idolize one of your cultures Iconic figures. I myself think it is amazing when someone completely awesome is put into a video game! Also, as for the copyrights, they are save. You noted yourself; The name is SUN Wukong! I am also not really sure on overseas policies.

GullwingPaine

07-19-2011

It's funny everyone is thinking of goku my first thought when i saw him was that movie with jacki chan and jet li in it the golden kingdom i think

though i will admit agree 100% a gokuesk like skin would be very cool

while i think a kingkong skin would be good as well the 2cnd skin in the bundle 100% has to be donkey kong comon iconic monkey of the ages lol

Prettyfox

Recruiter

07-19-2011

Coming to HoN too... umm... same art and everything :\

Except HoN sucks.