DPS Kennen - One-yordle blitzkrieg

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cirno9

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-20-2010

First off, this is my first guide, so constructive critiscism on it would be appreciated. In my opinion, Kennen is most optimised when he is played DPS, mainly because of his electric surge's passive. His normal attack deals magic damage based off of his attack damage every 5th attack, and it can crit. Upping his attack damage and attack speed makes him quite fearsome for a yordle. I am not trying to say that AP build is bad, but that DPS works very well, too. However you think he should be played, follow the link below. It's a long guide.

http://hub.ariendor.net/bert/DPS%20K...litzkrieg.html

Thanks for checking this, and good luck if you try this strategy.

-Cirno9

Sheshi

04-21-2010

Nice guide.

However I have a few suggestions for your guide.

I believe you should have CD Runes (Blue). This lets you use your skills more often, which can increase the effectiveness of your DPS Build. I say this because Kennen's style of play (to me) is to stack marks up quickly. So I think CD is necessary to build those marks up quickly.
For the Quints, I think you should try AP or Magic Pen. Both work well. Dodge - I should try it sometime and see what happens.

Also, have you tried using Teleport alongside Ignite? I find Teleport is great. Combined with E and you can be anywhere on the map pretty quickly.

And I think you should try to max your Q skill as early as possible. So I think the skill list should go along the lines of:
Q
W
E
Q
Q
R
and levelling in priority of R, Q, W, E.

However, I like this guide and you have given me something else to try so thanks for that.
+1 for your guide.

Cirno9

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheshi View Post
Nice guide.

However I have a few suggestions for your guide.

I believe you should have CD Runes (Blue). This lets you use your skills more often, which can increase the effectiveness of your DPS Build. I say this because Kennen's style of play (to me) is to stack marks up quickly. So I think CD is necessary to build those marks up quickly.
For the Quints, I think you should try AP or Magic Pen. Both work well. Dodge - I should try it sometime and see what happens.

Also, have you tried using Teleport alongside Ignite? I find Teleport is great. Combined with E and you can be anywhere on the map pretty quickly.

And I think you should try to max your Q skill as early as possible. So I think the skill list should go along the lines of:
Q
W
E
Q
Q
R
and levelling in priority of R, Q, W, E.

However, I like this guide and you have given me something else to try so thanks for that.
+1 for your guide.
I like all your suggestions for runes. I didn't think of going for magic pen quintessences or cooldown glyphs. I suppose the the magic pen can help in the beggining to do full damage when harassing. I'll have to try it out, once I get some spare IP.

As for teleport, I don't care for it, because it feels like a crutch to me. I used to use it often, but I decided I'd rather use the slot for something else. Also, his E, and energy regen rate allows him to move very quickly, anyway.

I've actually been using flash instead of ignite, and it's been working quite well, as it cancels spells, and allows you get that last bit of distance in a chase.

Finally, I've tried both maxing Q quickly and mixing Q and W, and both work. I think it really depends on the situation. I often try to go for both equally, because they both work well together, and leveling W increases the percentage of magic damage you do with its passive.

Thanks for your feedback, it's much appreciated.

mullidae

04-22-2010

overall I like the guide, but I've not had amazing luck with pure atk spd/atk dmg, I supose I'd be more comfortable with it in an arranged team.

I'll give this a shot and see if I prefer it to my current build of; nashor, rageblade, and sword of the divine. it gets me the speed I need, and allows my spells to actually do some damage.

Cirno9

04-23-2010

It's not an easy guide. You have to gank quite often to get enough for the expensive items it calls for. I guess this guide is a bit like playing AP Teemo, as you have to play him very offensively that way. That's why I suggested sword of the occult as an optional item, because it's cheaper than a BF sword, and it can give you more overall attack damage later game as well as some good attack damage earlier, if you gank right.

Zealor

06-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirno9 View Post
First off, this is my first guide, so constructive critiscism on it would be appreciated. In my opinion, Kennen is most optimised when he is played DPS, mainly because of his electric surge's passive. His normal attack deals magic damage based off of his attack damage every 5th attack, and it can crit. Upping his attack damage and attack speed makes him quite fearsome for a yordle. I am not trying to say that AP build is bad, but that DPS works very well, too. However you think he should be played, follow the link below. It's a long guide.

http://hub.ariendor.net/bert/DPS%20K...litzkrieg.html

Thanks for checking this, and good luck if you try this strategy.

-Cirno9
Thanks this build saved my life! I used to hate kennen, couldn,t figure out how to play him but now with your build I finally got my first gg with ken starting with 14 3 0 rampage and godlike on their way!

Phelan in Jail

06-09-2010

At first I doubted that AD kennen was real, but I realize he'd play like an AD TF who goldcards in an aoe. I'll definitely try this this week.

Also, based on your name, I can assume this is the strongest Kennen build. ;D

Grinningsphinx

06-09-2010

Malady over Starkes..i stopped reading right there.

Cirno9

06-09-2010

I'm probably going to change this guide around. I think I like the idea of saving the beggining the lifesteal for your later bloodthirster. I'd rather focus on attack damage.

Starks is better for supporting DPS champs like Sivir. Kennen is not a pusher/supporter. He's a pure DPS with this build. As such, you should capitalize on attack damage items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zealor View Post
Thanks this build saved my life! I used to hate kennen, couldn,t figure out how to play him but now with your build I finally got my first gg with ken starting with 14 3 0 rampage and godlike on their way!
I can't tell you how good that makes me feel to hear that. I ran 24/3/20 with this build once, and I was killing a fully tanking mundo in about 3 hits, minus my stuns.

Jonas Sterling

06-09-2010

Too faceroll to be viable in the majority of games. Any one of countless disables nukes him down in seconds. Winning a few games as a build doesn't constitute it as guide-worthy, sorry to say. You could go this build on Annie and get somewhat the same result.