The sheer audacity of Riot has finally broken my spirit and faith in their abilities.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darksyde102985

07-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by QraQers View Post
May I ask, how is S2 a worse company than Riot? They engineer their game based off of what people want. The reason why HoN is not doing as good (but definitely not going down) is because the community is fool of elitist jackasses who make the game unfriendly for new players. Also it's not free (which is changing soon).
You say LoL is the "best option" for the MOBA genre, but doesn't that apply to how people like to play the game? If competitive, HoN has a way better competitive community than LoL with: advanced UI including guides, active replay functions, HoNcast.com for study of professional matches regularly. If for fun casual play, LoL is much more friendly to new players, much more new, refreshing content than DotA and it's counterpart HoN, as well as a level bases to manage skill gaps (even though you can create smurf accounts but farming IP keeps that down). Also I don't think LoL's community will dwindle based on DotA 2 considering it's taking the same physics type, style and game play from DotA/HoN making it as completely different from LoL as HoN and Dota are. The lack of Riot's compassion toward their community will be this game's end.
Ok get off my nuts I'm against riot too. We are of the same opinion here so stop the teamkilling. I've played HoN since july 2009 (EXTREMELY early in the closed beta) and I know how S2 works as a company both past and present. Once again they are a shining example of a well managed company gone bad. They were doing well during beta and even post release, but they have gone downhill in the same way riot has. Currently I think riot is slightly better, but they will both be **** if they keep going this direction. As I said Dota 2 will dominate the MOBA genre if riot doesn't step their game up.

P.S. HoNs competitive scene is actually pretty bad now. Honcast used to be good but is pretty unprofessional now (I watched them when they went to dreamhack during beta) and with this most recent dreamhack I'd say riot was far better (even though they had a ton of disconnect problems which I believe is unacceptable.

cft24

07-14-2011

quite well written

Solarshift

07-14-2011

Vindictus? Lol.

Get the hell off of /v/, for starters, and stop riding Nexon's **** just because they finally released a game that isn't ****ing awful. Unless you're going to attempt to convince me of the value and goodness of Maple Story, in which case, have at it. I'm all ears.

I just love reading posts like yours, OP. You provide all the complaints and no real solutions. If they released everything they have stored up (features and champions), would you be happy? No, you'd whine like a little ***** because you didn't get what you wanted, because you'll never get what you want, because you don't know what you want. You just don't want to be happy with what you've got, and you're pulling it off in spades, boyo.

At its core, League of Legends is a good game. It gets new content added to it on a pretty frequent basis (inb4 "champions aren't new content" because the game gets ****ing rebalanced every **** time one's released), and for the most part, none of that new content is detrimental to the game in some way.

I'd like to compare LoL's new content and its original form to the Valve FPS Team Fortress 2. In its basest form, upon release, it did not have the various different weapons for each class that it has today. Each class had a set of weapons that they used and the game was entirely based on what you did with said basic weapons. However, this wouldn't sate the community. So Valve pulled a neat trick. They added in different weapons that could be unlocked via achievements, i.e. players were rewarded for skillful play. However, THIS wouldn't sate the community. They demanded more, MORE WEAPONS FOR THE WEAPON GOD. And as such, we have the TF2 of today. The game is free, but if you were one of the ones who BOUGHT IT (lol buying a free game, sound familiar?), you got a couple of neat little virtual bits, much like the Gothic Annie or Silver Kayle skins in LoL. However, unlike in LoL, TF2 placed so much of an emphasis upon new content that the game itself went from a team-based shooter to a competition to see who looks the coolest when they kill you, and to see how much money you've spent on the game.

Would you like to see LoL go down that road? It's what you claim to want, tons of new content on a regular basis that changes the game in a significant way. AND HEY, THEY ADDED REPLAYS SO PEOPLE COULD SEE THAT SICK TRIPLE KILL WITH THE ROCKET LAUNCHER ON PAYLOAD! And I made sure they caught a glimpse of my unusual!

I sure as hell wouldn't. We don't need any **** replay features. We need a new map but dammit if we've waited 2 years we can wait a bit more, unless you're some kinda entitled ****** who wants EVWEYTING NAO!! And we CERTAINLY don't need infighting amongst the community about the stupidest **** possible, a la this thread.

But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Trollan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-14-2011

>MMORPG

Fat autist detected

Outworld

07-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarshift View Post
Vindictus? Lol.

Get the hell off of /v/, for starters, and stop riding Nexon's **** just because they finally released a game that isn't ****ing awful. Unless you're going to attempt to convince me of the value and goodness of Maple Story, in which case, have at it. I'm all ears.

I just love reading posts like yours, OP. You provide all the complaints and no real solutions. If they released everything they have stored up (features and champions), would you be happy? No, you'd whine like a little ***** because you didn't get what you wanted, because you'll never get what you want, because you don't know what you want. You just don't want to be happy with what you've got, and you're pulling it off in spades, boyo.

At its core, League of Legends is a good game. It gets new content added to it on a pretty frequent basis (inb4 "champions aren't new content" because the game gets ****ing rebalanced every **** time one's released), and for the most part, none of that new content is detrimental to the game in some way.

I'd like to compare LoL's new content and its original form to the Valve FPS Team Fortress 2. In its basest form, upon release, it did not have the various different weapons for each class that it has today. Each class had a set of weapons that they used and the game was entirely based on what you did with said basic weapons. However, this wouldn't sate the community. So Valve pulled a neat trick. They added in different weapons that could be unlocked via achievements, i.e. players were rewarded for skillful play. However, THIS wouldn't sate the community. They demanded more, MORE WEAPONS FOR THE WEAPON GOD. And as such, we have the TF2 of today. The game is free, but if you were one of the ones who BOUGHT IT (lol buying a free game, sound familiar?), you got a couple of neat little virtual bits, much like the Gothic Annie or Silver Kayle skins in LoL. However, unlike in LoL, TF2 placed so much of an emphasis upon new content that the game itself went from a team-based shooter to a competition to see who looks the coolest when they kill you, and to see how much money you've spent on the game.

Would you like to see LoL go down that road? It's what you claim to want, tons of new content on a regular basis that changes the game in a significant way. AND HEY, THEY ADDED REPLAYS SO PEOPLE COULD SEE THAT SICK TRIPLE KILL WITH THE ROCKET LAUNCHER ON PAYLOAD! And I made sure they caught a glimpse of my unusual!

I sure as hell wouldn't. We don't need any **** replay features. We need a new map but dammit if we've waited 2 years we can wait a bit more, unless you're some kinda entitled ****** who wants EVWEYTING NAO!! And we CERTAINLY don't need infighting amongst the community about the stupidest **** possible, a la this thread.

But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
TL;DR yours... You start off sounding like a huge jack-ass. No hook at all

Solarshift

07-14-2011

I don't need a hook. And I don't care if you don't read it, I was venting about my hatred of what TF2 has become and OP's post sparked it again.

MathMage

07-14-2011

Gone for an hour, and return to four pages of recycled arguments. /sigh

LesPaulLover is bitter because his game account finally got permabanned. I doubt he has a very positive view of Riot Games right now, but I don't take that view very seriously.

Rustea

07-14-2011

I think that you truly took a great deal of time to deliver a full response. This leads me to believe that you still have a great amount of interest in the game and the company that supports it. Why else would you take so much time to create a rage post...

Mksuen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-14-2011

bump for great justice!

AllenEX

07-14-2011

Totally agree with your post dude. I'm just playing LoL while I wait patiently for DoTA 2. And if it's just as good as I think it'll be, the day it comes out is the last day you'll see me here.