Can't Install League On New Laptop

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaLiBRaTe eM

06-03-2014

Hey, guys. So I just bought a new laptop (way better than my old one). This laptop has Windows 8 and better specs. Well, the problem is, I can't download league of legends. When I try to download, I'm stuck at "BIN_x00000" and it says "196:31:23" remaining which is 196 hours. I tried waiting 12 hours and it still says the same thing. This never happened on my old laptop. Any solutions? Thank you in advance.

CelestialAir

06-03-2014

Have you tried repairing the client or turning off your firewall during patching?

CaLiBRaTe eM

06-03-2014

Yes, I turned off my firewall. My connection is also great when looking at speedtest.

CelestialAir

06-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaLiBRaTe eM View Post
Yes, I turned off my firewall. My connection is also great when looking at speedtest.
And the client repair?

CaLiBRaTe eM

06-03-2014

Haven't tried client repair. I uninstalled the whole thing though and all files. Will repairing it do anything? Thanks.

CelestialAir

06-03-2014

Quote:
Haven't tried client repair. I uninstalled the whole thing though and all files. Will repairing it do anything? Thanks.
You never know, honestly. It wont hurt to try. Also try turning off "Allow Peer to Peer Transfer." I'd suggest trying that before repairing.

Let me know how that goes.

CaLiBRaTe eM

06-03-2014

Did nothing. This problem is really odd. Hope it fixes it self somehow. Have any other suggestions? I really appreciate the help.

CelestialAir

06-03-2014

Quote:
Did nothing. This problem is really odd. Hope it fixes it self somehow. Have any other suggestions? I really appreciate the help.
I cant think of anything else right now. Maybe send a support ticket.

CaLiBRaTe eM

06-04-2014

bump, sent in a support ticket, any other ideas? really want to play league :/

CelestialAir

06-04-2014

Quote:
bump, sent in a support ticket, any other ideas? really want to play league :/
I'm determined to get you playing. I understand how frustrating it can be. So lets run through a few various things:

-I know you said your firewall is off, but are you talking about a stand alone one, or the one with windows? If you have both, make sure they are both off.
-Are you running the league executable as admin?
-Have you tried flipping between servers, ultimately going back to the NA one, closing, then reopening the client?
-Have your tried unchecking "Read-Only" under folder properties and running the lol.launcher.admin.exe file (basically just running as admin)?
-Tried to force a repatch with deleting these two folders:
C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\downloads
C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\solutions?
-Uninstall Pando Media Booster
-Try deleting this folder:
C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_launcher

The only other way I see getting around this is getting the league of legends folder from a friend on a usb, reinstalling league, and then pasting the folder over the install, since it will be patched already.