[Guide] Suddenly...a WILD UDYR appeared!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kenjou5

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2011

which stance do u prefer? pheonix of tiger?

Eledhan

07-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjou5 View Post
which stance do u prefer? pheonix of tiger?
I prefer tiger...

The speed of clearing the jungle is still quite high, and I like the ability to focus on Turtle and Bear stance with that extra point or two by skipping Phoenix entirely, until I get to level 16.

That's my personal preference, and the way I play Udyr. The best part about it is the speed at which you can kill Blue at the very start of the game. The double Tiger proc (first one doesn't start the cd timer) is simply the fastest way to get finished with Blue, meaning you take less damage.

But see...if you take phoenix, you still want one point of Tiger to proc the AD scaling damage on your first gank. This means you only have one point in each by level 4. If you go Tiger, you can put 2 points in your ability of choice instead of tossing one into Phoenix. Need more speed? put the 4th point into Bear. Need more defense? put it into Turtle. Don't need either? Put it into Tiger for more damage and AS...

It's all dependent upon your personal style, but I have some very logical reasons to kick Phoenix stance to the curb.

Eledhan

07-22-2011

Guide Updated
I just completed all the posts for this guide, and it is now ready for viewing and comments. I will be requesting it be added to the list of guides.

Enjoy!

kenjou5

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-22-2011

thanks!! i think tiger is better at focusing carries too hehe! cool guide thanks for posting it. it's really awesome!

Eledhan

07-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjou5 View Post
thanks!! i think tiger is better at focusing carries too hehe! cool guide thanks for posting it. it's really awesome!
Why thanks!

Yeah, well...killin Carries is fun, but I just played another game using the Phoenix build, and it's tons of fun to just walk into an enemy team and go toe to toe with their tanks and actually WIN.

It really just depends on what you want. I have both stances ready to go at the beginning of each game, depending on my team, that way I am ready for whatever.

Bourge of Doom

07-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eledhan View Post
I prefer tiger...

The speed of clearing the jungle is still quite high, and I like the ability to focus on Turtle and Bear stance with that extra point or two by skipping Phoenix entirely, until I get to level 16.

That's my personal preference, and the way I play Udyr. The best part about it is the speed at which you can kill Blue at the very start of the game. The double Tiger proc (first one doesn't start the cd timer) is simply the fastest way to get finished with Blue, meaning you take less damage.

But see...if you take phoenix, you still want one point of Tiger to proc the AD scaling damage on your first gank. This means you only have one point in each by level 4. If you go Tiger, you can put 2 points in your ability of choice instead of tossing one into Phoenix. Need more speed? put the 4th point into Bear. Need more defense? put it into Turtle. Don't need either? Put it into Tiger for more damage and AS...

It's all dependent upon your personal style, but I have some very logical reasons to kick Phoenix stance to the curb.
I'm a phoenix boy, only because the skill leveling is more benefitial to only throw 1 point in tiger because the base damage is miniscule and not worth the extra skill points early on ;D Tiger gets it's full scaling @ lv 1, why not get the full pheonix buff which would synergize with tiger?

iwannatwirrl

07-22-2011

great guide!
you said to preload the tiger stance proc before blue is pulled so that you can trigger it again immediately--that would mean hitting it just before blue spawns and is leashed, correct? If so, you should mention the exact time @ which blue spawns so that folks know when to set that up.

Actually, that would be a good addition--keeping track of buffs for your team. Saying in chat stuff like 'next blue @ 7:45' or 'next dragon @ 15' can really help keep track of when certain things are going to spawn so that your team can jump on them as quickly as possible

Eledhan

07-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourge42o View Post
I'm a phoenix boy, only because the skill leveling is more benefitial to only throw 1 point in tiger because the base damage is miniscule and not worth the extra skill points early on ;D Tiger gets it's full scaling @ lv 1, why not get the full pheonix buff which would synergize with tiger?
Oh, look! My WILD UDYR mentor!

What he's saying about the synergy between Phoenix and Tiger is something to note. Phoenix gives you enhanced AD and AP...the AD makes Tiger better. So...going with Phoenix and maxing it, you should always still put at least one point into Tiger so you can get the proc after getting the AD buff from Phoenix.

This makes for some mean and nasty damage @ level 4-5 ganks...

Late game is based more on team comp...if you need an AD Champ, tiger fits the bill. If your team has plenty of AD champs, go with Phoenix.

Pretty much what Bourge42o and I have figured out in our convo's...I'm sure he'll correct me if I'm wrong!

Eledhan

07-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannatwirrl View Post
great guide!
Thanks!

Quote:
you said to preload the tiger stance proc before blue is pulled so that you can trigger it again immediately--that would mean hitting it just before blue spawns and is leashed, correct? If so, you should mention the exact time @ which blue spawns so that folks know when to set that up.
Good point...updating based on this now. Thanks!

Quote:
Actually, that would be a good addition--keeping track of buffs for your team. Saying in chat stuff like 'next blue @ 7:45' or 'next dragon @ 15' can really help keep track of when certain things are going to spawn so that your team can jump on them as quickly as possible
Yeah, this is something else I need to add....thanks a lot for the tips!

It's amazing how you can forget stuff like this when writing a guide...ah, well...nobody's perfect, eh?

Eledhan

07-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannatwirrl View Post
great guide!

Thanks for the critiques.

I've just added these features to the guide. Theyr'e in the 4th post if you want to check them out and you've already read the whole guide.