The sheer audacity of Riot has finally broken my spirit and faith in their abilities.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OmegaMilton

08-02-2011

Well, I DID read the entirety of your post and I enjoyed (and found myself nodding or saying "yes" under my breath more than several times) it immensely. I have been playing LoL for roughly a straight year. I think when I first joined, the newest champ about to be released was Malzahar. I have also been enjoying myself this entire time...with the exception to the last 4 or 5 months. During that time period, I have noticed the sharp decline in quality of the game, all across the board. Champ creation is stale; their prices are all the same expensive price; server stability is terrible; trolls and all around bad people are making the game experience miserable and there is no real, effective ways of remedying this; the Riot staff just seems insincere and uncaring about creating a quality product anymore. I can smell it in the air, this game is losing steam at a rapid pace and people are getting pissed. Ive been playing the game far less lately. Feels like im losing interest and its all because of the reasons that you, the OP, have stated oh so eloquently and correctly. You got some audacity guys and gals at Riot, you really do.

Diabolic Asian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2011

Well if anything I will say that I Agree with you since a lot of the Balancing Problems were Addressed on either the IRC or the TR mainly in regards to Balancing Issues with the Game such as GP10 Stacking which has been an Issue with the Game since Beta. Was Address as a problem that would Lower the Overall Skill level of the game and so on and so forth. But they just told us that gave them the Knowledge of the Broken Gameplay as just to Shut up cuz thats how they wanted it. That was until they got their Ass handed to them by the Broken Gameplay during Dreamhack.

So it took them Over a Year and 8 Months to fix something that had been Address as Broken and Stupidly Degrading in Skill. But they could care less about it because it drew in more people for more incentives for Cash. I was prolly one of the first set of Waves that came from the DotA Community and they way they treated us in regards of telling them what was Broken then was just ******ed to say the least by telling us to Piss off.

But yeah its already a given that the Majority of both LoL and *** is going to go over to DotA 2 but during the time frame till that *** is better balanced in a sense unfortunately I havent tried it since it was in Beta but Unfortunately I think its better balanced/worked on then LoL atm. I really wanted this to be the Next DotA for me but that kinda Died off when I saw how things were going down hill when Season 1 Came around with Nothing Good coming.

chunkyfunk

08-02-2011

I'm surprised riot hasn't deleted this post.... "soon" I bet

n00tch

08-02-2011

Great post, and very indicative of some of the things I've noticed about this game. It has so much potential, but it just feels like it's being squandered away. No Project Shiny, Magma Chamber, or replays in sight...

Ur little sister

08-02-2011

Bump!

Ragalorn

08-02-2011

I read the entire post, very well written and he is correct!

Cheesyroll

08-02-2011

I read the whole thing...i was a little disappointed, in riot...sad face..

GeorgieBGoode

08-02-2011

I just wish Riot would ditch the "no complex" champion idea. Yes while being simple is fun, you only do it so much. Complexity brings so much to the table. Look at Invoker in Dota. That ****er could mix and match and create meteors and countless other things. Now imagine if LoL had a deep champion like that. You would spend hours mastering him and feel rewarded.

While LoL has some of those deep, rewarding champions, they need more.

FearCatalyst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2011

Read the whole thing, OP is a gentleman and a scholar. +1

Also made me want to play Vindictus.

ManiacChicken

08-02-2011

Great post by the OP. There are many things, if not all things they said which are spot on. It's been like this with Riot for a long long time. It's getting stale. Sure, I'll continue to play until the game I'm awaiting comes out. For all you people not agreeing with the OP or at least not seeing some of the points they make, you need to put down the koolaid.