Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tutorial: Running League Of Legends on Ubuntu (and other Debian derivatives)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RoosterCockburn

08-13-2011

Quote:
HEADbIbIKBATEH:
Hi all!

I installed winelol and ace-client, dating it up to 3.11. Can anyone explain me how to change a region from Europe (I chose it when installing ace-client) to Europe North-East?

Hey,
Run the content manager program, its called: ace_ctnmanager.exe

So just run: /opt/winelol/bin/wine /home/YOU/.wine/drive_c/lol/ace_ctnmanager.exe
that command is subject to change based on where ever you installed the Ace Client.

Thanks =D

Toch Meetstik

08-15-2011

Having an issue myself. After patching I can no longer even get the client to load.. I recieve this message in the terminal

jonathan@jonathan-Home-System:~$ /opt/winelol/bin/wine /home/jonathan/.wine/drive_c/lol/lol/lol.launcher.exe
err:ole:COMPOBJ_DllList_Add couldn't load in-process dll L"C:\\windows\\system32\\ieframe.dll"
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {8856f961-340a-11d0-a96b-00c04fd705a2} could be created for context 0x3
err:ole:CoFreeUnusedLibrariesEx apartment not initialised
err:ole:CoUninitialize Mismatched CoUninitialize

I hope someone can help me out.

RoosterCockburn

08-16-2011

Quote:
Cesium06:
Having an issue myself. After patching I can no longer even get the client to load.. I recieve this message in the terminal

jonathan@jonathan-Home-System:~$ /opt/winelol/bin/wine /home/jonathan/.wine/drive_c/lol/lol/lol.launcher.exe
err:ole:COMPOBJ_DllList_Add couldn't load in-process dll L"C:\\windows\\system32\\ieframe.dll"
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {8856f961-340a-11d0-a96b-00c04fd705a2} could be created for context 0x3
err:ole:CoFreeUnusedLibrariesEx apartment not initialised
err:ole:CoUninitialize Mismatched CoUninitialize

I hope someone can help me out.

Hey did you happen to update to IE7 or install any other windows programs / services?

You could alternatively just download the newly released 3.12 FULL CLIENT instead of downloading 3.9 and applying 3 patches. See if that helps =D

If not I'll be on all this evening and tomorrow evening trying to help.

Thanks,
TJ

RoosterCockburn

08-16-2011

I have to remake part 2, after trying to re-upload it about 50 times, I've given up. So I'm going to remake it, expect it here tonight / this morning.

Fizbania

08-18-2011

Resolving browsers-us.mirrors.zensoft.net... 173.236.192.130
Connecting to browsers-us.mirrors.zensoft.net|173.236.192.130|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2011-08-18 22:12:54 ERROR 404: Not Found.

------------------------------------------------------
Downloading http://browsers-us.mirrors.zensoft.net/ie/win32/6.0/ie60.exe failed

I get this error when i try to do wineloldeps

Toch Meetstik

08-19-2011

Quote:
RoosterCockburn:
I have to remake part 2, after trying to re-upload it about 50 times, I've given up. So I'm going to remake it, expect it here tonight / this morning.

Going to try a fresh install using the 3.12 full client. Ill keep you posted. Pretty positive my IE is still 6

My back up plan if this does not work is it just uninstall everything I installed in this tutorial and go through it step by step again. What components should I be uninstalling in that case?

RoosterCockburn

08-20-2011

Quote:
Cesium06:
Going to try a fresh install using the 3.12 full client. Ill keep you posted. Pretty positive my IE is still 6

My back up plan if this does not work is it just uninstall everything I installed in this tutorial and go through it step by step again. What components should I be uninstalling in that case?

Go to your terminal and type: sudo apt-get remove winelol

Go to your home folder, press CTRL+H and delete your .wine folder

TADA! ITS REMOVED =D

RoosterCockburn

08-20-2011

Quote:
Fizbania:
Resolving browsers-us.mirrors.zensoft.net... 173.236.192.130
Connecting to browsers-us.mirrors.zensoft.net|173.236.192.130|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2011-08-18 22:12:54 ERROR 404: Not Found.

------------------------------------------------------
Downloading http://browsers-us.mirrors.zensoft.net/ie/win32/6.0/ie60.exe failed

I get this error when i try to do wineloldeps

Oh boy we got ourselves a tiny problem... the mirror that winetricks is using to download the ie6 install file is down. I honestly have no idea what to do except possibly downloading it from some other location and installing it. I'll search around the web and find adequate download mirrors =D

Fizbania

08-20-2011

Thanks man. Is there a way I can add you on Skype or something so that you can help me get through the rest of it as well?

Toch Meetstik

08-21-2011

I'm getting ldconfig deferref processing now taking place every single time i try to do anything. Says processing triggers from libc-bin and then ldconfig deffered processing now taking place...

Whats going on haha?!