ZAM.com - League of Legends: What Happens when DotA Grows Up

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sazabi02

09-06-2009

We're still in the beta phase. It wouldn't seem right if he mentioned the flaws before the game was completely finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
Nope, HoN is what happens when DotA went to a plastic surgeon and moved out of his parents house. LoL is the evolution of DotA.
So true. If DotA did evolve it would be in no way like HoN.

PorcupineLord

09-06-2009

I wish the game acronym wasn't lol...now wenever i type lol as in the laughing way, it just doesnt seem right!

deafieboyy

09-06-2009

Quote:
why do the screenshots never give justice to how good the game actually looks? When was this written btw? It says that flash is unlocked at level 13, but it's been level 4 since before this last patch.. so this review is old?

Great review though, exactly what me and brother think, LoL is a much more advanced DotA

no thats not flash, thats teleport at lvl 4. you must've saw wrong in the game

Abunago

09-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by deafieboyy View Post
no thats not flash, thats teleport at lvl 4. you must've saw wrong in the game
he's right. u wrong.
flash("blink") is given at lvl 4.

Abunago

09-06-2009

And last spell (Clairvoyance) is given at lvl 10.
So there's no lvl 13 spells now

shenanigans

09-07-2009

dota didnt create this genre at all. for those that played the old school

AEON OF STRIFE

maps on the wc3, that was the first time i had ever seen it. dota came out ~1? year after the original.

so tired of seeing anyone at dota being giving credit for creating this when they so very much did not. they did make it popular, but certainly not original.

shenanigans

09-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERazER View Post
Then what about AoS, which DotA is based on and it's starcraft roots?
thank you, i am glad someone else realizes it. stop sucking dotas dick, they didnt create anything!

Prime

09-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abunago View Post
he's right. u wrong.
flash("blink") is given at lvl 4.
thanks for the backup.

Abunago

09-07-2009

Quote:
thanks for the backup.
I am hand of Justice! (ф_ф)

;D

Omnipotent

09-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenanigans View Post
dota didnt create this genre at all. for those that played the old school

AEON OF STRIFE

maps on the wc3, that was the first time i had ever seen it. dota came out ~1? year after the original.

so tired of seeing anyone at dota being giving credit for creating this when they so very much did not. they did make it popular, but certainly not original.
Just like GUI and Object Oriented / Mouse interface etc... Who came up with that? MS? Mac? Non.. XEROX did, but does anyone out there give the credit to Xerox? It's like giving credit to Edison for inventing the bulb when really many many inventors at his time were working on the same thing from previous inventors, but Edison took the patent in 1880 (I think?) and therefore, he is the father of the bulb. What about Sir Humphry? How about Swan?

Does that mean we should give Blizzard some credit for creating a platform where people were allowed to create awesome games like DoTA?

Everyone knows DoTA, not everyone knows AoS. Also, AoS was maintained / updated by more than one author, I am not going to compare it to Green TD, but it was just another 'random' map. Last but not least, we are talking about credit people, not crediting map. The mentioning of names of who affected who in the history of DoTA and now MoBA should have their names up there.