Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Summoner Spell: Heal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Handfulll

07-14-2011

Heal has to be one of the most overpowered and annoying summoner spells in the game. If you get an enemy champion down to low health and you know that your going to kill them all they have to do is use Heal and they will kill you. I know that it is meant for the lower level player (being level 21 myself) it is one of the spells that should be used at lower levels especially 1-10, but when you go into a game (even with level 30s) you will see people take heal and they will end up being fed because they will get those kill because all they had to do was use heal. Heal is also teaching new players that at the higher levels it is o.k. to use it and frankly piss the other team off in the game. Heal is one of those spells that is meant for people to use who have no measurable amount of skill (no offence meant) it is all right to use at level 1-10 because you still getting used to the game still finding that main champion and still finding a build that works for you, but when you see it used by people that are over level 20 who know their main champion like the back of their hand and have a build for it and if they use it at level 20+ they will just get fed and finish that build that they have really early and then just rack up kills until there is no chance the enemy team will win. In ranked games I'm pretty sure that they do not use heal but when you are leveling and your are at those 3rd tier runes and you see people with heal it turns the game from fun to (the team that is facing the champion with heal) arguing at each other because that champion with heal was fed because they would just use heal and score a double kill really early. So Riot Games needs to remove heal and teach the new players that team composition is important and not let them learn that at the max summoner level because I guarantee you that you will have so many people get really pissed because level 30 summoners don't know what the other summoner spells do and that they have no measurable amount of skill because they rely on heal to be fed

bgugtz

07-14-2011

Dude, if you're trying to kill someone, and they pop heal on you and then kill you because suddenly they were back at half hp, then you've been BAITED.
Quit QQing and L2P...

C0ldN00b

07-14-2011

ahhh healbaiting. i miss that fun. still happens with soraka though, and i dont even take heal @@

Handfulll

07-14-2011

It's not heal baiting its the fact that at lvl 20+ you will get a champ down to 50 hp and they pop heal and then they kill you because they have not learned to play yet... if it was a heal bait then it would be legitimate but when their at 50 hp and they use heal just to kill you it pisses you off. And bgugtz this is a mature thread so if you have nothing constructive to say or something that helps move along the TOPIC of the forum post then dont bother posting at all.

Donatien2

07-14-2011

You know, you can see which summoner spells each player choose. So you know who's got heal. So you could assume he'll use it to AVOID BEING KILLED WHEN THEY'RE LOW HEALTH.
Then: take them to low health and go back. They use heal. Now kill them. If they have no amount of skill whatsoever, you should be able to do that al least 2 times before the cooldown ends. 3 if they picked heal and teleport.
Also, you can pick heal too.

Handfulll

07-14-2011

The fact is that even if you know he has heal and he uses it 90% of all champions have a slow (or have exhaust) in which they will just slow you down and kill you and plus when your laning bot or top there will be two people attacking you and its unfair because you have the skill to actually play the game and then you die to a bunch of noobs that are too insecure too play the game without heal

Danja

07-14-2011

i agree with OP. I think heal needs to be like a potion, maybe restore more health overall, but happen in a course of 5 seconds. I mean, you can buy potions, can have team mates heal you (or heal yourself) and purchase life steal to aid you in getting life back. I noticed there is no mana drain abilities on any champ, or items that return mana on a champ. So to play as a champ with no mana pool and being able to have all this healing available to you is a little much.

God Hates Teemo

Recruiter

07-14-2011

You do know heal/revive/clarity/rally are considered probably the worst summoner spells in the game. L2P

C0ldN00b

07-14-2011

Quote:
It's not heal baiting its the fact that at lvl 20+ you will get a champ down to 50 hp and they pop heal and then they kill you because they have not learned to play yet... if it was a heal bait then it would be legitimate but when their at 50 hp and they use heal just to kill you it pisses you off. And bgugtz this is a mature thread so if you have nothing constructive to say or something that helps move along the TOPIC of the forum post then dont bother posting at all.

that IS healbaiting lol. you may not understand what healbait is so i'll explain. You duke it out with the enemy champ when you would obviously lose with your current hp but you have an extra 500 'hidden' hp which he does not account for, so in fact, that 50 hp is 550 HP. and you would thus, use that heal, to win the fight for you. which part of it isnt healbaiting?

Donatien2

07-14-2011

Quote:
C0ldN00b:
that IS healbaiting lol. you may not understand what healbait is so i'll explain. You duke it out with the enemy champ when you would obviously lose with your current hp but you have an extra 500 'hidden' hp which he does not account for, so in fact, that 50 hp is 550 HP. and you would thus, use that heal, to win the fight for you. which part of it isnt healbaiting?

The part where he seems to consider healbait a valid and skillfull technique, and he's talking about people that DON'T KNOW HOW TO PLAY and that's why they pick heal.

LOL, you can see right there who's got heal AND exaust, and if you are a skilled player you should know which champions have CC, DON'T GET IN THERE.
Or play Gangplank.