Clarity on Sona and Orianna?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1c5019c283e69d4080426

07-14-2011

Been taking these since I started playing both of them. And so far I've never seen a game where they wouldn't be needed.

For Sona, Clarity lets her spam her damage and her innitially weak heal so much, that most teams can't stay in lane enough, easily letting my team out-farm them. And since I need 2 early wards, it allows me to push back my TOTG , and have better awareness.

For Orianna, I find that her command-attack spells miss a lot more than I'd like them too, and using my E+W combo to help teammates escape ganks/ innitiate really takes its toll.

Thing is, I don't have a full rune set yet, so maybe those will give me some extra safety, but so far, I find clarity to be far more useful than clairvoyance or teleport.

Ionic Breeze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-14-2011

I build Tear of the goddess with Sona, so after that I have little to no mana problems, even without mana regen items.

RipCarlin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-14-2011

Fearie Charm (Future Philo Stone) + Ward + HP Pot + MP Pots + Masteries + 9 mp5 P/Lvl runes = Everything Sona needs. MP is not an issue.

You should not be spamming your spells in lane. Harass when you have the mana to spare. Otherwise have heals and/or Power Chord E on stand-by as your partner farms. If you have to spam heals to keep your partner alive, then your partner is being way too aggressive. The only time you should be spamming you spells is in mid-late game team fights to keep your team supplied with all auras.

Schramtor

07-14-2011

I am a fan of clarity on sona (haven't played orianna), both for myself and my lane partner. Clarity lets them (assuming they use mana) harass a lot more in lane. When I play supports, I support!.

Although a mana manipulator (the one with the aura) is good as well for that role if a different summoner skill works better. My only problem with mana manip. is that I am not a big fan of soul shroud and would rather grab an early philo stone.

I kinda wish the crafting cost was cheaper on philos but took regrowth (?) and mana manip instead of regrowth and half of a mana manip. (don't remember the name)

Jeecie

Recruiter

07-14-2011

Sona doesn't need much mana regen cuz all her spells always cost 60 mana... you should bring clairvoyance with her unless you know your team is gonna ward alot. i think clarity is useless end game and if you get pots or mp5, you solve your problem.. But if you feel more confortable with clarity keep it

Sibella

07-14-2011

You don't need clarity on Sona. Tear of Goddess is cheap. Get Archangel Staff. Have some mana regeneration runes. Get teleport instead of clarity for early mana problems. Then you have teleport later when you won't be having mana problems (even with excellent CDR, mashing keys like crazy).
Or use her spells more judiciously early on and hope you don't have an insane lane partner that you keep having to bail out. Then you can get clairvoyance or another summoner's spell.