Gold Per 10 Items

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TrueShot Haze

07-14-2011

Is it possible in any way, since they patched the gold per 10 items to be unique and stopped people from stacking them, to get a buff to increase the gold amount per 10?

As I imagine the 5 gold per 10 as before people would stack 3, so people would be getting like 15 gold per 10. between them every 5 seconds it was like what? 10 gold per 5 or something like that?

Anyways, all I'm asking, is since this was patched, support champions and tanks have been falling way behind mostly if I factor in the patch change that made these items unique. Could the gold per 10 be buffed so as to say, be on par with how it was when we could stack them?

5 gold per 10 seconds is 25 gold every minute, it's not exactly helping much towards support champions in specific. I would like it if the gold received per 10 was increased to about 7 gold per 10, that's 70 gold per minute. This would definitely be helpful and I don't think it's asking too much unless this was the general problem with stacking these items to implement the fix in the first place.

It just seems somewhat unreasonable and unfair to tanks and support champions they're not meant to get kills, and they're supposed to leave farming up to their carries so kills and creep stacks are usually for them.

Is my suggestion asking too much?

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

07-14-2011

Probably. Even after the nerf, it is very common to see gold per 10 items on a wide variety of champions. Someone I play with regularly had HoG, Philo Stone, and Avarice Blade on Sona. That same game, someone else on my team had a HoG and a Philo Stone. The enemy LeBlanc had Kage's and Philo, and her allied Gangplank had Avarice and Philo.

Gold gain items probably aren't in the right spot yet in terms of balance if they are still so high in demand.

TrueShot Haze

07-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhailRaptor View Post
Probably. Even after the nerf, it is very common to see gold per 10 items on a wide variety of champions. Someone I play with regularly had HoG, Philo Stone, and Avarice Blade on Sona. That same game, someone else on my team had a HoG and a Philo Stone. The enemy LeBlanc had Kage's and Philo, and her allied Gangplank had Avarice and Philo.

Gold gain items probably aren't in the right spot yet in terms of balance if they are still so high in demand.
Oh wait, does this mean gold per 10 items can still stack even though it's not the exact same item? If so, I never knew this.

Aronnax

07-14-2011

Because of the recent nerfs to gold (lowering kill and death streak rewards and making gold/sec items unique to themselves), the amount of farm one can achieve is limited to whatever CS they can get and how many gold/sec items they have (and if a skill discrepancy exists, kills and extra turrets/dragons/etc). Gold is a lot harder to come by, and with the Doran's nerfs a few patches back, Riot is encouraging slow, defensive play. As champions continue to be more and more balanced, games with equally skilled players are taking longer and longer to win. As such, more emphasis is being placed on the 30 minute marker than the 15 minute marker; this means that gold/sec items purchased early have nearly recuperated their cost and can only provide benefits. I need to watch more streams to determine the current trends at high end play, but I would imagine that the only people who do not purchase gold/sec item(s) are hard carries.

RipCarlin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-15-2011

The only nerf to gp5 was the stacking of EXACT SAME gp5 items. Getting a Philo, a HOG, and a Pick will give you 15g per5. The nerf was a good nerf imo. Avarice BladePlanks, and HOG stacking Tanks were a bit too much.

The amount of GP5 doesn't need an increase. Playing 0-10 cs Sona with Philo/HOG/Pick, I find the gp5 amount to be balanced.

Although I do think they need a small buff in the stats department. I want the old HOG.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueShot Haze View Post
5 gold per 10 seconds is 25 gold every minute, it's not exactly helping much towards support champions in specific. I would like it if the gold received per 10 was increased to about 7 gold per 10, that's 70 gold per minute.
5g/10=30g/min, 25-27.5 minutes to recuperate value.
7g/10=42g/min, 17.5-20 minutes.

Well if you can only earn the benefit from 1 5g/10 item, that probably would be a welcome buff...but I'm pretty sure 80% of the time it'd be a Philosopher stone.

Azaluc

07-15-2011

So having the same item doesn't stack, but if you have a philo, hog, avarice, kage's they all stack?

ShenTianWen

07-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azaluc View Post
So having the same item doesn't stack, but if you have a philo, hog, avarice, kage's they all stack?
Yes, and here's why: an effect being "unique" doesn't mean that you can only have one effect of that type. It means that the effect doesn't stack with other unique effects in the same item build path. All the gold generation items have different build paths.

For example, the passives from Tear of the Goddess, Manamune, and Archangel's Staff do not stack with each other because they all share the Tear of the Goddess build path.

Stinger and The Brutalizer both have "unique" CDR, but they will stack since they have different build paths. Getting two of one or the other, however, will not stack CDR.

TrueShot Haze

07-15-2011

Still though, I'd say 7 gold per 10 buff would be welcomed in my eyes, 5 gold per 10 isn't bad either I wouldn't get mad or anything if they are kept as they are.

I was just asking to see what other people think, thank's for the feedback by the way everyone, i appreciate it. ^.^

Knowing that the gold per 10 items can still be exploited in a way has been working out for me lately, so keeping them as they are would not hurt at all.

TrueShot Haze

07-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeadman View Post
5g/10=30g/min, 25-27.5 minutes to recuperate value.
7g/10=42g/min, 17.5-20 minutes.

Well if you can only earn the benefit from 1 5g/10 item, that probably would be a welcome buff...but I'm pretty sure 80% of the time it'd be a Philosopher stone.
Yeah this was when I didn't know you could pick up the other different items with the 5g per 10 items, people can still exploit this quite well actually.

If they were going to patch it so that you can't benefit from the separate 5g per 10 items then my post would be more suggested I think.

Exploiting this 5 gold per 10 thing only concerned me because I didn't know you still could exploit it for the reason that I'm an avid Support champion player for ranked games, I can also play tank champions rather well in ranked games, so gold was a major issue to me as to where my carries could have a full set of 3 item slots filled with 2 other material items in their item slots while I would probably only have the upgraded versions of whatever boots I'd need for move speed and probably Aegis completely bought but then my next item I would probably not even be able to afford materials for the next item because by 15-25 minutes those are what I'd have compared to my carries. Tank would be relatively squishy and Support champions would need more too.