The sheer audacity of Riot has finally broken my spirit and faith in their abilities.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ArlanKels

08-10-2011

I'm having a hard time figuring out where to start in response to this post...I mean on the one hand half of what I read already came across as common complaints about Digital non-real money not-comes-from-real-money pricing of champions...
And then there was something I saw about playing Vindictus, where they charge you real money to change your underwear...

Scosci

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlanKels View Post
I'm having a hard time figuring out where to start in response to this post...I mean on the one hand half of what I read already came across as common complaints about Digital non-real money not-comes-from-real-money pricing of champions...
And then there was something I saw about playing Vindictus, where they charge you real money to change your underwear...
Changing underwear and appearances is virtually the same exact thing as purchasing a skin for a champion. It's simply for cosmetic purposes and affects gameplay in no way what-so-ever.

There would, however, be a link in comparing the two if Vindictus allowed you to pay money in order to unlock certain items, characters, or quests, or to simply earn any three of those on your own with time spent in the game.

Unfortunately, you need to invest about 3+ years of your life to unlock all the content in League of Legends to date, so I highly doubt there are people out there who haven't opened up their wallet to Riot. If they have indeed never spent a penny, they probably only own anywhere from 30-75 champions, and only a fraction of all the available runes.

Ponies Gonna Pwn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

08-14-2011

Still important.

Sefius

08-14-2011

in other words. video games is serious business kids.

Abedeus

08-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlanKels View Post
Huh. Really.

You can play Vindictus well into... well, everything!! WITHOUT PAYING ANYTHING.

The only reason stopping me from playing on US and going to EU is that I thought about how much money or time it would take to unlock even half of the champions. At least another year, unless I cashed out half my bank account. And then runepages, runes...

You don't have to pay in Vindictus to get all content from the start. But at the rate the 6300 champs are coming out, if you start playing now and never pay Riot anything (cause this is F2P), by the time you get all current champions, there will be 30 more released in the meanwhile.

ShiverM3Timbers

08-14-2011

I rarely ever post on the forums--but I have to say, OP, great post. Read all of it, agree 100%. It's a ****ing shame they moved this to off-topic.

I'll see you on Dota 2.

CrashXVII

08-15-2011

I lost interest halfway through. Normally I'm interested in posts like this, looked thought out at least. But really, they start coming up with new sorts of CC mechanics like reverse controls and what not, and all of a sudden the viable champ list disappears as old champs become ever more out dated.

fesicousman

08-15-2011

I must say, this post was what I've been thinking for the past couple of months, I agree with the whole thing. I've lost a lot of interest in this game that I used to think was really fun. It would take a lot of fixing for me to again become a regular player of LoL at this point.

Well, I guess I'll see you in DOTA 2 as well.

Scosci

08-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponies Gonna Pwn View Post
Still important.
I'm certainly glad you think so.

Ponies Gonna Pwn

Adjudicator

09-13-2011

Something tells me Riot's going to keep ignoring this, but still.