[Suggestions] Top 10 Requests

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Helenek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2010

Why isnt this sticky'd yet?!

Levyten

05-06-2010

Bumb for great justice!

Pho3nix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-08-2010

/signed

I would love to see a vast majority of these. Some of them seem like fairly simple tasks as well. Very nice thread. I approve. Kudos. Bravo... etc

Nonomus

05-08-2010

i agree w/ everything EXCEPT the custom UI editions
since this game is dependent on skill (unless u r playing ryze/jax etc. that is), the players are going to be able to create UI's that would put them above others that dont have that addon, which is unfair for most players... this might seem like a good idea @ first... but its not

JDawgOldF

05-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroForgotnglory View Post
while in theory that would be nice, in reality it would cause several problems. Furthermore, why would players need a specific page per character, i can tell you right now, that if i'm playing a tank, more often then naught, my masteries and runes are going to look exactly the same no matter which tank i pick.
I like the idea of just configuring Runes and Masteries and summoner spells per Champion. Then it's all configured before a game starts. In fact they could decrease the wait timer.

Simple and I don't go into a game accidently with wrong selection for the Champion.

It's a Win-Win for Riot. We'll all be more motivated to try more characters and therefore buy more characters and runes.

stedorian

05-09-2010

I absolutely agree with these suggestions... especially the GUI thingy...
It will be way better to have custom addons in-game...
Consider that some1 don't like the current in-game GUI (me for example), he can put another one... more to his likes...

I think admins should really consider about that...

Sheppardo

05-10-2010

all of these please and a llama hero!

TheMotherGoose

05-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonomus View Post
i agree w/ everything EXCEPT the custom UI editions
since this game is dependent on skill (unless u r playing ryze/jax etc. that is), the players are going to be able to create UI's that would put them above others that dont have that addon, which is unfair for most players... this might seem like a good idea @ first... but its not
The fact is that the UI information is all already there, this merely organizes it in a way that it easier for the player to manage. Trimming down the UI so that I only have to see my HP bar and Items would be great! Its not that this gives the player an advantage, it just allows them to manage the game in a way that caters to thier style of play better. For example, a Soraka would do good to be able to see all alied champ's HP, same with a Shen. A Sion on the other hand doesn't need this info nearly as much and is really better off without it. Example, I have changed the colors and font size of my criticals to be easier for me to see (Crits are now larger and in bright blue). Does this give me an advantage? No. Does it help me play? Yes. I have dozens of small changes like this to my HUD. They make my life easier, they don't give me an advantage though, just because the UI works well for Phreak, doesn't mean that it worked as well for me, now it does

RealFatChicken

05-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMotherGoose View Post
The fact is that the UI information is all already there, this merely organizes it in a way that it easier for the player to manage. Trimming down the UI so that I only have to see my HP bar and Items would be great! Its not that this gives the player an advantage, it just allows them to manage the game in a way that caters to thier style of play better. For example, a Soraka would do good to be able to see all alied champ's HP, same with a Shen. A Sion on the other hand doesn't need this info nearly as much and is really better off without it. Example, I have changed the colors and font size of my criticals to be easier for me to see (Crits are now larger and in bright blue). Does this give me an advantage? No. Does it help me play? Yes. I have dozens of small changes like this to my HUD. They make my life easier, they don't give me an advantage though, just because the UI works well for Phreak, doesn't mean that it worked as well for me, now it does
I slightly agree with the person you were responding to, but simply because I don't think "WoW" had the greatest system. WoW was too customizable through add-ons, and their default UI was pretty bad. I'm highly in favor of being able to customize a U.I., but only if it's run through Riot and you don't have to rely on down-loadable third party add-ons. When playing WoW, those third party add-ons were amazing, but every patch you'd pretty much have to stop playing for a few days until your add-ons were updated. All around, it was sloppy system and took a lot away from the game experience.

So, yes the U.I. should be customizable (to favor both minimalist or information-loving players, or players who simply want all the current information on different parts of their screen) but it should only be handled in-game via Riot, and third-party addons should not be a part of U.I. customization.

Personally, I'd like an option to go into "U.I. Customization Mode" which then shows you what your screen would look like in-game (but everything is paused), and you can drag and drop everything around and right-click to delete things you don't think you'd need. At any point you can hit a button in the center of the screen "return to default." Just a thought.

TheMotherGoose

05-10-2010

Not a bad opinion, but let me put it this way, I think that every player could be totally happy if they came out with "XPerl" for LoL. In my opinion, XPerl was THE WoW addon that eliminated most/all of the UI issues. This single addon could fix all of LoL's issues, from the most minimalist to the greediest information oriented player. If this should be done by Riot or by fans, I don't care. But seriously, the expandability that the Addon allowed was excellent and should be in LoL.