Elementz TT 3v3 Champion Tier List! (Draft Mode)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elementz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

04-20-2010

This is MY opinion souly and does not reflect my team's or any other high level player opinion on high level play. It's for you to read and discuss for your enjoyment and nothing else.

This tier list is not reflected left to right btw. It's just where I would place them at random. The tier here is all pretty much on the same level if they are placed in the same tier.

This is my tier list according to the upcomming season 1 Draft Mode / Tournament Play (NOT blind pick) I've put all the champions I feel are viable on TT into 4 tiers.

• Tier 1: Ezreal, Mundo, Jax, Zilean, Gragas
  • Tier 2: Poppy, Shen, Janna, Warwick, Udyr, Garen, Kayle.
  • Tier 3: Singed, Mordekaiser, Nasus, Shaco, Annie, Nunu, Ashe, Olaf, Sion.
  • Tier 4: Blitzcrank, Ryze, Morgana, Kassadin, Karthus, Cho'Gath, Pantheon, Heimerdinger, Twisted Fate, Anivia, Fiddlesticks, Rammus, Nidalee, Akali.
Picks in 3v3 Draft Mode go bans first going 1/2/1 and then 1/2/2/1 for picks. This means if you get first ban, the other team gets two bans then you get another one after they ban two. If you get first ban the other team then gets first pick. They would pick one champion, you would then pick two champions. Then they would then pick two, and you would pick your final champion finishing the picks and bans.

TT = Twisted Treeline 3v3 map
SR = Summoners Rift 5v5 map

I'll now explain my tiers.

Tier 1 - Godlike Tier

These champions are a must pick or a must ban. Try to get one on your team and making sure the other team doesn't get one is vital. Their strengths are unrivaled in 3v3.

Tier 2 - Extremely Viable Tier

These champions are very good on this map and offer a lot of utlity and bring overall strength to any team their on. Their abilities shine much more on TT then on SR giving them the edge for 3v3. They're all highly valuble picks.

Tier 3 - Viable Tier

These champions are still viable at all levels of play and good picks overall but are simply out shined by tier two champions for the most part. Some tier three champions can replace tier two champions in a specific line up but aren't as good as the tier two champions. Overall good champions and a solid picks for certain line ups.

Tier 4 - Good / Special Line Up Tier

These champions aren't the best for TT and are much better off in SR but can still fit into a lot of line ups as a good compliment to your core line up.

Ex.. You pick Jax, Nunu and then 3rd pick Morgana to compliment Nunu when he uses his ultimate and make Jax even more of a machine as he can't be CC'ed that well in a team fight now and her Dark Binding (Q snare ability) makes it easy for Jax to auto attack.

These champs can most likely be played in MM Draft Mode with moderate success but you would probebly be better off picking any champion out of the other three tiers for better results. In a tournament you would see a mix of these champions in different line ups. These champions are in no way main picks and simply used to finish off a line up to fit a specific roll.

Another Ex.. Poppy, Cho'Gath, Annie. The other team has drafted a not so survivable team and you counter picked with a pure burst team. Tibbers stun, to Poppy Devisating Blow, to Cho'Gath Feast to instantly make it 3v2. You will won't see these line ups too often but when you do they are quite effective at countering the other team accordingly because of their unique abilities to burst, CC, etc... And can be viable still.

Overall these champions are still viable and will be seen in MM Draft Mode and competitive play just as much as the others.

I encourage you to convince me otherwise to add/remove/change my tier placement of champions and/or add new ones that belong in a specific tier so I may update the list to make it correct as possible. Remeber this isn't blind Pick usefulness it's Draft Mode usefulness meaning you have to take bans into consideration and who/what works well with X champion being banned. Let the discussion begin!

! ! ! Edit: I also just started a blog on SoloMid.net and it can be found here! I am going to be updating it daily with info about LoL and other things of interest! http://www.solomid.net/blog/

Ezreal to tier first in tier 1

Gragas moved to tier 1

Kayle into tier 2

Sion into tier 3

Olaf into tier 3

NimrodD

04-20-2010

Thought Mordekaiser would be one tier up, but otherwise, fine list. Why is Zilian that high up? Is he so good there?

Mowarth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-20-2010

Sion should be tier 2, he's freakingly strong, he's a good pusher and works extremely well with Zilean.

MadaMonk

04-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimrodD View Post
Thought Mordekaiser would be one tier up, but otherwise, fine list. Why is Zilian that high up? Is he so good there?
Games don't last long on TT. So his early game burst capabilities coupled with his ult makes him amazing.

Guidedkamikaze

04-20-2010

Annie seems slightly low I'd at least put her in tier 3.

Sage434

04-20-2010

More tier lists?

Boo.

Layotees

04-20-2010

Quote:
Longest range, highest AoE damage early game mage, and his ult has much more value in 3v3 than it does in 5v5.

Malak al Maut

04-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guidedkamikaze View Post
Annie seems slightly low I'd at least put her in tier 3.
Why? What use is saying X is tier Y without posting a reason, notice Elementz carefully explains his choices. He, also, specifies this list is for Season 1 Ranked Play & Tournament Play with Draft Mode & Exclusive pick. I, actually, find the list fairly accurate and appreciate the time he put in making it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layotees View Post
Longest range, highest AoE damage early game mage, and his ult has much more value in 3v3 than it does in 5v5.
Zilean has an easy time traversing terrain +1
Has a Powerful Early Game +1
Has an ult that is game-breaking when there are less people focus firing a target +1
A powerful mid game +1
Does not require much farm +1
Can shut down a laning carry +1
Has a debilitating slow +1
And allows his teammates to quickly close in or escape effectively countering ganks once he reaches level 3, he continues to counter them for the duration of the game, and effectively shuts down ganks or sets up counter ganks once he reaches level 6 +3

Elementz

The Council

04-20-2010

Quote:
Morde is tier 3 because as effictive as he can be with Ignite and his ultimate he is countered by a single summoner spell. Cleanse. He would be higher if cleanse wasn't so vastly seen on TT or if it wasn't so strong. All the tier are relitively close together as well. There's not a massive gap between them only a small one.

Zilean is so high up there because his early game burst is insane and after level 6 you get a free get out of jail free card making it a 4/3 team fight almost. If you have a good Zilean who uses his ultimate exactly when he's supposed too you will find you can't really focus fire anyone that well. He also makes it hard to chase and or get away from. He makes it easy to dive and make risks you normally couldn't make because of his ultimate. His ulility is insane and his damage is high.

Spanvro

04-20-2010

sounds pretty accurate expect for zilean never see him in TT